• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS Ladies Only Meet 2006 Weight Loss Challenge - Starts March 28

macraven said:
shirley, try to do 35 minutes at curves for it to help increase your metabolism.

and push water. if you are comfortable going to curves 3 times a week, stay with it. you will see better results at 4 times a week. as you go 3/x, you will lose inches and weight but not as fast.

kat, congrats, it has happened and you will break under 200 by trip time.

i push the water is how i dropped 2 this week. without water at the amount i need to intake, my loss is limited.

jannie, wow, that is a very good number. be proud of yourself.

if you aim for mid january for hitting your goal, you can do it.
that is 5 months away at this point. you lose 5 lbs a month and you will get there no doubt.

hoping all have a good week.
i am taking son back to school thursday and know i will have to do resturant eating up to saturday when i return home. that is my downfall.
and, won't be exercising like i want to. unless the elevator is not working at the college dorm and we have to walk up and down the 14 flights of stairs.

he has too much stuff for us to do that. we did it one year but mr mac came the first time son went away to school and he was on the 11th floor that year.
it took us 5 hours of all three of us using the stairs. it wiped me out.

anyhoot, everyone hang in there and you will be happy with next tuesday's results.

i hope to only gain one pound, i know it will happen.
had the foot surgery this morning and can't walk for 2 days so no exercising.
i'll be lucky to get back to curves on saturday if i make it home by noon.

Thanks for your help Miss Mac.

The lady that trained me stressed that she only wanted me doing the machines 3 x's a week but I could come in and do the cardio part. I actually did think about going 3 times around instead of the 2 and see if that helps, sometimes it seems that as soon as I get started I'm finished, if that makes sense.

I am doing the water though I still have lapses, more on the weekends then the weekdays. At work I have my Bubba mug and a big ice machine and keep it filled all day long. At home I have well water...ugh! :)

Hello Ladies! Grats to all of those that lost this week and keep chugging along to those that didnt. What I gained this month is brought to you by TOM. The name I think that all women everywhere -hate- the most! Hopefully next week will be much much MUCH better for me! That is all. :grouphug:

Hey Michelle. Hang in there. :goodvibes Let us know how your new plan goes!

And now for an announcement.

There are 4 weeks of weigh-ins left for the DIS Ladies Only Challenge. You must report your weight to me these last four weeks or I am going to assume you are no longer participating. Several people have dropped out since the inception and I am going to assume from this point on that if you aren't reporting, you aren't participating. If you have been slacking on the weigh-ins in the past, and I am guilty of it myself, please don't do it now as I don't want to lose track of you as an active participant. :thumbsup2

Thank you. That is all.

January, I need your answer to the three questions. If you PMed them to me and I zapped them, I'm sorry. I can't find record of it. Beth, I need your answers to the questions too.

AdventurerKat said:
O.K. girls, please post or PM me with the answers to the following questions:

1. What is your favorite color(s)?
2. What is your favorite character(s)?
3. What is your favorite ride(s)?

Thanks!
Hi Kat,
These are my answers:
1. Pink
2. I like the Princesses. :teeth:
3. Splash Mountain

Sorry, I didn't see those. I haven't been here much. We have about 5 weeks left before the trip and my goal is to lose 10 lbs before the trip.

On me, 10 lbs is like one drop in a huge water well. :rolleyes: But it's a start and then if I gain while I am there, I won't be adding to what I already am.

I hope everyone is doing great. :cheer2:

Thank you Beth. Be sure to report your weight the next four weeks. Last date to weigh in is September 12th. :thumbsup2

Princess Michelle said:
Hi girls, I'm really sorry that I haven't been around the last couple of weeks. Just have a lot going on here lately. I haven't been going to the gym or eating right and it shows. I gained 3 more lbs. so now I've only lost 3 for the challenge. That disappoints me but at the same time it also gets me motivated to get back in control. I've been having a lot of problems physically lately and going through some things emotionally too. Fighting fatigue has been really getting to me. Some days I'll be standing there at work wondering how I'm going to keep my eyelids open for one more hour. It's time to get back on track though, if I don't then more pounds will creep up and join the ones I've already gained. My mom wants to do The Fat Smash Diet, if you haven't heard of it, it's used by some of the people on Celebrity Fit Club. She got the book yesterday. I thought I would do it with her, I don't have anything to lose but weight, right? We start the detox phase tomorrow. It's supposed to last 9 days but I think if it goes well I will just stay in detox for the rest of the month. So wish me luck. I probably won't start back at the gym until Monday. I'm going to rest this weekend and hopefully it will recharge my batteries, I've been doing a lot lately and I need to slow down.

Kat, here are my answers to your questions ~

1. What is your favorite color(s)? PINK!
2. What is your favorite character(s)? Tigger, Stitch, Tinkerbelle, Belle
3. What is your favorite ride(s)? Splash Mountain, Test Track, Thunder Mountain and Primevil Whirl.

i wish you more than luck princess, i wish you hope.

you will suceed.

look at it this way, you have lost and kept off 3 lbs. that is 3 lbs less that you still weigh now. that is a start.

sarah mentioned some sort of diet her and her grandma went on that detoxed her system. don't know if the one you are starting is the same.
i would have to go back and read what she listed before.

do whatever works for you. make it your own diet program.
many times we need a quick weight loss to keep us encouraged.

i am thinking of you princess. you will lose weight

macraven said:
i wish you more than luck princess, i wish you hope.

you will suceed.

look at it this way, you have lost and kept off 3 lbs. that is 3 lbs less that you still weigh now. that is a start.

sarah mentioned some sort of diet her and her grandma went on that detoxed her system. don't know if the one you are starting is the same.
i would have to go back and read what she listed before.

do whatever works for you. make it your own diet program.
many times we need a quick weight loss to keep us encouraged.

i am thinking of you princess. you will lose weight
This Detox thing sounds intresting. Does anyone know what it is called exactly? I am thinking I may want to try it out. ::yes::

hope all of you had a great week.

i had lost this past week then put it back on.
i am in my yo you phase.

after all the dieting and exercise, i weigh the same this week.
:)

which is better than gaining for me.

Better than gaining for me too, Mac. :thumbsup2 I am the same. I'll take it.

Next! Remember - you must weigh in these last four weeks to be considered as participating in the WISH challenge.

:sad: I gained 1/2 lb. I can't even blame it on the b-day party because I was in range of what I was allowed in calories and fat intake. Didn't even eat cake or ice cream, course I'm not really into sweets anyhow so it wasn't a biggie.

Yesterday was my 8th visit to curves and I have been going around the equipment 3 times instead of the 2 that is normal. I won't be back there until next Monday.

I hope that everyone loses or at least stays the same this week.

HI all! When we first started this I weighed 238. I am currently down to 220! I hope to lose another 10 before the trip. My original goal was to be below 200, but if I lose the 10, I will be close. I know I have had major ups and downs and haven't been on this thread in months, but I am going to try to be on more these next few weeks!
Sarah
P.S. Good luck everyone!

Hello everyone!!! :wave2: I actually remember to weigh myself this morning! :woohoo:I was able to lose 1 lb this week! Ive been drinking lots of water but this week and I am going to drink more!! Grats to everyone who lost or stayed the same! That is great! Keep up the work everyone! It will pay off in the end. :teeth:

AdventurerKat said:

1. What is your favorite color(s)? Brownish Reddish Orangish???
2. What is your favorite character(s)? Captain Jack Sparrow Tinkerbell
3. What is your favorite ride(s)? Tower of Terror :thumbsup2

Thanks!

Sorry I haven't been around ladies. I am here now. I am trying to convince myself to get back on track. I have been pretty lucky this summer to maintain what I lost in the spring so I don't have to start all over. :goodvibes

sahbushka said:
HI all! When we first started this I weighed 238. I am currently down to 220! I hope to lose another 10 before the trip. My original goal was to be below 200, but if I lose the 10, I will be close. I know I have had major ups and downs and haven't been on this thread in months, but I am going to try to be on more these next few weeks!
Sarah
P.S. Good luck everyone!

Opps, I was wrong about my starting weight...it was 232....so 12 gone.
Sarah

AdventurerKat said:

1. What is your favorite color(s)?
2. What is your favorite character(s)?
3. What is your favorite ride(s)?

Thanks!
Favorite color is ....hmmm....that's a tough one. I guess maybe green...or is it blue...possibley a strong pink....yep all of those are my favorite colors
Favorite character is tinker bell
Favorite ride is splash mountain

Note to self: DO NOT BUY CROISSANTS!!! :sad2: :sad2:

So far I have had four, yes FOUR, large buttery croissants today. Well, there goes any weight I lost (which was minimal to begin with). :rolleyes:

mommaU4 said:
Note to self: DO NOT BUY CROISSANTS!!! :sad2: :sad2:

So far I have had four, yes FOUR, large buttery croissants today. Well, there goes any weight I lost (which was minimal to begin with). :rolleyes:

whine, whine, whine.............i always eat tuesdays after weigh ins and wednesdays...........

ok, i ate 4 chalupas today.
4 of my goodies equals double of your croissant goodies....... :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter