Discount tips for Cirque du Soleil catagory 1 tickets?

DisneyBill

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
DVC Silver
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Anyone have where to buy suggestions for a catagory 1 ticket for Cirque du Soleil and not pay full ticket price?

Well, I'm not sure about the show in Florida but we just caught the travelling show (Varekai) in Boston. I joined their web site's club and they send me updates and discount emails all the time. Worth a try - just go to their website and check it out.

Originally posted by Lisa loves Pooh
What is a category 1 ticket?

It is a designation given to specific seating areas within the theatre. Mostly closest to the stage.

I'm not at all convinced that Cat 1 seats are better (especially for the money) If you haven't seen the show in DTD, I'd recommend buying Cat 2 tickets. Cheaper and frankly I think that being slightly higher (in the Cat 2 seats) may be better as so much of the action is above the ground. There really didn't seem to be a bad seat in the house, other than those on the upper decks far sides (and I think those are the ones only sold at the box office).

Oh--okay--

We must have had Cat 1 tickets when we booked (though that was almost 5 years ago, and hubby didn't mention anything about less expensive seats). We were 2nd row and it was actually pretty cool.

I agree, any section is probably okay--but I like detail and seeing things up close. Though it was difficult in Cat 1 to see the beginning of the show (not sure if people know how it begins and don't want to be responsible for spoiling it).

:)

The only discounts I have seen are buy one get one half or free deals and those have been for either FLa residents or just show up and get them (I don't recall where I have seen them, so please forgive me--I'm not even sure if it was available only for a certain category).

Do best what your budget can afford--if you are the type of person who likes to sit on the 50 yard line first section at a football game, front row at any stage show or concert, or front row tix to a b'ball game--then you probably will not be disappointed with choosing the 1st section.

I haven't sat in the 2nd section so cannot compare the two adequately to say one is better than the other.

In the past--the sooner you book, the better your seats.

We have never been to Cirque, and booked Cat 1 and got sec 301, 1st row, seat 1 and 2

Hope we can see all the air stuff from there, without getting neck aches. lol

Anyone been that close that can comment?

Well, I was pregnant and 2nd row somewhere (don't remember the section)--I do not recall any neck aches or other discomfort (other than that wretched morning sickness). I have neck problems allready--and I somehow was able to position myself to watch the show with no problems. I do not recall if the seats have a recline in them or not.

Ordinarily I wouldn't worry about a few bucks, but I need 16 tickets spread over 3 different nights. We've been before and loved the category 1 sections.

Originally posted by Shani
front row

Actually we were in the second row, middle stage. (don't recall the section #) I don't think there is a bad seat in the place, but I can't imagine a better one than where we were.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter