• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disabled in DLP

oliviaT

Earning My Ears
Has anyone had any experience taking a disabled person to DLP.

My son has some disabilities that mean he cannot stand in lines for any length of time as well as other mobility issues. I have checked the Disabled Guide to DLP and they say that queues are "wheelchar accessible".

When we went to WDW last year we got a GAC for him to use fast pass etc and we could use exits if necessary.

Is there any such system at DLP and do you need a doctors note to get card. We are leaving in two weeks time and any advice would be appreciated

Thanks.

Hi Olivia and Welcome to The Dis :)

We have visited with a disabled person before and unfortunately you will have to queue in the normal queues for the some of attractions, however most of them you can skip-the-queue by going up the exit or being issued with a FastPass. You get issued a disability pass and a guide whih idicates which attractions offer a fast-pass/exit facility for disables guests.

Off of the top of my head (it has been a while since this visit) the attractions which you had to queue regularly for were:
Phantom Manor
Space Mountain
Casey Jr. Train Ride

This was a few years ago now and I would strongly reccomend checking with DLP before you go if it will cause a problem. I would definitely make sure you take a doctors note or disabled ticket with you as I know that they are very strict. When you enter the park just head for Town Hall (on the left as you enter).

Have a great trip!

Richard. :)

Hi Olivia,

I went to DLP with my son is has Asperger's (autism) last November.My son finds it difficult to queue too and we got the pass thing (GAC?) at guest services.My DS won't go on thrill rides but we used the pass very successfully for everything else.I contacted guest services at DLP before we left and checked everything by e-mail with them.They were very helpful:D

If ypu want to ask me anything specific,fire away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter