DIS oldtimers (well newtimers too) where are you?

Hi everyone :wave: . I'm around on and off partly because I can't get the DIS in my office :mad: but also because I'm busy between selling our current house and building our new one. I know in 6 months it'll seem like a distant memory and I'll be :teeth: :cool1: but now there are days I feel :crazy2: :worried: :eek:.

Have a great weekend everyone. We have a few showings so I probably won't be on much since I like us to get out of the house when people come through.

Dan, From one old timer to another :wave:

Good to see some people coming out of the woodwork, CHIPPERDINI how have you been???

Hi Dan!

I am a long time "lurker" and every now & then poster (been here since 1998...I lost my original join date in the board crash a few years ago) and I have only racked up 500 posts!!!

Thanks for asking Dan and thanks Pete for the site I love & visit every day!

Colleen paw:

ive only been around 2 years or so, but i have a ton of posts so i talk alot but not everyone knows me so ill just say hi :)

:wave:

Hi Dan..

Just stopping in...Had Miracle the pug spayed today, so I am just a bit stressed over that, and life has been really tough lately, but I lurk in ever once in a while.

I guess I'm not quite as old school as some, but it FEELS like I've been around a while. Hi everyone! :banana: :wave: :grouphug:

I guess I'm an old-timer since I found the DIS in 1998 when I was planning our 1999 WDW trip. I can't believe it's been almost 8 years! I think I finally registered in early 1999 as DISgal and then changed my ID. There were the crashes and I had to re-register at least once, 2000 was the last time. And I just realized that I'm over 5000 posts!

Hi Dan!

I met you a long time ago at the only DisMeet I ever attended. You were there along with Elisabeth (pre-Mrs.) Roninrs and her son Michael, Olena, and a few others that I cannot remember. I still do not post much, but I am here reading everyday. (And always planning my next Disney trip!)

Jenny

A semi-newbie? But always willing to say a nice how ya' do! :wave:

Howdy everyone! :wave:

These 6+years here on the DIS sure have flown by. In a nutshell since discovering this site, I have earned a college degree, landed a teaching job just out of school (yes, I am very fortunate), my kids are now almost through high school, we bought into DVC, and we have taken many wonderful family vacations both to WDW and other parts of the USA.

Even though I have been so very tired lately, life is good. :goodvibes

Karen

:coffee: ....I just had to use this smilie!!

Long timer to dis in general but still kinda new to community board. Everyone is still sick here, 3 weeks later. I have broncitis, strep and a sinus infection. DS has broncialitis and so does dd4. DH is sick too, only one not sick is dd6. Supposed to take dd4 to a party tomorrow but don't see it happening.

Hi everyone!!!

:wave: from one DISer from another!!!! So far, I haven't had a chance to meet up with any of you at any DISmeets of sorts ( I live in sunny South Florida) , but maybe someday it will happen!!! By the way Dan, my older brother also lives in Chicago!!!! Neat, huh!?!

Robinrs said:
CHIPPERDINI how have you been???

Hi Robinrs. :) Hope you and Michael are both well. As for me.... I'm 2/3..........dead! :eek: (Chip & 'Dini are gone, but I've one wheeter left that's still hanging in there begging for lettuce and such every day :p). Good to "see" you. :sunny:

I guess I'm an old timer - but I haven't been in hiding or anything. My profile says 1999, but I arrived here originally in early fall of 1998 when I was researching for our Jan. 1999 trip. (As others have mentioned, I had to re-register and start over with postcounts and all that after the "big crash".)

It also just so happens that in the fall of 1998 I had just gotten a new job with a new office and a new . . . computer! It was the first office I had with my very own computer - and even more amazingly, an internet connection which was totally new to me then. Up till that point, our faculty and staff offices (on a university campus, no less) didn't have computers in them! Can you imagine????

So, I guess this next fall I'll be coming up on 8 years here! That can't be right, can it??

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

Nice to see everybody!! :sunny:

Tuffcookie said:
I can't belive it's been over 6 years I discovered The DIS! :goodvibes

I still remember when the membership was below 10,000...Now look at it! :eek:
Wow, this post made me realize how long I've been here...

way before you even had to register for this place.

I've been here over 7 years now I guess :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter