Disappearing waitlist?

Debbie Jean

DIS Veteran
I had a wait list posted from the 7 month mark for a value studio at AKV.... 1 day to add to the 6 I was able to book. I had been stalking but was away this week so didn't have the opportunity to log in. Today I go to check and the wait list is gone! No, not filled. Not cancelled or inactive. Just gone! And yes, I had been checking it daily. It was there. Now it's not. Gone without a trace as though it was never there.

I'm more than annoyed... I have to check every day to make sure the wait list is still there? What's the point. Needless to say, I will continue to stalk and have a backup plan for the single night. But really????

Has this ever happened to anyone else or did I just get lucky? :rolleyes1

You think so, Bill? From your lips to God's ears! LOL Maybe I jumped the gun... I'll definitely recheck later and let you know.

You think so, Bill? From your lips to God's ears! LOL Maybe I jumped the gun... I'll definitely recheck later and let you know.

People have posted that it can take a few days for MS to work the change. Others have reported calling in to MS and they will work the change while on the phone. You could also try using chat.

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks, Bill. In all the years I've been a member I have never had a wait list come through. Can you believe it? LOL

I'll follow up and see what the status is.

Both times we got our waitlist, this is what happened. Disappeared, and then it came through sometime after. On one, though, it was at least a week or more later, and when I tried to chat about it, the rep just said something like, "maybe you'll get pixie dust soon!"

Yep, that's how it worked when I got mine too. However, I don't have luck getting my waitlist but it does happen rarely for me. Good luck OP, did you get it?

Yep, that's how it worked when I got mine too. However, I don't have luck getting my waitlist but it does happen rarely for me. Good luck OP, did you get it?

I checked again and there is still nothing there. But I emailed MS so hopefully they will get back to me. Hearing from others does give me hope, though, so I will be sure to post the results... hopefully good news!

OP here with an update.

As far as MS is concerned there was no wait list. So it did just disappear. I am beyond annoyed and frustrated. I set this up at the 7 month mark and checked on it daily. I was combining stalking and waitlisting figuring it was a single day and I might get it. Went out of town for a few days and came home to find it went poof.

MS was no help at all. "It's not there. There's no record it was ever there". Thanks.

I have to start over and whose to say this wait list I set up now won't disappear.

Personally I would call again. My waitlist disappeared once and after a week I called and was told that my waitlist did not come through. Like you they couldn't tell me what happened, then a couple of days later it showed up. I hope it works out for you.

Personally I would call again. My waitlist disappeared once and after a week I called and was told that my waitlist did not come through. Like you they couldn't tell me what happened, then a couple of days later it showed up. I hope it works out for you.
Agreed, get with the satisfaction team if you don't get the answer you feel is appropriate. If it's not there and you'd checked on it routinely, they should be able to figure it out.

I would call back and ask to be connected to a "team line" CM. They are senior CM's who provide support to other MS CM's. They have access to additional system tools and logs and if you can get connected to one, they may be able to help.

Update: tried calling again and got nowhere. My word against their's... guess who loses. "Sorry but you are SOL".

Just a buyer beware on the concept of waitlisting. Another reason to choose stalking as a strategy.

Update: tried calling again and got nowhere. My word against their's... guess who loses. "Sorry but you are SOL".

Just a buyer beware on the concept of waitlisting. Another reason to choose stalking as a strategy.

Another reason to buy where you love to stay in case you don't get a resort that you don't own.

Another reason to buy where you love to stay in case you don't get a resort that you don't own.

This is so true, Bill.

The problem for me is that where I love now is not the same as when I bought in years ago. In fact, I just sold a contract and am in the process of buying another for this exact reason. I want that 11 month booking window where I love to stay NOW. LOL

This is so true, Bill.

The problem for me is that where I love now is not the same as when I bought in years ago. In fact, I just sold a contract and am in the process of buying another for this exact reason. I want that 11 month booking window where I love to stay NOW. LOL

Adjusting your portfolio happens. We bought BLT, don't stay there anymore. Bought AKV, rarely stay there, bought BCV but like BWV more so we bought there. We have sold some contracts and bought others. For us being happy at our home resorts is more important that going to the parks again.

OP here with an update to my update.

I just got off the phone with Patrick at MS and they had bumped up my complaint. He was able to secure the initial wait listed day for me!

It was for one night at the beginning of a 6 night stay I had already booked... I had actually set up the initial wait list on August 14th when I booked the rest of the reservation. Patrick still doesn't know what happened to it but said he would follow up with systems people to see if they could figure it out.

So kudos to Patrick for his help. I'll probably always be nervous now when I set up a wait list but my faith in MS has been restored :D

I'm so excited for you. Glad you stuck with it.

As for waitlist, I got mine yesterday. After being canceled for our cruise we rebooked for the end of this month, but needed a 1 bedroom for nov 4-6. Finally after stalking I managed a 1 bedroom at SSR. We are 5 and really need that extra bed, so WL a 1 bedroom at AKKidani and OKW. To my surprise I got AK! Now I got my extra bed and extra bath! I never thought I would get it as I put in for it just a few weeks ago and it's marathon weekend. So waitlist do come through!

I'm so excited for you. Glad you stuck with it.

As for waitlist, I got mine yesterday. After being canceled for our cruise we rebooked for the end of this month, but needed a 1 bedroom for nov 4-6. Finally after stalking I managed a 1 bedroom at SSR. We are 5 and really need that extra bed, so WL a 1 bedroom at AKKidani and OKW. To my surprise I got AK! Now I got my extra bed and extra bath! I never thought I would get it as I put in for it just a few weeks ago and it's marathon weekend. So waitlist do come through!

That's awesome! 1 beds at Kidani are fabulous... so much space and that extra bathroom just can't be beat :cloud9: Glad your wait list came through!

OP here with an update to my update.

I just got off the phone with Patrick at MS and they had bumped up my complaint. He was able to secure the initial wait listed day for me!

It was for one night at the beginning of a 6 night stay I had already booked... I had actually set up the initial wait list on August 14th when I booked the rest of the reservation. Patrick still doesn't know what happened to it but said he would follow up with systems people to see if they could figure it out.

So kudos to Patrick for his help. I'll probably always be nervous now when I set up a wait list but my faith in MS has been restored :D
I'm glad you at least got your waitlist back though it's possible you missed out a match along the way. Did you ask if they could put you on a priority wait list?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter