DIS oldtimers (well newtimers too) where are you?

I wanted to stop here and bring our friends up to date on one of our other good friends from past good times here, Judi (Snoopy/Junie Jay).

About 2 months ago, back in early September, I found out from Judi that she had been diagnosed with thyroid cancer. She would need surgery to remove her thyroid and evaluate if the cancer had spread anywhere else. Judi was working with one of the top surgeons in her area so had to wait for a surgery date. After about another week and a half, surgery was scheduled quite a ways out. It was to be Monday October 24th, last week, all the way from mid September. If you want the best you have to wait a bit.

Fast forward to last week, Monday the 24th. Her oldest son came in from college to be with his mom, her younger son is still at home with her. Great to have that close support from her boys. After Judi's surgery we were able to go back and forth some via text, not being up to talking yet. When she returned home late last week, the initial thoughts were that the cancer had spread to her lymph nodes. To make this time more poignant, it was also the 6th anniversary of Judi's hubby John's passing. :(

Judi was now in the early planning stages of the next stage of her treatment, radioactive iodine, several days in isolation. Scary time indeed. Judi would be going to see the doctor yesterday, Tuesday the 1st. When we talked later in the day, Judi had wonderful news to share. The cancer had not spread to her lymph nodes. She said the doctor was shocked, her thinking for sure it had spread. But she had that great news for Judi. Judi was elated to hear that update from the doctor and pathology.

She says it looks like synthetic hormones for her life now, like so many people are on even if they have their thyroid. That and close followup monitoring for her in the future. So much better than what might have been, though certainly still very serious. Anytime a person has cancer of anything, we all know it is serious.

If there are updates, I will share them here. I so wish that it be Judi herself sharing her story here with her friends and not me doing it second hand. :( We sure do miss
you here, Judi. :hug:'s

Please do remember Judi in your prayers, she said she would very much appreciate them. If you don't pray, that's fine too, but please remember her in your good wishes and thoughts. Those work well also.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the update on Judi! And I'm so glad it was a good update, other than what it could have been!

I never had the opportunity to meet Judi, but I read a lot of Snoopy's posts.

Thanks so much for passing on the news of other "old" DISers!
If you ever hear about the families (especially the children) of those who have passed on, please share this news if the families don't mind. I always worried about the kids, especially those of single mothers who have passed.

Hope to see you again in WDW some day!

Debbie

CDoobee! Dan! great to "see" you both. Thanks for the update on Judi, Dan. CDoobee, how are your kids doing?!?

Prayers of healing for Judi and for her family. Ditto to what Big V said. Thanks for the update.

Nice to see you stop by, Debbie, Corinne, Scott and John. Ahhh, for the 'old days' here.

Judi thanks you all for your thoughts.

I wanted to stop here and bring our friends up to date on one of our other good friends from past good times here, Judi (Snoopy/Junie Jay).

If there are updates, I will share them here. I so wish that it be Judi herself sharing her story here with her friends and not me doing it second hand. :( We sure do miss

Please do remember Judi in your prayers, she said she would very much appreciate them. If you don't pray, that's fine too, but please remember her in your good wishes and thoughts. Those work well also.

OMgosh, thank you for updating us, Dan. I'm so sorry to read this about Judi, and yet glad to read the good news, too. I miss her, too, on the boards. :hug:

Don't know how I missed this! Thanks for the update in Judi, Dan. Yes, that could have gone the other way for her.

I try to check this thread every once in a while -a trip down memory lane!

About 2 months ago, back in early September, I found out from Judi that she had been diagnosed with thyroid cancer. She would need surgery to remove her thyroid and evaluate if the cancer had spread anywhere else. Judi was working with one of the top surgeons in her area so had to wait for a surgery date. After about another week and a half, surgery was scheduled quite a ways out. It was to be Monday October 24th, last week, all the way from mid September. If you want the best you have to wait a bit.

Fast forward to last week, Monday the 24th. Her oldest son came in from college to be with his mom, her younger son is still at home with her. Great to have that close support from her boys. After Judi's surgery we were able to go back and forth some via text, not being up to talking yet. When she returned home late last week, the initial thoughts were that the cancer had spread to her lymph nodes. To make this time more poignant, it was also the 6th anniversary of Judi's hubby John's passing. :(

Judi was now in the early planning stages of the next stage of her treatment, radioactive iodine, several days in isolation. Scary time indeed. Judi would be going to see the doctor yesterday, Tuesday the 1st. When we talked later in the day, Judi had wonderful news to share. The cancer had not spread to her lymph nodes. She said the doctor was shocked, her thinking for sure it had spread. But she had that great news for Judi. Judi was elated to hear that update from the doctor and pathology.

She says it looks like synthetic hormones for her life now, like so many people are on even if they have their thyroid. That and close followup monitoring for her in the future. So much better than what might have been, though certainly still very serious. Anytime a person has cancer of anything, we all know it is serious.

I knew it, Judi is kicking butt and taking names

I remember Judi. Hope she is doing well and kicking cancer's butt. Prayers to her and her family

Stopping in to say hello again. We've landed in North Carolina (for now!) and just told the kids this morning that we are hitting WDW in August. I didn't even have kids when I was really active here and now my oldest will be 13!

:sunny:

Hi Trish. Nice to "see" you! Hope life is good for you and the family in No. Carolina and have fun at WDW!

Stopping in to say hello again. We've landed in North Carolina (for now!) and just told the kids this morning that we are hitting WDW in August. I didn't even have kids when I was really active here and now my oldest will be 13!

:sunny:
Hi Trish!! Great seeing you again. Glad to see you drop by every so often.

You, Jim and the kids sure do get around the country, and world if I'm not mistaken. Is Jim still in the service? And 13???? :faint: How did that happen?

I'll be at WDW August 15-22 with Natalie and her two boys, Jeremy and Christopher. Would love to see you guys if our dates coincide at all.

Hi Trish. Nice to "see" you! Hope life is good for you and the family in No. Carolina and have fun at WDW!
Corinne, great to see you also. I sure do miss the 'old days' here, so much fun, so many laughs (a few tears along the way too). I miss all the meets we used to have. Hope you and all your family are doing well.

Dan, I rarely visit the boards these days. Just now seeing your post about Judi. Remember her well from the CB many years ago. How is she doing?

Great to see updates from friends on this thread. Sue and I are in Florida and will be attending the DISboards 20th anniversary celebration on June 1st. Time sure does fly. We have purchased a home in Davenport, just 20 minutes west of WDW. Our daughter is living there with her husband until we retire.

We have made so many lifelong friends here on the DIS and can never thank Pete and crew enough for that opportunity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter