Disboutiquers Part 8 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got our test results back today in Algebra.. I got an A!!:banana: :banana: :banana: I bought myself a chocolate cake to celebrate. I had the bakery put an A on it:rotfl: What a dork!!!
...t.

:cheer2: YEAH!!!!

th_2008_0922cameranew0039.jpg
th_2008_0922cameranew0044.jpg

th_2008_0922cameranew0042.jpg
th_2008_0922cameranew0041.jpg

Nice! Now you have me thinking I need to get more of that Mickey head fabric so I can make me something to match the girls.

I am working on my DD Jane Banks Dress for our breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. Here is what I am basing this on.
Jane.jpg

Here is what I have so far.
Sept_083.jpg

This is the material I am using for the Sash.
Sept_084.jpg

I am thinking of taking the sash material to basically make a double folded bias to trim the skirt, sleves and neckline. I would do this before inserting the elastic to make the neck and sleeves. Do you think this would look okay?

And just because it entertained me when I was finished last night. I have a hard time doing a gather, so I tend to do small fold when "gathering", so this is the skirt and bodice before I sewed it together last night.
Sept_081.jpg

I also wanted to post the tote bag I finished for DD. This will be her airplane bag to hold her toys and treats for the flight.
Sept_087.jpg
( I did the handles right this time)

And this is her skirt for Epcot. Nothing fancy, but it works.
Sept_089.jpg

I am working on my DD Jane Banks Dress for our breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. Here is what I am basing this on.
Jane.jpg

Here is what I have so far.
th_Sept_083.jpg

This is the material I am using for the Sash.
th_Sept_084.jpg

I am thinking of taking the sash material to basically make a double folded bias to trim the skirt, sleves and neckline. I would do this before inserting the elastic to make the neck and sleeves. Do you think this would look okay?

And just because it entertained me when I was finished last night. I have a hard time doing a gather, so I tend to do small fold when "gathering", so this is the skirt and bodice before I sewed it together last night.
th_Sept_081.jpg

I also wanted to post the tote bag I finished for DD. This will be her airplane bag to hold her toys and treats for the flight.
th_Sept_087.jpg
( I did the handles right this time)

And this is her skirt for Epcot. Nothing fancy, but it works.
th_Sept_089.jpg
Love everything!

Tat white fabric is so pretty!

Here is some stuff I just finished.
Nikki's halloween skirt. I haven't had a chance to get her to model it.
IMG_4656.jpg
close up of the fabric
IMG_4657.jpg

My niece's LE dress
IMG_4653.jpg
IMG_4654.jpg

Nikki at cheer Sat hamming it up.
IMG_4652-1.jpg

I kind of figured it would take awhile but I was hoping I was wrong. My biggest issue is her teacher is not being proactive and trying to find out the way to keep her safe and healthy in the mean time!!!!!!! UGh every time I think about it I get so mad and want to scream! I sent the teacher and email on friday asking her to call me and I am still waiting to hear from her I also asked the principal t have her call me and NOTHING!

Oh, you might need to park it in the office and demand to speak to someone. I had to do that when the kids' bus was an hour late every day and when I called they said they wouldn't do anything about it until they got the "10 day counts" in. I marched down there and sat until someone would talk to me!

Don't give up!

It's looking great so far! I think the bias idea sounds great: I hope it looks as great as I am imagining it!

Glad you got the handles on right this time! :lmao: So something I would do!

My little peanut is home sick today so I am getting some sewing done. She is the worst kind of sick, just a little fever and a cold so she wants to do lots of messy art projects instead of just lying around! I am hoping she will be better for school tomorrow.

This is for Logan (for the big give):

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

Sorry no butt shot for Miss Cammie, but Megan wanted me to include this one for you:

IMG_0797.jpg

I cheated and drew on his face with fabric marker, but I was just so scared of messing it up. I am hoping it looks ok. Megan said she wants one with a pink shirt with piglet on it, so I must have done something right!

Oh, you might need to park it in the office and demand to speak to someone. I had to do that when the kids' bus was an hour late every day and when I called they said they wouldn't do anything about it until they got the "10 day counts" in. I marched down there and sat until someone would talk to me!

Don't give up!

It's looking great so far! I think the bias idea sounds great: I hope it looks as great as I am imagining it!

Glad you got the handles on right this time! :lmao: So something I would do!

My little peanut is home sick today so I am getting some sewing done. She is the worst kind of sick, just a little fever and a cold so she wants to do lots of messy art projects instead of just lying around! I am hoping she will be better for school tomorrow.

th_IMG_0795.jpg

th_IMG_0796.jpg

Sorry no butt shot for Miss Cammie, but Megan wanted me to include this one for you:

th_IMG_0797.jpg

I cheated and drew on his face with fabric marker, but I was just so scared of messing it up. I am hoping it looks ok. Megan said she wants one with a pink shirt with piglet on it, so I must have done something right!
Sorry Megan is sick. I hope she eels better!
Love the outfit! scrappy is so cute too!

Trust me I will park it if need be! I am trying to fallow the rule and wait until we have out meeting next monday. We will see!

IMG_0797.jpg

Ok? Of course it looks okay! It looks wonderful!!!:thumbsup2 If I could do something even half as nice I'd be happy. Nice job, very cute.:goodvibes

Here is some stuff I just finished.
Nikki's halloween skirt. I haven't had a chance to get her to model it.
IMG_4656.jpg
]

WHERE did you get this hello Kitty fabric?? I LOVE it it is different than the one I have, I did pick the same stripes to go w/ it though.

...t.

:cool1: Go T!!!! GReat job...I envy you! At no point in my college career...however brief...could I say I got an A in algebra on anything! GREAT JOB!!!! You put that on the fridge yet? I would!

th_IMG_0795.jpg

Sorry you got a sicky at home...hope she feels better!

The outfit looks cute! Great job!

bright mickey heads top
th_2008_0922cameranew0044.jpg

They all look so great!!!!

Is that a someone I see playing hide n seek?

5 Days!!! Are you ready...silly question I know!!!! :lmao:

Oh my goodness girls, I have away forever!!!! I so miss seeing all your creations and will have to try and catch up!!

We've had some family drama lately, but hopefully it will settle down soon.

But I am SO excited, because we leave for Disney World on SATURDAY!!!!!!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I only have one more outfit left to make too. I still have bows and jewelry to make and shoes to embellish, but probably won't get all that finished. But at least I tried. It's a good thing we postponed our trip 2 weeks, or we would have been a few outfits short! ;)

We need this vacation so badly, I just can't wait to go.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi to everyone! :hug:

Renae

No I didn't but I think I will....Thanks Kim!

I should be doing homework or house work or work work....something.

Here is my list for outfits for Lily for our upcoming trip. I know I posted it before but it is seeming boring to me. Maybe b/c I look at ya'lls awesome stuff all the time.

AK: Khaki bowling shirt and capri pants w/ animal print mickey heads and minnie dot trim. Think Steve Irwin disneyfied

DHS: Toy story simply sweet halter top and capris. Heathersue just finished appliqueing Rex and hamm on the fabric for me. Rex will be on the bodice and Hamm on one of the legs.

MK: Minnie patchwork twirl and button minnie head shirt a la mytwotinks who graciously agreed to let me CASE her.

EPCOT: Blue friends around the world Faith double layer top w/ mini minnie dot straps and capris pants.

It seems redundant w/ the easy fit capris BUT it will be warm and I'm not a big shorts fan...and I like long tops so then if you use shorts it looks like you have no pants on:laughing:

I MAY if I have time try to squeeze in a CASE of tom and jeanne's BELLE dress too.

OH and then I have to make Lily's copy of minnie's witch costume. That'll be fun!!!:thumbsup2

So does that sound boring to the rest of you?? I have some very helpful mice working on bows and jewelery to jazz things up;

WHERE did you get this hello Kitty fabric?? I LOVE it it is different than the one I have, I did pick the same stripes to go w/ it though.

...t.
I think I got it at Hancock fabric... It MAY have been Joann's. That day I actually went to both stores because both kids were at school and I could shop in peace!!!!!:banana:

I can't wait to see all the outfits!
Right now I am making my nephew his easy fit pants. I think they will be huge on him but he can grow into them right?!?!?!?
I may try to make him a tshirt I just need to head to the fabric store tomorrow and see what they have. I am itching to try my pattern for it. I think it is a Carla pattern!

Is that a someone I see playing hide n seek?

5 Days!!! Are you ready...silly question I know!!!! :lmao:

Every pic I tried to take of Ashley, Sara Beth was sneaking into it...and I had to crop her out because she was only in her panties! Crazy child.

I am not read :scared1: I have some things piled to pack up and some lists, but I am nowhere ready as I usually am...but I am very excited!

Ladies,

You are all so talented! I have been lurking for a while and have really enjoyed all your creations. I am inspired! I have 2 questions: 1) How do you make that cute swingy skirt with the vertical pieces? Is there a pattern or do you make your own pattern? 2) Who makes the matching bows? I have seen some pictures and they are adorable!

Okay, that was actually 3 questions, but hopefully you can steer me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Stripwork skirts are easy to figure out. You won't need a pattern so much as a formula. We have lots of free patterns in the bookmarks on page one and they are nicely categorized (thanks Teresa and Heather!) if you go to skirts and click on stripwork skirts then you will get a few ideas. Here is a link to one of the tutorials by Tadamom.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=21165517&postcount=15698

Some of us on here make our own bows, some buy them from :wizard: (that's e-bay)

I beg my friends to do it for me:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Someday I will conquer the bows!!!

Every pic I tried to take of Ashley, Sara Beth was sneaking into it...and I had to crop her out because she was only in her panties! Crazy child.

I am not read :scared1: I have some things piled to pack up and some lists, but I am nowhere ready as I usually am...but I am very excited!

Funny kid!:lmao: I hope you don't have to work much this week! BTW how is the new position working out for you? And how about DH...didn't you say he had an interview? How did that go?

Ok everyone I need help. I am searching for the blue epcot friends fabric, (I know you all know what I mean). What is it called, who makes it, SKU ? Anything I have been searching online and have yet to even come across it. Thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter