• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 4ish Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
I zig zag everything. I go through and sew all the seams with a straight stitch than go back after I am finished and zig zag the raw edges at once - saves me from switching the settings on the machine and forgetting about it. (More often than once I have started sewing what I thought was a straight stitch to find out the machine was still on zig zag.)

A BIG THANK YOU to Lori (lori123) for getting me the Little Einsteins fabric. I made 2 halter dresses (one with ties in the back and one with shirring). I CASED the design from this thread. Here is a preview:
th_Patpatrocketdress007.jpg

Pat Pat is appliquéd on the bodice using Heather's tutorial. I hand embroidered the headlights and the rocket fire power. The pattern was winged but based on CarlaC's strip-work jumper pattern. I winged the back part and this was the first time I shirred. DH looked at the shirring and even said "That looks fancy. I like it."

One dress is for DD Lauren and the other is for her best friend Amanda. Their birthdays are 3 days apart and we are having a joint birthday party for the girls friends. I am pushing for a Little Einsteins theme.

How CUTE! I was patiently waiting to see what you made - I could use more pics though - LOL!

How CUTE! I was patiently waiting to see what you made - I could use more pics though - LOL!

Your wish is my command....
A front view (you can see her new room and big girl bed in the background - the room is painted pale pink and I put polka dot "stickers" in lime green and hot pink on one wall. Her room is so fun, bright and cheery, I made curtains for her room that I should post sometime.)
Patpatrocketdress008.jpg

A back view:
Patpatrocketdress004.jpg

I should add that the dress is not hemmed in these pictures. I also made both girls shorts/bloomers for underneath.

Here are my latest outfits. They are Non Disney but I still wanted to share!

th_bee7.jpg
th_lobster5.jpg
th_bf9.jpg

Thanks for letting me share! Candice

Cute! That first print is very retro 60s! :)

So here is the latest and greatest. :)

th_Oz006.jpg
th_Oz008.jpg

Love the Dorothy outfit--with ruby slippers!

I know, my ticker says ONE day!! Teresa is leaving TODAY for Detroit! So, why am I on here instead of packing, you ask? It's because I love y'all so much! :grouphug:

Teresa or I will start a new thread at page 249, which could be later today, at this rate! We're both bringing our computers on vacation, too. Teresa has high speed internet in the house she's renting and I have mobile broadband, so we will stay connected on vacation.

Now, that is dedication to the Disboutiquers!

You're all going to have so much fun!

I am seriously doing the happy dance here!

I booked my airfare for our December vacation about a month ago with the only airline that had flights open. I got it for $99 per person each way.

I just checked today, just to see what the rates were and the flight to Orlando is $154 per person and $171 for the return flight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am excited I got such a great deal on airfare because I was a little worried it would be outragous but I am :banana: doing the happy dance I got a good deal!

Good for you! I'm expecting minimum $350 RT when SWA opens December. Quite likely closer to $400.

can you believe how fast we ripp thru thes threads. iM proud to say that i have been involved and following since the beginning.

just a couple more thing i wanted to share. the tinkerbell dress is a total CASE of somebodys beautiful dress
th_FAMILYPICS1699.jpg

and a nondisney outfit
th_FAMILYPICS1700.jpg

both are for my 3 year old. they look kinda of crooked but that's because i had to hang them from my bathroom mirror. It's the only room in the house with semi decent light!
thanks for lookin'

Cute outfits!

Aimeeg: I just noticed the little Dorothy shaped bows!!! Did you make those? They are SOOO cute!

HEATHER AND TERESA and family have a WONDERFUL trip! And Luke says tell Tessa I love her and have fun!
Oh my goodness, he is such a super-sweetie!!! Tessa thinks that Luke lives in Disney World. So, I've had to repeatedly tell her that he won't be there.

the patterns is simplity's project runway collection #3510. Thanks for the compliments everyone! oh and Stephres your dress is beautiful!
I knew it!! I've been looking for that pattern and it's always sold out when they're on sale! I have some cute toile fabric that I want to use with it.

Thank you everyone for all of your well-wishes! I'm so excited about our trip! I just cleaned out the car and now I need to get back to packing.

Did you put a white layer on the back of the tink head? It is kinda thin- I guess it won't matter if I put it on a solid color. Not sure what I'll do with mine just yet.

I used the Tink pillowcase from Wal-Mart not K-Mart, but I lined it because it was so thin. If you're using a light solid color you'll probably be fine, but if it's dark or a pattern, I'd line it.

FYI... I made it through surgery and am on the mend. Thanks for all the well wishes.
...t.

Just wanted to drop by and say hello to everyone.... I haven't had a chance to do much sewing lately.....couple weeks ago, I had a gallbladder attack (my second one) and the ultrasound showed a pretty big stone, so I am off to see a surgeon tomorrow afternoon to talk about surgery. Oh what fun! A week after that, I had an allergic reaction to something and broke out in hives from head to toe and up to this day, I still have no idea what cause it! Right now..we are pretty much living in chaos...the kids went upstair into our master bath and left the water running at the sink, and it flooded the whole bathroom, part of the master bedroom and closet, and the water came leaking through downstairs into our laundry room, downstairs bathroom and the garage! Quite a bit of damage was done since I didn't discover the water until at least 1 1/2 hours later! All the rooms are still being dried by these huge industrial dryer/fans right now, and the guy just came and checked and it is still wet. All the flooring had to be completely removed in the master bath, and insulation removed from the walls, and through the ceiling in the garage!

Anyway, I didn't get a chance to go back and catch on some of the older post, but did go back the last few pages. Sorry I didn't quote but I will say that I love all the customs!!!

HeatherSue/TeresaJoy...I can't believe you are leaving soon!! Your kids/nieces are going to get some attention with all those wonderful customs. Can't wait to see more pictures when you get back! We leave in about 43 days!!!

I will post some pictures later of some outfits that I completed before all the chaos began!

Jenny

Oh yuck! What a mess. My neighbors across the street had $70,000 worth of water damage due to a running toilet in their second floor that flooded the whole house while they were gone. I am sure it is a nightmare!

Here are my latest outfits. They are Non Disney but I still wanted to share!

th_bee7.jpg

th_bee02.jpg

th_lobster5.jpg

th_lobster1.jpg

th_bf9.jpg

th_bf4.jpg

th_bf0.jpg

Thanks for letting me share! Candice

Wow, you are fast at whipping these outfits out and they are all fantastic! So cute!

So here is the latest and greatest. :)

th_Oz006.jpg

th_Oz008.jpg

th_Oz002.jpg

th_Oz001.jpg

th_Oz004.jpg

I LOVE the dress even though I really don't like the movie (for some strange reason that I don't understand). The shoes and ric rac are fantastic!

Heather and Teresa have a great trip! Be careful and safe and enjoy every minute of the trip! Send us updates when you can!

Teresa and Heather...I can't believe your trip is practically here! I remember when there was no ticker b/c it was just too far off for one! I hope you ladies have an AWESOME trip and we all expect tons of pics and maybe a trip report or two when you get back!

Have a safe and fun trip!!!

And, are you ladies going to try and start a new thread before you leave (since we are on page 246 now)?

Thanks!!

I know, my ticker says ONE day!! Teresa is leaving TODAY for Detroit! So, why am I on here instead of packing, you ask? It's because I love y'all so much! :grouphug:

Teresa or I will start a new thread at page 249, which could be later today, at this rate! We're both bringing our computers on vacation, too. Teresa has high speed internet in the house she's renting and I have mobile broadband, so we will stay connected on vacation.

Just when you guys thought you'd be rid of us!!!! We will still be here! :rotfl2:

Aimee that is just too cute. Your little girl is just too adorable.

Heather- have fun packing. We will be here when you get back. Probably on a new thread, but we'll still be here.

Last night I had a dream that it was the day that we were supposed to be leaving and nothing was packed and I wasn't even done sewing. :scared1: I was actually panicing.

So, what you are saying is that most people AREN'T still sewing the day they leave????? :confused3
:rotfl2:

I made a Jasmine outfit for Arminda yesterday, but neither my husband nor my Mother thinks it looks like Jasmine. So, I'm a bit bummed! :sad2: They did both think it was pretty though! I may post pictures tonight, they are on my other computer.

Finally TJ and HS have a fantastic trip!!!!!!!

Thanks Aimee!

Heather and Teresa - I hope you have a truly magnificent trip!!! Take loads of pictures too ;)
We will, on both accounts!!!
HEATHER AND TERESA and family have a WONDERFUL trip! And Luke says tell Tessa I love her and have fun!
Is that future nephew of mine adorable or what!
A front view (you can see her new room and big girl bed in the background - the room is painted pale pink and I put polka dot "stickers" in lime green and hot pink on one wall. Her room is so fun, bright and cheery, I made curtains for her room that I should post sometime.)
Patpatrocketdress008.jpg

A back view:
Patpatrocketdress004.jpg

I should add that the dress is not hemmed in these pictures. I also made both girls shorts/bloomers for underneath.
This is sooooo cute!!! Do I spy an Eeyore behind your daughter?? I love Eeyore. :)
FYI... I made it through surgery and am on the mend. Thanks for all the well wishes.
...t.

I'm glad to hear you are doing ok T.!!! Try to get some rest and stay off those feet!
Heather and Teresa have a great trip! Be careful and safe and enjoy every minute of the trip! Send us updates when you can!

Thank you!!!!

Patpatrocketdress008.jpg

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Did anyone spot the sort of hidden mickey!!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: OK ignore me - I'm just practising!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter