Discount Code Question

bluebeauty18

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone!:wave2: I have a question (and I know it will probably sound stupid lol) but I was just wondering if there is any discount code that you can use while still getting the free dining? I am trying my hardest to figure out a way to get down to the world in December! And any help would be appreciated! :thumbsup2 Thanks! :)

:welcome:

Welcome to the DisBoards! :goodvibes
First of all there is absolutely NO such thing as a stupid question here! lol!
To answer your question, unfortunately you cannot combine discounts on a Disney package. If you have Free Dining you cannot add any other discount.
Hope that helps you! And please feel free to ask any and all questions! :flower3:

This is the info on the main page- but which code is correct for the "Disney Dining Plan" (not deluxe) for a moderate resort?

Moderate, Deluxe, or Villa Resorts - Basic Dining Plan is free and you can upgrade to Deluxe Dining at an additional cost.

GYB - Magic Your Way PLUS Dining Option
FPW - Magic Your Way PLUS Dining Option

GCB - Magic Your Way PLUS Dining and Wine Option
UIN - Magic Your Way PLUS Deluxe Dine and Wine Option

The language used for the GYB abd FPW is the same?
TIA
:flower3:

Free dining isn't free. Get the room discount and plan your meals carefully. You can have a great time and eat really well if you plan right. I've done this for years and have never done free dining. Plus the crowd levels during free dining is murder. I'm going in 2 weeks right in the middle of a dining offer.:crowded:

Free dining isnt free? How so? You dont get the dining plan without paying for it? How bout this... 30% off is not really 30% off because I have to pay full price for tickets and dining, its just a scam by Disney

Free dining isn't free. Get the room discount and plan your meals carefully. You can have a great time and eat really well if you plan right. I've done this for years and have never done free dining. Plus the crowd levels during free dining is murder. I'm going in 2 weeks right in the middle of a dining offer.:crowded:

Free dining isnt free? How so? You dont get the dining plan without paying for it? How bout this... 30% off is not really 30% off because I have to pay full price for tickets and dining, its just a scam by Disney

Maybe raven69david is referring to the fact that since you'll still have to pay OOP for an appetizer and the tip, it's not exactly free? Kinda makes sense...

I'd prefer a package discount myself, since it woild save us more at the GF.

:sunny:

It's not exactly free because you have to pay rack rate for the room. If you have another type of discount on the room, you're "paying" for dining by losing that discount.

For example, I had a AAA discount rate at a moderate for $119. To get free dining, I had to change my reservation to rack rate of $149. So "free dining" for me would cost $30/day. It may be a good deal, depending on your family, but it's not "free."

Free dining isn't free because...

• There is a room only discount available at the same time (currently 35% off) that might save you more than what you would pay for out of pocket dining
  • You have to pay rack rate for the room and full price for the tickets (instead of from a discount ticket broker)
  • You still have to pay for tip out of pocket, and things not covered by the dining plan (adult beverages, appetizers, etc).

I always like to remind people that what you save on free dining is what you would pay for out of pocket dining (not the cost of the dining plan)--which could be more or less depending on where you eat and how you use your credits AND then with free dining you have to add back the extra costs for the room and tickets.

Well I had free dining but I had to drop it because I got a 40% room discount which isnt really 40% off because Im paying for dining.

Free dining= pay for room + pay for tickets + dont pay for dining

How is that hard to follow. You cant say well its not free if you already had a discount. How about this. I was planning to stay at the Ho Jo 20 miles from disney for $20 a night but I saw an offer for $100 room a night plus a 30% discount. But its not a deal because Im paying $50 more a night then the Ho Jo! Its a scam!!!!

Well I had free dining but I had to drop it because I got a 40% room discount which isnt really 40% off because Im paying for dining.

How is that hard to follow. You cant say well its not free if you already had a discount. How about this. I was planning to stay at the Ho Jo 20 miles from disney for $20 a night but I saw an offer for $100 room a night plus a 30% discount. But its not a deal because Im paying $50 more a night then the Ho Jo! Its a scam!!!!

No one said you had to take the 40% code instead of dining. You made the choice that was better for you. No one ever said the 40% off was on your entire package. It is a room discount. You do not have to pay for tickets or dining to get it. You can choose to add things on. And in doing so you are choosing to accept the idea that it is 40% off your room price and you must decide how that difference effects your total cost and what that actually saves you in the end. Disney didn't used to do that. Room discounts used to be for rooms, not to be able to be applied in package purchases. You used to not even be able to add dining (notice I did not say free dining, I'm talking about dining you pay full price for) to a package that had any kind of a discount to it, since dining was consider a discount.

I have always taught my kids you aren't saving if you wouldn't have paid the full price to begin with. I get a big kick out of how the grocery stores try to tell me that I have saved so much money. For example: I try never to pay more than $3.50 for a 12 pack of soda. I try to stay $3 or under. Once in a great while it will run as much as $4. The grocery store lists a regular price of 5.49 then puts it on sale for $4 and tries to tell me I've saved $1.49. That isn't true. I have saved nothing and as a matter of fact have chosen to pay more than normal for my drinks. Another example is the boxes of individual servings of cookies. I will only buy them if they are BOGO 'free', and preferablly with a coupon on top of that. They try to tell me I have saved $3 for the BOGO sale. However that is no savings. I would not have bought them at all if they hadn't been that price. Things in all markets are overpriced so that they can be put on sale for a normal price.

If your plans were to spend for $20, and you end up paying $100, no you have not saved anything. And no it isn't a scam or anything of that nature. You have chosen to spend more than you would have for something more desirable. If you are getting so called free dining, you have to balance that with what you would have spent had you not gotten the 'free' dining plan. The 'savings' they advertise is based on you actually having purchased the dining plan. You have to compare the price of what you were going to spend with what you are actually paying for something. If it costs $100 more to get something, then what ever extra's are included in that cost are not free. They cost $100. Now with dining you also have to figure in what you would have spent anyway on food. But hopefully you can see that it is you choosing to buy this or that, not Disney trying to 'rip you off'.

Originally Posted by mbanks21

Another thing I wanted to add. The customers have created this scam, not the sellers. We are the ones who are always demanding deals, discounts, something for 'free'. This is the only way that what we are demanding can work out well for the sellers. Make things more expensive so the public can be happy for the deals they get. The customers demand for deals. We hear the word deal and go running to have it. If there isn't the word deal attatched we wouldn't pay for it otherwise. The customers blindly follow that word deal regardless. I don't know if this is done everywhere but this weekend was tax-free weekend for everything that could possibly be considered school supplies. The stores are so packed it can rival some christmas sales. However there are fewer sales from the stores. And sales tax is one of the smallest sale prices I have seen. I was showing my daughter the other day how we spent 40 cents and paid tax on it. But if we came in during no tax, those products at full price would have cost $4. If the customers weren't demanding to be fed a 'deal' this wouldn't be happening.

I think you may have misunderstood my point. It's that when people hear "free" they stop thinking critically.

I read a lot of posts saying, "I wouldn't pay for the DDP, but since it's free . . ." Or, "I don't need to worry about getting my money's worth, since it's free . . ." They don't notice that there is a cost for the "free." Unless you were going to pay rack rate for the room anyway, and were going to buy at least a 1 day base ticket for everyone in the room anyway, the "free" dining isn't "free."

That doesn't mean that it may not be a good deal; for your family it may work out very well. But you shouldn't be blinded by the word "free." For most people, it's not, particularly when there are other discounts available to the general public.

Jeeesh! Did this thread a take turn! :eek:

OP: I promise not every post will turn this "heated". ;) I hope we were able to answer your original question and not scare:scared1: you.
:)

I think you may have misunderstood my point. It's that when people hear "free" they stop thinking critically.

I read a lot of posts saying, "I wouldn't pay for the DDP, but since it's free . . ." Or, "I don't need to worry about getting my money's worth, since it's free . . ." They don't notice that there is a cost for the "free." Unless you were going to pay rack rate for the room anyway, and were going to buy at least a 1 day base ticket for everyone in the room anyway, the "free" dining isn't "free."

That doesn't mean that it may not be a good deal; for your family it may work out very well. But you shouldn't be blinded by the word "free." For most people, it's not, particularly when there are other discounts available to the general public.

Excellent explanation!

This is an excerpt from another one of my posts in another thread regarding FD:

I'm getting AKL for $129.00 a night vs paying rack rate of $240.00 (with free dining) a night which is a $111.00 savings per night. In addition I would have to buy a 1 day MYW ticket at $79.00 for each person in my party. So for my family, free dining is not a good deal - for others, it may be.

So, for 6 nights i'm paying $774.00. Plus another $250 to $350 OOP in dining which would come out to $1024 - $1124.

For 6 night with free dining I'd have to pay $1440.00 plus another $240.00 for three 1 day MYW tickets which comes out to $1680.00

The bottom line: $1124.00 with me buying my own meals OR $1680.00 WITH free dining. Which would you prefer?:teacher:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter