Discount room rate with Child's AP?

swilphil

Feels trapped in a Brady Bunch episode at the Poly
I was just able to get the AP rate of $199 applied to our Contemporary reservation, but the CM told me the AP had to be an adult's AP and not a child's AP. Has anybody recently been able to check into the Contemporary recently with a child's AP? I was planning on buying a child's AP and 10 day MYW no expire tickets for DH and me.
We aren't leaving until March so I have a little while until I have to buy our tickets. Should I call CRO back and talk to another CM to see if they say I can use a Child's AP? Or is this a new rule about not using a Child's AP to get the AP rate?

I think the official rule is that a room has to be reserved by the AP holder and you must be an adult to have a room reservation. That being said, I am sure that some CMs let it slide. I'd hate to check in and be told that I have to pay rack rate since I only had a childs AP!

I asked the CM if I had to be an AP holder since the room is in my name, but he said it just had to somebody in our room, then he said it had to be an adult when I asked about that.

You should have to have a adult pass. If you don't have a adult AP then you are not entitled to a AP discount. A Adult pass is only $63 more than a childs pass. Plus this year if you but the adult pass for an extra $50 you can join the dining program which will give you 20% off your meals.

If you don't have a adult AP then you are not entitled to a AP discount.

I believe you are mistaken. Ask to speak to their supervisor to get the official rule. You can use a child's AP to rent up to 3 rooms. The child has to be in one of the rooms. Child's AP get the same benfits.

Yes, I think I will go ahead and get the Adult AP since we are interested in the Disney Dining Experience and you must be an adult to get that. I'm not trying to get around the rules, but I thought I read previously that it was allowed to book a room with a child's AP.

Now the question is: do I buy the whole family APs or just me? We originally planning on buying one AP and two 10 day no expire MYW tickets, as we aren't sure that we will be able to make our second trip within one year.

disneyag said:
I think the official rule is that a room has to be reserved by the AP holder and you must be an adult to have a room reservation. That being said, I am sure that some CMs let it slide. I'd hate to check in and be told that I have to pay rack rate since I only had a childs AP!

This is correct. CMs have told me that if you check in and they ask to see your AP and your produce a child's AP, you will be charged rack rate.

The Disney Dining Experience is for Florida Residents only.
but the AP does give some great dining discounts.

Cheryl

cherylp3 said:
The Disney Dining Experience is for Florida Residents only.
but the AP does give some great dining discounts.

Cheryl

Not anymore, the 2005 AP benefits just came out and it is listed where AP holders can now purchase this for $50. :)

You only need to buy one adult AP if thats what benefits you. This time DW will be getting a AP as she will be going back for a medical convention. I'll just be a second class citizen with a 4 day park hopper . :charac2:

I had the same question. The CM at CRO told me to buy the adult AP to get the room discount, not a child's AP. When I called POR, the front desk AND the front desk manager told me that a child's AP will get me the AP discount. I got their names so I can have a point of reference if there is a dispute when we check in.

Bottom line here is that there is inconsistent information.

At this point, I'm just thinking of buying the adult AP so there'd be no hassles/worries about this.

c&m said:
I had the same question. The CM at CRO told me to buy the adult AP to get the room discount, not a child's AP. When I called POR, the front desk AND the front desk manager told me that a child's AP will get me the AP discount. I got their names so I can have a point of reference if there is a dispute when we check in.

Bottom line here is that there is inconsistent information.

At this point, I'm just thinking of buying the adult AP so there'd be no hassles/worries about this.

The more I think about it, the more I think that it's worth the extra $63 not to have to worry about whether the rules change before I get there.

swilphil said:
The more I think about it, the more I think that it's worth the extra $63 not to have to worry about whether the rules change before I get there.

Or, you can just write to Disney Guest Services. That was where I got my info. They wrote back within a week and did a follow up phone call. Why spend the $63 if you don't need to? You'll have their letter in your hand when you check in.

I booked the Poly for last October using my DD's child AP. When calling CRO I specifically asked if it was okay and she said it was fine. The child's AP has the same sleeve with benefits listed as the adults. Since all persons staying in the room have to be listed on the room reservation that took care of having DD's name on it too. I have since called and asked 3 more times after booking it initially and was told by 3 different CMs that using a child's AP is just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter