Disboutiquers Part 30 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Here is their website. They are called the Stitching Sisters. The group started out making lap blankets for breast cancer patients but now they make blankets for all different types of cancer patients. http://stitchingsisters.org/

I wish your son a safe and speedy recovery.

I have to go to C-Bus/OSU next week so I will stop in at the sewing center in Dublin. I'm sure I will be making many trips to OSU over the next few months. Nice that DD works there but in the behavioral building. Looks like a lot physical therapy ahead.
Thank you for that link!:cool1:

Hi everyone. As so many others have said, you all continue to inspire me with your amazing creations. Here's a few things I've been working on over the last couple of months to try to keep up with all of you!

Four Quarters Dress (by Monkeysbug):
front
September2013040.jpg

Jackets from a recent Big Give:
September2013043.jpg

Skirt (with button hole elastic):
September2013047.jpg

Hidden button and opening:
September2013049.jpg

September2013050.jpg

Judy

Oh, I love the jacket! That would work for my niece who leaves for the Disney CP in January. She loves Disney!

Hi everyone. As so many others have said, you all continue to inspire me with your amazing creations. Here's a few things I've been working on over the last couple of months to try to keep up with all of you!

front
September2013040.jpg

September2013043.jpg

September2013047.jpg

September2013049.jpg

September2013050.jpg

Judy

Absolutely adorable! They are all cute but I especially love the jackets! Where did you find the jackets? I've looked and looked but I can't find any jackets that are blank in child sizes.

front
th_September2013040.jpg

th_September2013043.jpg

th_September2013047.jpg

th_September2013049.jpg

th_September2013050.jpg

Judy

Everything is adorable, I really love the jackets.

Judy

Nice! What is button-hole elastic? Why is it used?

SOOOO IN love with this~~~~ I may have to try my hand at one of these.

Thanks! You should! I'm almost finished adding the skirt "sash" (can't think of a better way to describe) and will hopefully add the bias tape to the sleeve openings tonight, too. I'm very slow at hand-sewing.

Ok....I just can't keep up. Its always something. So I will just stop apologizing for being behind because I'm afraid, this is just me. So hopefully you won't mind when I do pop back on.

Scbelleatheart...I hope your son is doing better.

I loved the belle dress and the other wonderful items on the past few pages, which my failing memory can't recall at this moment. My phone is a pill and has trouble quoting.

So I had a second miscarriage (almost exactly a year apart) and am having a hard time getting back to sewing. I have a ton of ideas, but just can't start. I also got a new serger at a great price. But scared to use it. I know I just need to turn it on and try it, but..... :/

My daughter keeps changing her mind about Halloween costumes, lastest is Buzz. Does anyone know where to get an embroidery design for the chest plate on buzz?

Edit....hey jude.... love that skirt with buttonhole elastic. Great idea and too cute!!

Ok....I just can't keep up. Its always something. So I will just stop apologizing for being behind because I'm afraid, this is just me. So hopefully you won't mind when I do pop back on.

So I had a second miscarriage (almost exactly a year apart) and am having a hard time getting back to sewing. I have a ton of ideas, but just can't start. I also got a new serger at a great price. But scared to use it. I know I just need to turn it on and try it, but..... :/

My daughter keeps changing her mind about Halloween costumes, lastest is Buzz. Does anyone know where to get an embroidery design for the chest plate on buzz?

Don't apologize for being behind, it is called life! Please drop by whenever you can!

I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage :hug:.

I hope you will try out the serger soon. I can't imagine doing clothing without one at this point.

I am not sure where you can find the embroidery design. I would check either Heather's shop or MissKenzieMac.

I am so sorry to hear that. i know firsthand how awful it can be.

I loved the belle dress and the other wonderful items on the past few pages, which my failing memory can't recall at this moment. My phone is a pill and has trouble quoting.

Edit....hey jude.... love that skirt with buttonhole elastic. Great idea and too cute!!

I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage.

I agree with the other ladies, turn that serger on and use it, I love mine.

I'm so sorry for your losses.

Hi Judy! I haven't seen you in a while and was wondering how you are doing. I I know I commented on those jackets before but I still think that they are great! The dress and skirt are nice too. By the way, we are going to be in your neck of the woods probably in early November (yes, I know, it will probably rain the whole time we are there).

I am working on a big project right now but I hope I will be able to show a few pictures soon!

Hi Flora! September has been really busy getting used to everyone`s new schedules but I think we`ve almost got things under control...or at least as controlled as my household will ever be with 5 people going 5 different directions most days!

Yes, coming in November is not the nicest time to visit. Hopefully this year will be a sunnier month than the more normal gray and rainy Novembers that we have most years.

I can`t wait to see what you`ve been working on!

Judy

Absolutely adorable! They are all cute but I especially love the jackets! Where did you find the jackets? I've looked and looked but I can't find any jackets that are blank in child sizes.

Thanks!

I got the jackets at Walmart (in Canada). I agree, it`s tough to find jackets without something already on them but they did have these in boys sizes from baby sizes up to about 12-14 in a few colours (grey, navy, black). There was nothing blank in any girls sizes.

Judy

I have been up sewing until midnight or later for more than a week and I'm still not close to being finished. Of course I've had more on the needle than just Disney. Here is most of the Disney from the last week and one birthday gift that I thought turned out cute.

Bitty Baby Snow White Top

BB SW Skirt

BB Prince Top

BB Prince Pants

Izzy Snow White Top

Horse Purse front

back

I have been up sewing until midnight or later for more than a week and I'm still not close to being finished. Of course I've had more on the needle than just Disney. Here is most of the Disney from the last week and one birthday gift that I thought turned out cute.

Bitty Baby Snow White Top

BB SW Skirt

BB Prince Top

BB Prince Pants

Izzy Snow White Top

Horse Purse front

back

Everything looks great. That horse on the bag is too cute.

heather sue has all the buzz and woody outfits parts. The next two projects on my list are buzz and woody bowling shirts, I have the whole set - chest plates, shoulder buttons, badge, belt, etc. I got them as a set.

I just finished up my own toy story shirt embroidery today, I am hoping to get it sewn up soon. I am making the Sisbom Devon peasant top w/ appliqués added. My boys love the appliqués and have requested that shirt be for them. except one said it looked more like a blanket and could he use it as a blanket. sigh.

I have put my etsy shop on hold and wrapped up the last of the embroidery for my friend's disney trip (they leave tomorrow, I did 9 t-shirts for her kids, embroidered 2 bowling shirts that she sewed, plus added appliqués to a t-shirt and a polo for her and her husband for MNSSHP.) I have 33 days to get my own family's awesome outfits done. I have cut out 4 bowling shirts for my kiddos, a bowling shirt for my hubby and 2 of the sisboom tops for me. Plus a ton of t-shirts that need to be embroidered. And two kids who have 100 percent given up napping.

I'll post stuff when I actually make it. :)

I am so very sorry to hear about your miscarriage. :hug: Please take care of yourself.

Thanks!

I got the jackets at Walmart (in Canada). I agree, it`s tough to find jackets without something already on them but they did have these in boys sizes from baby sizes up to about 12-14 in a few colours (grey, navy, black). There was nothing blank in any girls sizes.

Judy

Thanks. I will keep looking at Walmart down here in Colorado. I do need girl sizes but I can always get boy sizes instead - it doesn't matter too much when they are kids!

PurpleEars said:
Don't apologize for being behind, it is called life! Please drop by whenever you can!

I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage :hug:.

I hope you will try out the serger soon. I can't imagine doing clothing without one at this point.

I am not sure where you can find the embroidery design. I would check either Heather's shop or MissKenzieMac.

Thank you!!

pyrxtc said:
I am so sorry to hear that. i know firsthand how awful it can be.

Thank you and sorry to hear that.

love to stitch said:
I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage.

I agree with the other ladies, turn that serger on and use it, I love mine.

Thank you!!

familyabgar said:
I'm so sorry for your losses.

Thank you!!

darnheather said:

Everthing is sooo cute!!!!

goteamwood said:
heather sue has all the buzz and woody outfits parts. The next two projects on my list are buzz and woody bowling shirts, I have the whole set - chest plates, shoulder buttons, badge, belt, etc. I got them as a set.

I just finished up my own toy story shirt embroidery today, I am hoping to get it sewn up soon. I am making the Sisbom Devon peasant top w/ appliqués added. My boys love the appliqués and have requested that shirt be for them. except one said it looked more like a blanket and could he use it as a blanket. sigh.

I have put my etsy shop on hold and wrapped up the last of the embroidery for my friend's disney trip (they leave tomorrow, I did 9 t-shirts for her kids, embroidered 2 bowling shirts that she sewed, plus added appliqués to a t-shirt and a polo for her and her husband for MNSSHP.) I have 33 days to get my own family's awesome outfits done. I have cut out 4 bowling shirts for my kiddos, a bowling shirt for my hubby and 2 of the sisboom tops for me. Plus a ton of t-shirts that need to be embroidered. And two kids who have 100 percent given up napping.

I'll post stuff when I actually make it. :)

Thank you!!!!! I knew they had to be somewhere. I know I looked at her site, but must've missed it.

Can't wait to see your outfits. There is no way I could ever sew that much and I only have 1 little running around. Wow!!

sewdisney said:
I am so very sorry to hear about your miscarriage. :hug: Please take care of yourself.

Thank you!!

So I bought a new pattern this week. Had my fabric picked out. Stayed home instead of going out dancing. And my stupid internet can't stay connected for longer than 7 seconds, and it takes 10 seconds to download my pattern. :(
And I think my computer broke, so you guys will have to post some pics of cute stuff to cheer me up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter