Discovery Cove in February???

Nicole Moynihan

Earning My Ears
So it looks like we may be in Orlando next February for a dance convention. We just did a major Disney trip a few months ago so I am not looking to go all out with Disney. My daughter is obsessed with marine life, especially dolphins. We added one day at Sea World for the big Disney vacation but never even told her a park like Discovery Cove existed due to the cost. If we say yes to this dance convention I am considering a day at Discovery Cove as a big birthday surprise. My only concern is the weather in February. Has anyone ever done this including the swim with the dolphins in a non-summer month? I'd love some insight and thoughts. Much thanks to all in advance.

Nicole

Did it last Feb, 2018. It was unseasonably warm, a high of 78-80 on our DC day, and it was great! The grand reef and dolphin pools are a bit cooler, but the lazy river was like bath water - so we just alternated. They have full wetsuits or just vests. The full wetsuits keep you pretty warm.

You can also get Feb dates dirt cheap (for DC). Keep an eye out around Black Friday for deals.

February can be variable in temperature. I was in the area 2 weeks in 2018 and it was above normal temps. In 2019 the last weekend in Feb it was 88º and we left the park to go back to the hotel to cool off. But that's not typical and we also had some cooler days. The snorkeling reef water is colder year-round. I would think as long as it was above 70º DC would be fine.

You do know the DC purchase also gives free admission to Sea World if you have more free time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!