Discovery Cove - footwear question

live4christp1

DIS Veteran
Son and soon to be daughter-in-law will be visiting on their honeymoon. First time at Discovery Cove. It’s been our experience at water parks that some type of water shoe is needed because the paths are very hot on the feet.

What does everyone recommend/prefer?

Ok to be barefoot? Water shoes? Water socks?
Thanks in advance.

in the summer the walkways DO get HOT so something for your feet is recommended for moving between areas. Water shoes/socks are allowed <presumably IN the water ... FAQ>. We're locals familiar with the heat .... we usually just have a pair of sandals or flipflops. There's always a chair around to leave them and your towel etc. Nice thing about DC is the place won't be packed to the gills . . . . But note: the sand alone can get very hot . . . .

Last edited:
in the summer the walkways DO get HOT so something for your feet is recommended for moving between areas. Water shoes/socks are allowed. We're locals familiar with the heat .... we usually just have a pair of sandals or flipflops. There's always a chair around to leave them and your towel etc. Nice thing about DC is the place won't be packed to the gills . . . . But note: the sand alone can get very hot . . . .
Thank you!!!!

100% water socks/shoes at Discovery Cove. I think they even sell them (we have bought in past there because they had nice ones) because they'll find very quickly that the snorkeling lagoon is "natural" in that the bottom is full of "coral" and rough areas. It be very easy to cut your foot in there.

We've also been there in warmer months and found the side walks can get hot.

Most of the time I just go barefoot. But sandals or flip-flops would be fine

If you wear flip flops make sure they don’t slip if side walks are wet. I wear flip flops and haven’t needed water socks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts