Dis Exclusive July Backstage Magic Adventure 7/6-7/11 Sold Out

OK, so I've started looking at air fares from SFO to LAX or John Wayne. But here's the rub -- I just bought a Disneyland AP and of course am now tempted to fly in a few days early and hit the parks. Oh, who am I kidding -- of course I'm going to. :rotfl2: Details to be worked out still, but I'm now glad that I didn't buy plane tickets when I booked this trip, because I would have booked flights just for the ABD dates. Woo hoo!

May the holiday season treat you all well!

-- Dave

OK, so I've started looking at air fares from SFO to LAX or John Wayne. But here's the rub -- I just bought a Disneyland AP and of course am now tempted to fly in a few days early and hit the parks. Oh, who am I kidding -- of course I'm going to. :rotfl2: Details to be worked out still, but I'm now glad that I didn't buy plane tickets when I booked this trip, because I would have booked flights just for the ABD dates. Woo hoo!

-- Dave

I don't have a Disneyland AP, but I will be spending 3 or 4 days after the official tour exploring the parks the way I didn't get to last time. A couple of days before hand getting over the jet lag and hopefully spending time with my California DIS buds, Nancy and Ros. Thinking about the big 4th of July show at the Hollywood Bowl. It's just up the street from the Hollywood Hotel.

Kim

I can't recommend the Hollywood Bowl highly enough! It is one of my favorite places!!! I can't wait until they release the schedule for this summer!

Melissa

Looks like the airline prices are quite a bit higher than what I paid for October's trip. Hopefully, they will go down but I'm sure they're high partly due to the arrival date being just after July 4th. I'm still going to hold off awhile before getting my flight booked.

Still waiting for SW. And I have noticed at least for trips to WDW, their prices are best about 3 months out. Hopefully prices on the Fourth won't be too bad.

Kim

-- Dave

We did the same thing and bought AP's in anticipation of this trip. :cool1: There have been some great deals on flights to SoCal from Portland - $198 roundtrip - so we will be using the AP's in March and May as well.
DD and I will be staying after the trip at least 2 days for more DLR fun. The only problem about staying afterwards is that we will have been spoiled by ABD park touring. :goodvibes

We did the same thing and bought AP's in anticipation of this trip. :cool1: There have been some great deals on flights to SoCal from Portland - $198 roundtrip - so we will be using the AP's in March and May as well.
DD and I will be staying after the trip at least 2 days for more DLR fun. The only problem about staying afterwards is that we will have been spoiled by ABD park touring. :goodvibes

Sarah, I know what you mean about being spoiled. I spent one day in the parks after the tour. Holly and I kept asking where was the paddle of power. It was so much fun bypassing all the lines. And all the dirty looks. :rotfl2: and I just kept thinking "if you pay what I did, then you could be doing the same thing"

Kim

Just booked my flight from San Francisco to LAX. Flying in July 3, coming back home on July 11. This means I have July 3 - 5 at DLR before our trip! :cool1:

Got a good fare on Virgin America, and then realized that I had enough Elevate points to pay for the ticket. Total cost: $10 in fees. Satisfaction: priceless.

Next step: figure out where I'm staying July 3 - 5. Am looking at the off site hotels -- I figure that ABD will pamper me with accommodations, so I'm gonna try to save some bucks with the pre-trip stay (read: save a bit more money to spend at Mickey's of Glendale). :lmao:

Woo hoooooooooooo!
-- Dave

Congratulations Dave! I'm flying Virgin America for the first time next month, so I'm curious to see if it lives up to the hype! I've never seen the DLR fireworks (sure heard them though), but they must be spectacular !!!!!

Melissa

Southwest isn't releasing July dates for another month. :( I don't know what to do. There are somewhat decent rates for nonstop from United out now. I'm so torn. I guess I will have to be patient. Not a virtue I possess in great amounts. ;)

Kim

Right now United's rates from Chicago are about $100 higher than what I paid for my October 2013 ticket, so I'm holding off for awhile. Although, I know the rates are going to be higher for this trip since it falls right after July 4th and a lot of people will be vacationing during that holiday weekend.

SLOTS OPEN -- I'm cancelling trip :(

Hi all!

i have just informed Kevin that my family and I are cancelling our ABD trip with you. Due to family illness, my wife had to take an unexpected trip out of the country, altering work/vacation schedule and putting vacation money to good family use.

We were hoping to meet you all and spend a wonderful time with you, maybe next time.

For now, just in case you have any family or friends you want to invite -- 3 slots are open! Just let Kevin know.

Enjoy!

Patrick

I'm sorry we won't get to have this adventure together. Best wishes to everyone in your family.

Kim

I don't have a Disneyland AP, but I will be spending 3 or 4 days after the official tour exploring the parks the way I didn't get to last time. A couple of days before hand getting over the jet lag and hopefully spending time with my California DIS buds, Nancy and Ros. Thinking about the big 4th of July show at the Hollywood Bowl. It's just up the street from the Hollywood Hotel.

Kim

I just saw details for the Hollywood Bowl July 4th Fireworks Spectactular:
http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/ticket...-steep-canyon-rangers-featuring-edie-bricke-0

I think I'm seeing that single tickets go on sale May 4th 2014.

Alicia

I just saw details for the Hollywood Bowl July 4th Fireworks Spectactular: http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/july-4th-fireworks-spectacular-steve-martin-and-steep-canyon-rangers-featuring-edie-bricke-0 I think I'm seeing that single tickets go on sale May 4th 2014. Alicia

Looks like fun. :-)

I wish we could fly in on the 4th since the flight would be cheaper I could splurge on these tix. Have to stick with family commitments on the 4th but I hope some of you get to go and let us know about the performance when we meet on the 6th.

I wonder if the Hollywood Bowl does that on July 5th in case the other three nights sell out. I am not flying out until the fifth to keep costs down on the trip, but it sounds like a blast of an evening.

I checked the current schedule for the Hollywood Bowl, nothing on the 5th. Not sure Steve Martin and this group are my cup of tea. Might see what else is going on in LA that night.

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter