DIS DVC 1000 Point Club (post #1 updated 02/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jim and meesie said:
Not to count others money but really, how do you use more than 1000 points/year? WOW!!!! I find it fascinating (and am a bit envious) (alot)!!!!

Maybe after I finish paying over $80,000./year in tuitions (in 11 more years) I can be a DVC super member too!

Sadly I am NOT in the club but I do have a bit of insight...my inlaws have a bunch of DVC contracts as well as Marriott timeshare weeks in Florida. They travel to Florida the 2nd week of January every year and return in April. Their entire stay is split between DVC (typically OKW and BC) and one of the Marriott vacation club resorts in Orlando. They did not want to have to worry about a home or even a condo while they are not in Florida (now I understand after the hurricane season we just had YIKES).

In addition to their winter in Florida, they also like to visit WDW during one of the holidays or festivals....this year it's going to be F&WF, last year it was F&GF. They are originals to DVC...bought their first contract at OKW the first year it was available so the points were much more affordable then LOL!

greenban said:
Jim C:

Well I passed ROFR on a contract at OKW today, would you please add 1156 points to my total :)

And, yes I hope to buy CRV points when they become available to round up to an even number!

-Tony

(Currently grinning ear-to-ear!)

Tony,

Now that is quite a sum of points!!! So when are we going???? :rotfl2:

Congratulations :cool1:

We are not quite there with 970 points, but we are still in the borrowing mode so I think another add on is in our future.

I congratulate you all-someday I wish I could join you!

Now as far as how to use 1000 pts:

I ams sure if you always stayed 2 br for 10 days instead of 5, 6 o7 . We go in the winter to Fla. I would probably book a few Easters or summer months at HH. I would also trade to Concierge and go to the Sagamore on Lake George every summer. Then I would use my points for a Disney cruis-

Sounds like I would need 2000 pts.!LOL!

Hi Jim C,

Can you put us in at 1455 please? First we bought extra to divide up between our kids (they're still really little) and then extra for my parents to spend weeks away from the cold Minnesota winter (they're not that old). I think I've finally faced the truth that I just really love visiting Disney with family and friends and I think DVC is the greatest thing since sliced bread!

Charlotte

One more 230 contract waiting to pass ROFR and then we're done - at least until CRV or AKV.....

MomsGoneGoofy said:
We are not quite there with 970 points, but we are still in the borrowing mode so I think another add on is in our future.

Add-ons are addictive. It is a good thing these are deeded interests. Because if it they were not they could set up a monthly program like they do with their stock. We buy a set dollar amount of Disney stock each month directly from the company. Have the dividends reinvested that way as well. Now suppose you could subscribe to a similar program at DVC?

DVCforMe said:
Hi Jim C,

Can you put us in at 1455 please? First we bought extra to divide up between our kids (they're still really little) and then extra for my parents to spend weeks away from the cold Minnesota winter (they're not that old). I think I've finally faced the truth that I just really love visiting Disney with family and friends and I think DVC is the greatest thing since sliced bread!

Charlotte

One more 230 contract waiting to pass ROFR and then we're done - at least until CRV or AKV.....

Congratulations :goodvibes Noted on post 1 as requested.

Can I join the list if 300% of my yearly points are over 1000? :teeth:

Every 3 years I can be a 1000-pointer.

Since I will not wait to go to WDW every 3 years, I guess it won't work. Oh well. I can still enjoy reading the list!

I'm not jealous- I'd hate to pay their dues!! I feel the same way about big houses- imagine paying to heat and cool them!

I love this post. It always give me a reason to dream. I would love to see where all the 1000 pointers are from. Are there any from Wis?

Wow! Who knew that people with that many points even existed! LOL :)

And here my husband and I were worrying about how we'll come up with the money to buy in at 200 pts before our next Dis trip.... Of course, we're also trying to be debt free and would pay only cash, so maybe that has a little bit to do with it! :D

How do you spend 3500 points?????? Do you LIVE at WDW only in grand villas????? We just bought 150 points and are banking them into the 2007 use year. So we'll have 300 points to take a vacation. We'll probably spend 12 nights in WDW in a studio and 3 nights in VBR in a 1-bedroom.

I don't think that anyone should feel bad about their "modest" contracts. I mean, we bought into the lowest possible contract we could get.

Sure, 500 + points would be nice.....but, I know that there are a lot of families who only get to go to WDW as a "once in a lifetime" sort of thing. I'm just happy my parents bought into DVC and are going to will it to me when I am of legal age!!!!!!!

momtosydneyntodd said:
Congratulations to all DVC members --- from 1 point all the way to a jillion! We have a lot to be thankful for. :cool1:

Right On Sister! :cheer2:

The DW and I bought 200 points in February after returning from a cruise. After getting back home we called up our sales person and added another 50. The DW worries that we have too many points, but my opinion is how could you ever have too many points!?!? Even if you're not able to use them all, you can always let friends or family use them. Way to go 1000 pt. club! Hope to join you someday if I can convince the DW.

momtosydneyntodd said:
Congratulations to all DVC members --- from 1 point all the way to a jillion! We have a lot to be thankful for. :cool1:

Well said!! :thumbsup2 I consider myself very lucky and very well blessed indeed- DVC has literally been a dream come true for me. :cloud9:

What a great thread! Now, I wonder how long it will take me to get there? I want an add-on now so bad I can taste it! I have a pact with myself that I will not add on until all my other debt is gone, so at least I have to wait a little while. Hopefully, I will be there in a few years, though! Congrats to you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts