discover the magic..

onederland

Mouseketeer
discover the magic tour? has anyone ever done this tour, I have a 5 and 6 yr old that would be doing the tour also..thanks for any info:flower3:

We did it in January with our three kids (ages 4, 6 and 9). They all had a blast! We didn't have quite as much character interaction as we were hoping for, but my kids didn't seem to mind or notice.

FYI, this tour is not being offered while Tom Sawyer's Island is under construction.

What exactly is the Discover the Magic Tour?
Do tours like that and the 'Walk in Walt's Footsteps' have an extra admission fee?
I'm really interested in those behind-the-scenes/up close kind of experiences.

What exactly is the Discover the Magic Tour?

It's a tour designed for 5-10 year olds with a kind of scavenger hunt theme. You are given clues to go from one area of the park to the next.

Do tours like that and the 'Walk in Walt's Footsteps' have an extra admission fee?

Yes, they do. Although APs, AAA and Disney Visa card holders get discounts.

I'm really interested in those behind-the-scenes/up close kind of experiences.

Well then, here's a linky for you!

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/listing?name=DisneylandParkToursListingPage

We did this in April '06 with our then 5yo dd and 8yo ds and had a fantastic time. That trip was for our dd's 5th birthday and we saved the tour for our last full day at the parks and it was the highlight of our trip. **** SPOILER ALERT****We saw Peter Pan, Wendy, Snow White, Mary Poppins, the Penguin, Jessie, Woody, Jane and Mickey. We played follow the leader with Peter Pan down main street, acted like we were roller coasters across bridges, "argh" strangers while dressed up as pirates, went on a treasure hunt on Tom Sawyer's Island, and had lunch at Rancho Del Zocalo. It was fun for our kids as well as for dh and I. At the end of our tour, my kids were begging us to do it again. If you have a disney visa or aaa, I believe you also get a $10 discount per person.

We did this in April '06 with our then 5yo dd and 8yo ds and had a fantastic time. That trip was for our dd's 5th birthday and we saved the tour for our last full day at the parks and it was the highlight of our trip. **** SPOILER ALERT****We saw Peter Pan, Wendy, Snow White, Mary Poppins, the Penguin, Jessie, Woody, Jane and Mickey. We played follow the leader with Peter Pan down main street, acted like we were roller coasters across bridges, "argh" strangers while dressed up as pirates, went on a treasure hunt on Tom Sawyer's Island, and had lunch at Rancho Del Zocalo. It was fun for our kids as well as for dh and I. At the end of our tour, my kids were begging us to do it again. If you have a disney visa or aaa, I believe you also get a $10 discount per person.

Wow! You were much more fortunate than we were. We "looked" for all those characters (based on the clues), but only found Woody & Jessie and Mickey. :guilty:

Wow! You were much more fortunate than we were. We "looked" for all those characters (based on the clues), but only found Woody & Jessie and Mickey. :guilty:

Our tour guides were fantastic. We had 2, as soon as we got to a character, one would sneak off and come back after a few minutes. dh and i thought she was making sure the next characters were in place. I assumed they changed up the clues and characters depending who was out in the park at that given time. My kids really want to do it again but i'm not so sure if it's the same set of clues. i don't think my kids would care one way or another. Searching for pirate treasure in the new pirate's lair does sound intriguing though.

FYI, this tour is not being offered while Tom Sawyer's Island is under construction.

Really? :mad: We've been debating on taking this tour. I really want to, but its not cheap! I guess I dont need to think about it any more since its not an option. :lmao:

Really? :mad: We've been debating on taking this tour. I really want to, but its not cheap! I guess I dont need to think about it any more since its not an option. :lmao:

Linda, that's what I have read on the boards. I haven't called to confirm it myself. It might be worth a call . . . .

I called a couple weeks ago about it. The CM didn't mention a specific reason, but she did confirm that they are NOT doing the tour the week we are there (April 8 - 14th). That would make sense though, if they usually include a scavenger hunt on TSI in the tour.

Needless to say, I was disappointed they weren't going to be available....

Called- confirmed, no Discover tour until mid June because of the work on the island. Guess thats a couple hundred dollars I dont have to spend this time around! LOL

Once again I learn something new from the experts on DIS:thumbsup2 . I always thought the tours were geered more towards people visiting the first time. I'm really going to have to save my money now. Sounds like my kids will love the tour!

Thanks for all the great info!!!:banana:

What can anyone tell me about the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour?

Oh, and would it be best to do the Discover the Magic tour on a weekday or a weekend? My instinct would be to do it on a Sat or Sun, since more characters would probably be available, but would larger crowds throught the park be a problem?

Once again I learn something new from the experts on DIS:thumbsup2 . I always thought the tours were geered more towards people visiting the first time. I'm really going to have to save my money now. Sounds like my kids will love the tour!

Thanks for all the great info!!!:banana:

What can anyone tell me about the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour?

Oh, and would it be best to do the Discover the Magic tour on a weekday or a weekend? My instinct would be to do it on a Sat or Sun, since more characters would probably be available, but would larger crowds throught the park be a problem?

It's usually only offered on weekends during non-peak times. They probably offer it more often during peak periods. The DtM tour starts at 10:30 am and includes lunch. I would recommend doing the tour when the park is busy, because then you aren't standing in lines with throngs of people, you are on your own (semi)private tour! :thumbsup2

It's usually only offered on weekends during non-peak times. They probably offer it more often during peak periods. The DtM tour starts at 10:30 am and includes lunch. I would recommend doing the tour when the park is busy, because then you aren't standing in lines with throngs of people, you are on your own (semi)private tour! :thumbsup2

Thanks!! Great idea! I can't wait to do this. Wish I was going sooner!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter