Discounts for february 2014

liltoot

DIS Veteran
Hi, I know its a long time from now but I would like to know when I could expect to be hearing about discounts for February during low season. I need to plan ahead. TIA

Discounts came out a bit later this year than previous years. I booked my past 2 trips and upcoming trip (Jan 2011, Feb 2012, and Feb 2013) in the beginning of August every year. When booking for Jan 2011 and Feb 2012, the discounts were available at the time I originally booked in August. The Feb 2013 discounts were still not released when my 180 day mark came up for ADR's. I ended up booking my trip in beginning to mid-August 2012 for February 2013 at full price so I could make my ADRs. The discounts for Jan and Feb 2013 did not come out this year until about a week into October - not exactly sure of the data but I believe it was around Oct 8th or 10th. I have a Disney Visa so I got to call and take advantage of the offer a few days early. They applied a coupon code to my existing reservation and it was very easy. The discounts for Jan and Feb 2013 were made available to the general public around October 13. And not to fear, I am already thinking about my strategy for my next trip too! Never too early to start planning!

Update: I pulled out my paperwork. I got the discount for my February 2013 trip on October 5. This was a Disney Visa offer which I took advantage of when the offer was released. The same offer was then made to the general public a few days later. They had both a package offer and a room only offer available as options.

It's never too early to plan, we usually know when we'll return before we leave even if it's years off. We too are going Feb 2014 and we need a discount! Last 2 trips we've had free dining- one in Feb and one in Aug. that is what we need. We seem to save more that way then on a room discount.

I am hoping to have a discount in place by Aug-180 days but either way we are going and can apply a discount once it pops u. We've had to do that in the past as well for a Feb. trip and it was easy to correct and any money saved is well money saved!

I ended up booking my trip in beginning to mid-August 2012 for February 2013 at full price so I could make my ADRs.

I thought you could make ADR's without a resort reservation. I mean, if I was staying off-site I wouldn't book anything through Disney and I can still make ADR's, right?

Yes, you can make dining reservations even if you haven't booked your trip yet. Just be aware that you will be charged for the CRT if you don't have a Dining plan, and there are some dining reservations that require a credit card hold. If you do decide you can't go, don't forget to cancel the dining reservations!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter