• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS oldtimers (well newtimers too) where are you?

Hi! We haven't been to Disney in years...still love it though. We fell in love with Maine and since we only travel with our dog we've been going there for years. Now, it will be some time before we travel again as my husband became seriously ill in Nov. Sending my best to all of you!

Yay for falling in love with a place. Boo for your hubby becoming ill. P&PD for y'all.

I haven't been to wdw in about 10 years now. Would love to go back

How about Triple?
Thank you. I think the screen name was triplefigs but my memory is bad LOL

Not sure if Denise is still active on here or not. She and family moved to Texas a few years ago and the triplets are in high school!!
Oh my! I remember she had some medical issues with one of her sons who I think I remember was in/out of the hospital. HS? Yikes LOL

Oldie here! Not many posts but I've been around for years & years. Some favorite posts from the past include the corn people, the LYMI gal & someone getting pooped on at the MK! Lol!

I just needed a brief 12 year break to get my head together, but I'm much better now. :)

Good to see a couple of familiar faces still around; I even saw that lunatic Dan Murphy post earlier!

:D
WillyJ! I've thought about you every so often over the years! I come and go here, usually just on trial threads, but I noticed your signature on the "should I pick my kid up at camp" thread! Have been meaning to say hello since.

Hello WillyJ! :teeth:

Just wanted to get a thread going, would like to see a lot of the 'oldtimers' from here on the CB, or other boards here too, who maybe have lurked more of recent than in the past, stop by and say hello. :hyper2: Sometimes threads like this start out, in the direction sort of a complaint, one thing leads to another, and then pixiedust: they poof it. As I read those, it's always nice to see folks coming out of the woodwork, so to speak, and say hello, but then they are gone and so are the DIS'ers for the time being.

So, I ask, please, not to make this a 'b' session, but rather just one to say 'hi'. Obviously, if it goes in the other direction, it will pixiedust:

So, I think this is a harmless enough start, let's see some old faces.:smickey: I know you are out there, because you pop in on these type of threads when they arise, or others that touch the emotions. :hug: Stop by, say hello, maybe meet some new folks along the way too. :grouphug: And if it stays 'nice', I would think the thread will stay too.

Okay, who all is out there? And if you are not a lurker, say hello too, open to anybody. :thanks:

:woohoo:

PS: I feel like I just started a game of hide-and seek, LOL, counting to a hundred by the tree, no peeking, here I come, LOL. :yay:
Hi there! :wave2:

How far back are we going? :banana:

I was a very active member when this was The Disneysites message boards. Before the DIS Website, as we know it today and before the DIS podcasts and all... :cheer2:

In the early days I eventually became the Moderator on the Disneyland Resort Paris section of the boards. party:

Those were some awesome great times to be online! :woohoo:

I fell out when I moved, but have been back to Disney after that time. :smickey:

And I made wonderful Disney Friends that I have been fortunate to meet on my visits and we're still in touch on various social media. :mickeyjum:goofy::donald::stitch:

My Disneysites screen name is still the same: Jonas_Swe :earsboy:

(note! the post count on my profile doesn't show the correct number, by far. and I am pretty sure other info haven't been updated either ***Edit: just learned about some crashes and rebuilding the boards while I was gone***. but this is Me! and by a screen name search all my old posts are indeed archived here! :thumbsup2).

:tinker:

Last edited:
Hi! We haven't been to Disney in years...still love it though. We fell in love with Maine and since we only travel with our dog we've been going there for years. Now, it will be some time before we travel again as my husband became seriously ill in Nov. Sending my best to all of you!

So sorry about your husband.

We haven't been to Disney in over a year. Last year we actually had Universal passes and went 3 times with them. They expired last December.

We aren't going to FL this summer. Part of that is money, and part is just that we are so busy this summer. I have a feeling our trips will be few and far between for a while. The kids are teens and their activities are such that taking a week to go away is harder. And then with my new job, I think it will take me a year just to get back in the swing of working full time, etc...

We may opt for a closer and less physically intense vacation. Beach, mountains, etc...but nothing planned.

Oldie here, on the boards and chronologically!
For anybody who remembers my kids, it's been 10 years since we lost my oldest daughter, Hilary, Hilside on the DIS. My son Jared is now 31, my "baby" Katelyn will be 25 in a couple of weeks, and my grandson Xavier is 7!!!
I've decided that my DH and I will probably never have an "empty nest". My son and grandson have been with us except for 2 short intervals. Katelyn was out for about 4 years, but has been back for a year now. It's really fine with me. I like knowing where all my "baby chicks" are!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter