Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

Target on-line was only letting me do a quantity of 3 of the $100 gift cards. I should have gone into the store instead.

Very nice picture of your new kitty PiO.

Good news to hear your gift cards came in today. I purchased more gift cards today for my upcoming trip.

Target on-line was only letting me do a quantity of 3 of the $100 gift cards. I should have gone into the store instead.

I keep forgetting how much further the US is ahead of Australia for on-line shopping.

I keep forgetting how much further the US is ahead of Australia for on-line shopping.
I do most of my shopping on-line. I've read you can get rid of the Target quantity error message if you log out and then try again.

That's interesting...I would of thought Australia would be doing well with on-line shopping due to the size and space of your country.

It does. Except that with the dollar being previously strong, the online shopping is for stuff out of the US or Britain.

Now that the dollar has dived, there is still online shopping. Just not as much for the US or Britain.
We do online shopping but not necessarily for clothes.

That makes sense. I do it for the convenience more than anything else.

Catch you later, I need to turn in.

PIO did you see that thread about someone asking to find someone here to send her makeup to Australia? Said she would pay for the shipping. I think she wanted Mac.
Don't they sell Mac products there? Seems strange you don't have that over there.

PIO did you see that thread about someone asking to find someone here to send her makeup to Australia? Said she would pay for the shipping. I think she wanted Mac.
Don't they sell Mac products there? Seems strange you don't have that over there.

I did. I don't know her so I stayed clear of the thread.

They do sell Mac products here but it is much more expensive. I don't know whether it will be cheaper buying it in the US and getting someone to send it over but then I haven't really looked at the arbitrage costs of this situation. From my experience of buying make up, it really depends on the item and how much shipping would cost. The heavier the item, the more the economics don't add up. I know I've researched face creams in the past....some items are cheaper, some are the same....and it comes down to knowing your pricing. Face creams are heavy, so it never makes sense to ship those things.

However; where make-up is concerned, it definitely is cheaper. I actually got some product shipped to my aunt's house in 2014 (with Bret's help) and I saved about 40% compared to buying the same items in Australia. The savings were pretty decent considering I didn't have to pay for postage and because I was going to be in the US to pick it up myself.
The thing is....I needed a 'friendly US resident' to help me purchase the items. The website wouldn't accept an international credit card nor paypal nor do they ship to addresses outside the US. I suspect that a lot of the cosmetic companies in the US are set up that way as well.

I also have the option of buying through Bloomingdales, Macy's etc. They all set up international shipping about 3 years ago. But the shipping costs are exhorbitant! Highway robbery would be cheaper.

I did. I don't know her so I stayed clear of the thread.

They do sell Mac products here but it is much more expensive. I don't know whether it will be cheaper buying it in the US and getting someone to send it over but then I haven't really looked at the arbitrage costs of this situation. From my experience of buying make up, it really depends on the item and how much shipping would cost. The heavier the item, the more the economics don't add up. I know I've researched face creams in the past....some items are cheaper, some are the same....and it comes down to knowing your pricing. Face creams are heavy, so it never makes sense to ship those things.

However; where make-up is concerned, it definitely is cheaper. I actually got some product shipped to my aunt's house in 2014 (with Bret's help) and I saved about 40% compared to buying the same items in Australia. The savings were pretty decent considering I didn't have to pay for postage and because I was going to be in the US to pick it up myself.
The thing is....I needed a 'friendly US resident' to help me purchase the items. The website wouldn't accept an international credit card nor paypal nor do they ship to addresses outside the US. I suspect that a lot of the cosmetic companies in the US are set up that way as well.

I also have the option of buying through Bloomingdales, Macy's etc. They all set up international shipping about 3 years ago. But the shipping costs are exhorbitant! Highway robbery would be cheaper.
I think she only wanted the face cream. If it were me I would buy it there even if it cost a little more. Just seemed odd not to have it there.

Your new kitty is very cute. I'm sure over time the two kitties will bond and wrassle with each other to both of their delight. It just takes time. Fran keeps talking about wanting another kitty in the house, and I just don't want to go through that process. At least for now.

Good evening Fogies.

That is good that your grandson and nephew will be in the same class Angela.

I know what you mean.

I'm doing alright. Just looking to find a reservation for BOG during my trip in October. There were some opening today but I was too slow or didn't work on those days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter