Discounts/Codes for SESAME PLACE??

tinkerbeth

Goin' back soon!!
Does anyone know of any place where I could find discounts or codes for Sesame Place in PA? I'd like to go there and after learning how much I can save on a WDW vacation compared to their on-line quote, I have to think there's likely a way to get a cheaper vacation than the sesame place site too! :) Aren't the Disboards great?

Beth :)

I just spoke to someone at my local AAA the other day,,they have discount tickets for sale right there...dont remember how much, but VERY expensive for what you get (have you ever been there???)

Sorry, dont mean to post again, but I live only a few hours from Sesame place, and it is really not that great. Mostly a water park for little kids, enough for maybe a day. If you are interested in beautiful PA, please allow me to tell you about Knoebel's grove (I think this is the only free admission/free parking amusement park left in the USA) it is awesome, and inexpensive. even the food is cheap, and was rated "Best park Food 2004"for the whole state of PA.. (lots of stuff for big and little kids too) www.knoebels.com
They also have camping there and cabins to rent. If you are looking to come our way for vacation, say the word and I will share some info on lancaster County...
BTW, we are leaving for Ontario in three weeks!!

We're only 20-25 minutes from Sesame Place and we love it! The season passes were only $90 per person. My kids are young, 3, 5 and 6 and they would to every day if we could.

that is definately a good deal for a season pass. We went, and paid 38.95 plus tax for each person in our party for one day. no discounts for children, except under 2 was free...

We've been interested in Sesame Place. Knoebels sounds good too. Put it on favorites. :) Thanks for the information, beaglebiz!

HotwiresSavingsClub has the tix for 35.75- child or adult.
I want to go to Sesame Place for my little one- would my 7&8 year old be entertained?

There is plenty for 7-8 year old range. Actually even 11-12 year olds have a ball. It's not just for little kids, although they have a lot for both.

My entertainment book has a coupon, $5 off, for up to 6 people, not good on weekends 7/5-8/31. I can mail it to you if you want it.

Not from what I looks like. Here's what I found on their website.

2004 Elmo's Passport - 2 Days of Fun for the Price of 1

Provides 2 days of Fun for the price of 1! Valid any day during the 2004 operating season.
Ages 2 & Up $38.95

Happy planning!

:bounce:

I see you will be traveling pretty far to get there lol
I'm also about 20 min away, it is a pretty small park mostly water rides I have a 4 year old (she'll be 4 on the 4th of July), a 6 yr old son, and a 12 and 11 yr old. We do go about once a year the younger kids love it, the older ones well they say they don't care if they go but the have a ball too. I would be pretty disappointed if I traveled that far just to go to Sesame Place. It is not that big, mostly water, one small roller coaster, I would say for the younger crowd (under 8) If you don't want to get wet, don't go. not much else. I also worked there in high school. Food is VERY expensive, and not that great, so you might want to pack a lunch if you go. It is right next to a mall wich does have a Disney Store in it LOL. They do have a buy one day get another day free deal but I think you can't use it on a weekend and there may be something else I can't remember like you have use it after August (Can anyone verify this)
Sometimes one of the fast food places around here has coupons you can use.
If you do go Have a ball, depending on the ages of the children and how "into" Sesame they are, you'll have fun. My DD LOVES Elmo I think I may have pictures from there at ofoto or somewhere i see if I can get them to show you

Fran

We might be going in August

Hi,

We went to Sesame Place during "Operation Salute." It was free. We paid for room, gas and food and that adds up. I don't think I would have gone for one day there if we had to pay for the tickets. If I did it again I would have several other places to visit and make it a vacation. My twin 3 year olds loved it. It was during Halloween and they got to dress up and trick or treat through the park. My older twin boys, 7, had fun too. It was very cool and none of the water attraction were open, which makes there even less to do. I thought the shows were top notch. If you went to see Sesame in concert you would spend at least half the ticket price to the park. Great shows.

perhaps one the the best kept secrets in the country:D This place has it all. Free admission, free parking, cheap and YUMMY food, a top nitch haunted house, awesome coasters. Just a "feel good park".

Sesame Place is okay. Very expensive. Our kids do like it, but it is small for what you pay. And if you don't like water parks, you're done for. Also, it gets SO crowded it the summer. It doesn't handle crowds very well.

Try it (Sesame Place). You may like it. Like I said, it is small, so while you are down this way, try Knoebel's! Oh, and Hershey Park too!

Hentob

work in willow grove just around the corner and would still not go, it's very small sort of in a parking lot...remember you cannot touch the characters, is not like Disney..my 5 dd went to touch Big Bird and they said it would ruin his feathers...very disappointed..love knobles but would suggest Hersheypark.. lots to do inside and out..hotels on site chocolate tour with free candy at the end, little zoo...we actually stay right outside the park for about $50.00...love this place.....

Thanks for all the replies. I think, based on what I've read, we'll give it a miss this summer. it is about a 10 hour trip from here, and we would have to stay at least 4 nights to get 2 days in the park...plus if it's busy...I think I can find a better way to spend a thousand bucks. ;) We're doing Niagara falls a couple of times and an overnight in Toronto this summer plus our big Disney trip, so our son will have more than enough to forget about by the time he's 5. (He's 2 now. )

Thanks for all the advice!

Beth :bounce:

Another thumbs down for Sesame Place. We are about an hour away...we went once. Very expensive, and to me, just a bunch of concrete and steel, with water rides thrown in there. Not a pretty park. It's in the middle of lots of traffic, very urban area. I was pretty disappointed. The shows were good, I'll give it that!

A big THUMBS UP for Knoebels....we love it there! The food is EXCELLENT and reasonably priced. The rides are reminiscent of the ones I rode when I was a kid. It's a hike from us, about 2 hours, but well worth it and we go every year. We went last year and spent $40 on food and ride tickets for my dh and I and our 2 kids, ages 8 and 4 at the time. You can't beat that with a stick!!!

Another big THUMBS UP for HersheyPark. Although expensive, it's a beautiful park!! Chocolate World is free, and we often go down to Hershey just for that at all times of the year! (My dh's grandmother lives in Hershey, so we visit pretty often) It's also fun to visit HersheyPark at Christmas for CandyLane. Cold, but fun!! The lights are really nice and they do have some rides open.

We live about 10 minutes from Dorney Park and NEVER EVER go there....can't stand that park!! Dirty, expensive....clientle is "interesting"....I'd rather travel the 2 hours to Knoebels!!!:p

Another waste of time, IMHO, is the Crayola Factory, incase anyone was thinking about visiting. Takes up 1/2 day, max. Very small, not much to do but a few arts and crafts. Unless you tie it in with other trips, not worth it just for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter