Discounts for resorts you already booked

Denise K W

Earning My Ears
Hey All!
So we are going to our 3rd WDW trip again this summer. Found out that there is a Summer Room offer now and we booked out trip back in Jan 2017. I was told when I booked my package in Jan to keep checking back for discounts if you see one to call back to Disney so the agent canapply the discount. I was on hold for over an hour last night and the lady was helpful but she said that she cannot apply the discount. It says any booking through July 14.The valid dates is May 28-August 31 2017. We are traveling on June 29-July 4. I think that we should get this discount and this happen to us again last year. I like to book early because of the fact of the flights and also on the hotel room. I didnt want to loose the room on the hotel we wanted. Since we like the moderate resorts now. I do think Disney needs to let people know that even though you book it early you will not be able to apply the discount. Since this is the second time this has happen? Anyone else happen to ? But it does not state anywhere booking date

Attachments

• wdw.PNG
    wdw.PNG
    41.6 KB · Views: 20
I'm new to all of this, but I understand that there are limited rooms available for the discounts, especially in the moderate category. And I think they can't be combined with any other discount. I'm sure someone with better knowledge will be able to clarify for you. Hope you have a great stay!

It is right in the link you posted under important details OP. "The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited". Booking a room at rack rate only gets you that room at rack rate. It never guarantees you a discount later. I don't know what room type or resort you have booked. But there is construction going on at Coronado Springs & Carribean Beach starting May 1. At CBR lots of buildings are being taken out service so many rooms are being lost. People have been moving from those resorts for weeks with many of them moving to other moderates.

Whenever any discount comes out, it is only applied to resorts & room types Disney has allotted. Certain resorts or room types may be available for some dates but not others. You often need to be flexible with your resort, room type or dates to take advantage of the discount. Sorry you weren't aware of that, but that is how it has always worked. You can call or check online for what is available for your dates. You may find a resort or room type that will work for you. You may find some of your dates available with the discount. And other people are always changing their reservations, so keep checking. What is not available today may become available in the future.

Last edited:
Discounts are not broad - meaning not every room or every resort will have the ability to use the discount. They are used to fill empty rooms. So let's say they looked at your resort POR, which is very popular especially since SO MANY moved from CBR to there recently, and see that this summer during your dates they are at 75% occupancy. At that point they decide they will only add 3% of the rooms for this discount. That means only 61 rooms and they may be all in one category or split among categories. By time you call none of those rooms are available. It's not like they just add the discount to your room you booked. There has to be a room available in the discount category.

It's why we tell folks not to book a room if they won't go without Free Dining. The rooms already booked actually reduce the number of rooms offered for discounts, especially FD, so hurt your chances of getting one.

I see you are staying at Port Orleans Riverside June 29-July 4th. The summer discount is available for a King room and Royal Guest Room-Garden view according to Disney's website.

If you would be willing to switch to one of those rooms you can get the discount. If that's not an option, unfortunately no other room categories at your resort are available.

That resort in particular tends to have less availability when discounts come out, because it is popular and they don't need to discount the rooms to get them booked.

Well i called them again yesterday and they were able to give me the discount finally i know it is only saving 47.00 dollars but hey 47.00 dollars is 47.00 dollars right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter