Dis Unplugged London / Paris / Disneyland Paris ABD Info **UPDATE 11/1/10**

I'd like to do this tour some day, but it won't be in 2011. The only date I could possibly go is April (my birthday is 4/22) - but that's the week before Easter. I was at Disneyland in early May this year, and the crowds were crazy. I can't imagine trying to go there during a big holiday week. Hopefully you'll offer this again in 2012.

We were just there in April during the Food and Wine Festival and while there were crowds, ABD made sure that we didnt deal with any of that.

Between being "back doored" into attractions, reserved seating and handfuls of fast passes to use during free time, it felt like we were VIPs and the only people in the park.

It's a shame you have pre-determined that the park will be too crowded.

I think you are missing out on an amazing opportunity to spend your birthday in the parks.

Also...there are no holiday crowds in Imagineering, Walt's apartment, Mickey's of Glendale, backstage, the Henson Studios etc. Those places are exclusively for ABD.

Again, I think uyou have a misconception about having to deal with crowds. ABD makes sure that you dont.

We were just there in April during the Food and Wine Festival and while there were crowds, ABD made sure that we didnt deal with any of that.

Between being "back doored" into attractions, reserved seating and handfuls of fast passes to use during free time, it felt like we were VIPs and the only people in the park.

It's a shame you have pre-determined that the park will be too crowded.

I think you are missing out on an amazing opportunity to spend your birthday in the parks.

Also...there are no holiday crowds in Imagineering, Walt's apartment, Mickey's of Glendale, backstage, the Henson Studios etc. Those places are exclusively for ABD.

Again, I think uyou have a misconception about having to deal with crowds. ABD makes sure that you dont.

Good answer, Kevin - thanks! I will reconsider - although I may still have to wait until 2012.

I would have to say that I'm more excited about the London part than I would be about the Paris part. I'm with Yvette, the French scare me. My aunt went to Paris a couple years ago and stopped in a coffee shop. They wouldn't serve her because she was American. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Paris, I'd just be more excited about the London part.

Just tell them your Canadian then! LOL!!! :rotfl::rotfl:

I want a quote for this please! :thumbsup2
I want to be with my friends from ABD 1.0 again. :hug:
Shopping I think I know how that is done! :rotfl2::rotfl2:
As for the london part I would be very excited to see london and maybe with some luck get to spend some time with our dear friends Bex and Gav. :hug:
The Paris part well do and say I have been there. Always wanted to see it, but I do not speak french!

I think UK DISers should get first dibs! ;)

I haven't listened to the show yet, but had the whole DLP thing ruined by a different podcaster on facebook. After reading that it would be a ABD trip, and since I can't afford an ABD trip, and grew up a Londoner, I would have no need for a ABD trip, so would a well timed trip to DLP be a option?

Amen astrodrummergirl about First Dibs :)

Its a good Idea, Im starting saving now for It :D extra work I think :D

I want to do this trip so badly!!! However, we promised our son our first trip to Europe would be as a family and I don't think I can pull him from school in Sept/October, he will be in high school and 2 weeks in a semestered system is a lot of time to lose!!

katscradle said:
I want a quote for this please! :thumbsup2
I want to be with my friends from ABD 1.0 again. :hug:
Shopping I think I know how that is done! :rotfl2::rotfl2:
As for the london part I would be very excited to see london and maybe with some luck get to spend some time with our dear friends Bex and Gav. :hug:
The Paris part well do and say I have been there. Always wanted to see it, but I do not speak french!

Yes - do come! Would be great to see you guys. We are about an hour or two from London by car.
We would definitely make it over to DLP, but an ABD trip for us is really gonna stretch the wallet, especially when you consider we can see London anytime. Sadly the pound is much weaker than it was back when we bought DVC!
Never the less, I'm very keen to see the pricing before making any decisions.
I really hope this ABD trip is very successful as then there'll be more!!!

Yes - do come! Would be great to see you guys. We are about an hour or two from London by car.
We would definitely make it over to DLP, but an ABD trip for us is really gonna stretch the wallet, especially when you consider we can see London anytime. Sadly the pound is much weaker than it was back when we bought DVC!
Never the less, I'm very keen to see the pricing before making any decisions.
I really hope this ABD trip is very successful as then there'll be more!!!

I know this feeling to well, I am only four and a half hour car ride to London, I am planning on doing the ABD Hopefully but I am going to have and wait and see what the prices are going to be :surfweb: hopefully it wont be asctronomical pricing then it will be a go, If I do go this will be one of the best vacations ever, even going to WDW. But we have to wait and see, I hope that you will be able to make Gav N Becx, I would really like to meet you . :)

I know this feeling to well, I am only four and a half hour car ride to London, I am planning on doing the ABD Hopefully but I am going to have and wait and see what the prices are going to be :surfweb: hopefully it wont be asctronomical pricing then it will be a go, If I do go this will be one of the best vacations ever, even going to WDW. But we have to wait and see, I hope that you will be able to make Gav N Becx, I would really like to meet you . :)

Judging by this: ABD London and Paris

It's not going to be cheap. Thats how much money I get to survive on in a year as a student loan, and I going to really need that for a trip to Disneyland Paris (Most of that price will be pins however :P)

My friends are now talking about doing a trip at the end of October/beginning November, for one of their birthdays, and the halloween decorations, so don't even know if I'd be able to be at DLP with you guys!

Thought I'd give this thread a little bump up to page #1

Eventhough a lot of the talk is about the 3 ABD Backstage Magic trips in 2011-there are quite a few of us waiting "patiently" to find out the pricing for this adventure :surfweb:

Wonder if we can get a group discount on the French version of Rosetta Stone??

Thanks for the bump Marilee, we are also still waiting for details, ready to fire off our deposit.

Very afraid that all of my French from college is extremely rusty now.

If you have an iPod/iPhone/iPad, you don't need Rosetta... there are a lot of free, very good podcasts that teach French.

Thanks for the bump Marilee, we are also still waiting for details, ready to fire off our deposit.

Very afraid that all of my French from college is extremely rusty now.

If you have an iPod/iPhone/iPad, you don't need Rosetta... there are a lot of free, very good podcasts that teach French.

I am trying so very hard not to use my Disney Visa for anything - well almost - I still have that little cruise payment to make :laughing:
But other than that - I'm keeping it clear just in case ;)

My French goes back to High School - I am beyond rusty

I have to check out those language podcasts - never gave them a thought -

I am anxiously awaiting this info too..........we haven't been to Europe yet & I think going with ABD would be a perfect way to go the first time. I can't wait to see what the DLP add on to this trip is going to look like. I hope I can convince DH that we NEED to do this trip.
We have a 2011 Dream cruise booked in October with DVC points but I might have to figure out a way to make this work.

I am trying so very hard not to use my Disney Visa for anything - well almost - I still have that little cruise payment to make :laughing:
But other than that - I'm keeping it clear just in case ;)

I have to check out those language podcasts - never gave them a thought -

Coffee Break French is particularly good.

My french lessons stopped in elementary school - which mean I am in real trouble for anything past counting to 10 and saying bonjour. :rotfl2:

My french lessons stopped in elementary school - which mean I am in real trouble for anything past counting to 10 and saying bonjour. :rotfl2:

That'll work Tonya - as an official ABD Pocast Adventure shopper that's all you'll need ...

Enter Store -
say "Bonjour"
Point to object of your desire -
Tell clerk how many you want -
"Trois"
After she wraps up the purchase you just need 2 more phrases
"Merci - Au Revoir"

I haven't put myself on the list yet for info because I don't even want to THINK about price if I find out the adventure is a first or last week of October.

I would rather save pennies to do this trip than to spend the $$ again on the Backstage Magic tour. I loved that tour, but I want to do something I haven't done before!

I haven't put myself on the list yet for info because I don't even want to THINK about price if I find out the adventure is a first or last week of October.

I would rather save pennies to do this trip than to spend the $$ again on the Backstage Magic tour. I loved that tour, but I want to do something I haven't done before!

I think that's how a lot of us are feeling right now.

I really hope the price doesn't push it out of reach :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter