• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS Ladies Only Meet 2006 Weight Loss Challenge - Starts March 28

Mac, thank you so much for this information. I saw two people out walking this AM and I thought I should really try doing it before work. It will still be dark out but its cool and the path is lit and a sidewalk. Its interesting to see what it says on an empty stomach.

I also want to say :woohoo: This is the first week in a long time that everyone has lost or stayed the same. No one gained this week!!

We have one more week left so give it all you've got this week and go for it! :thumbsup2

macraven said:
this tip will help you tone up and lose weight. for sure.
it's worked for me and it will work for you.

if you can't do the entire walk, do what you can.
the main thing is to make it part of your routine.

this is the article.
it's a lot for me to type. hope the computer doesn't die on me.

Good Housekeeping Sept 2006:

e
Every day for four weeks, spend 26 minutes walking: a 3 minute warm up, a 20 minute power walk, and a 3 minute cooldown period.

For maximum weight loss, walk in the morning and on an empty stomach.

Why? Some research suggests that exercising before you eat breakfast may help you whittle down faster. The reason: When your body is full of food, your insulin levels rise - and when those levels are elevated, you can't burn fat.
Walking in the morning means you probably have not eaten in the last 6-7 hours.

Find the right pace for you. Go too slow for your level and you can hit a weight loss plateau. Exercise so hard that you end up super sore for days and you will do the worst thing possible, lose your motivation.

To find the best stride, try to talk while you are walking and see how hard it is.
You should not be pushing too hard, you should have enough breath to carry on a converstion. However, if you are able to talk nonstop for 20 minutes, you are not moving fast enough.
An avid walker? Chatting should leave you huffing and puffing.

Over the weeks, you will grow stronger, so you need to bump up your speed or walk up hills to keep the fat burning.

If you want to lose even more weight over the next four weeks, stick to a 1,450 calorie daily diet.

If you are not a walker, start slowly now. It is recommended to do a straight 20 minute exercise without breaks to be effective in losing weight.

If you need to lose weight after the trip, start the 4 week program when you get back. You will lose those extra pounds you found in the motherland.

hope this helps you. it has for me. just wanted to share how i have been able to take off some of the unwanted pounds this past month.

AdventurerKat said:
Mac, thank you so much for this information. I saw two people out walking this AM and I thought I should really try doing it before work. It will still be dark out but its cool and the path is lit and a sidewalk. Its interesting to see what it says on an empty stomach.

I also want to say :woohoo: This is the first week in a long time that everyone has lost or stayed the same. No one gained this week!!

We have one more week left so give it all you've got this week and go for it! :thumbsup2

WOOT!!! That's awsome!!! :Pinkbounc

I just got back from Curves and I started on my diet again. The one I was doing when I first started the challenge. I hope it will help me melt off some more poundage. How is everyone's week going? I hope good! :grouphug:

TinksPixieDust said:
I just got back from Curves and I started on my diet again. The one I was doing when I first started the challenge. I hope it will help me melt off some more poundage. How is everyone's week going? I hope good! :grouphug:

Good for you Wendy. I cheated and weighed myself this morning. I've lost another pound, I think because I have been sick. I doubt it will still be gone by Tuesday. ;)

the only great thing about having veritgo is the weight loss.

lost 5 lbs since i have been sick.
but then, i can't eat and keep food down.
so when i recover from this attack, i am sure my friendly pounds will come back home to me.......... :teeth:

macraven said:
the only great thing about having veritgo is the weight loss.

lost 5 lbs since i have been sick.
but then, i can't eat and keep food down.
so when i recover from this attack, i am sure my friendly pounds will come back home to me.......... :teeth:
:grouphug:

tip of the day...

one more day to go to the finals.
gee, i hope i passed...........

Answers from SparkPeople's Fitness Experts

Question: How do I know if I've reached a plateau? What can I do to jump start my weight loss again?

Expert Answer: If you've been exercising and cutting calories for several weeks, and you're no longer seeing the same results that you experienced in the beginning, then you've probably hit a plateau. This occurs when your progress comes to a standstill, and can be described as not making any "gains" (such as improving your fitness level or losing weight), but not necessarily moving backwards (losing endurance or gaining weight).

Because every individual is unique, there's no way to actually predict when a plateau might happen. However, the principles of nutrition, rest, and variation will jumpstart your body, mind, and metabolism. There are 3 articles in the Resource Center that explore these concepts in further detail:

Plateau Busters- Part 1 focuses on eating the right nutrients at the right times.
Plateau Busters- Part 2 focuses on the importance of rest in your exercise program.
Plateau Busters- Part 3 discusses how to add variety to your workouts.

Time Involved: A few minutes

Body Benefit: Improved fitness and weight loss

No Need to Stretch the Truth about Resistance Bands
Dealing with Boredom in Your Diet

a quick run by.......

:moped:

have to get ready for work.

i wish you all the best and the challenge continues even after today.

if you did not meet your goal, lets continue it after the trip.

if you did meet your goal, then stay on this thread and encourage the rest of us.

btw, i did not met my goal but did drop over more than what i thought i would.

I believe I am also down 5 this week. Today I weighed in at 209! This is very excting for me as I have met my revised goal of being under 210 before the trip and I also have a small chance of getting down to me other goal of being below 200 for the trip. I don't know if that will happen, but I will sure give it a good try!
Sarah

Good morning ladies.

Well I lost 1/2 lbs this week, which gives me the grand total of a weight loss of
3.gif
15 1/2 lbs. Not as much as I wanted but a darn sight better than I was. :cheer2:

I am hoping to continue to work on my weight and hope that we can still come in once a week and give each other moral support. I know once our trip is over I will need to come here. Even though I don't eat a lot of sweets the main meals will probably do me in. :teeth:

Good luck to everyone for their weigh in today.

Kat, thanks so much for all your hard work getting this together and keeping the chart for the challenge.

Mac, thanks for all the good advice that you give, I don't know what I would do without you.

I want to thank everyone else who comes in and gives support to carry on. Why do I feel like I'm accepting the Oscar?

I think one of the best things that has happened to me in a long time was you ladies coming into my life.

And so today we close the Official DIS Ladies Only Trip WISH Challenge. I just want to say:

WOW.

All of you have inspired me during this in your own way. From Mac with all her advice and encouragement to all to January who thanked me every single week without fail for starting this to Michelle with the silly Tigger in her signature that made me smile when she weighed in. All of you in your own way. Thank you.

I said this several times on this thread and I will say it one last time. I feel the only way anyone would have failed in this challenge would be if they just didn't try at all. We all had bad weeks, some of us might not have tried as hard as we could (yep, that would be me) but by weighing in each week everyone was accountable for their actions and paying attention to what they were doing. I know I won't be able to have a Tuesday without stepping on the scale now. ;)

I plan on continuing myself. I lost 11.5 from when I first started working on this to now. Not alot for someone of my weight, but its 11.5 pounds I am sure I would not have lost otherwise. And I know I can do better. And I will continue to strive to do better til I reach my goal. I hope the rest of you will as well.

For the record books, the final few of us lost a collective 131 pounds. A couple people have not weighed in yet today, but I'm going to call that good. 131 pounds. All I could say when I added that up was, as above, wow.

I have my top three and I will keep that a secret until we're at WDW. But congratulations to everyone. I'm very proud of all of you for sticking with it all this time. :grouphug:

Thanks so much for doing this kat. Even when I was not actively participating, I always knew you all were there and that was helpfull when I was trying to get back on track.
Sarah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter