DIS DVC 1000 Point Club (post #1 updated 02/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've yet to make my first DVC stay and I've already got pointis envy..... :guilty:

You know what I am jealous of? (seriously here) Having enough vacation time to take advantage of HUGE numbers of points like that! I know there are lots of people with more money than I. I have NO problem with that (well...you know - I wouldn't mind more money lol but I don't begrude other people having it). I have a hard time "spending" our 250 points to get the right balance of "value" with "enjoyment". I don't spend willy nilly points, we try for the best times and seasons, we haven't yet stayed on a weekend (but are at the end of January at HHI just to check out the place for a long weekend!).

I am lucky enough to work where I can take off when I choose for how ever long I choose, but hubby worked for a company where time off is not given as freely (currently a stay at home dad - if this trend continues - vacation time will be a breeze to plan! woohoo! I kinda like him being home :) ). Spreading our vacations between Disney and other places we want to go and see means that 1500 or more points would be next to impossible for me to spend (and I do "rent" points cheaply - just enough to cover the maintenance fees - to family and friends....but that is within the 250 we have! If I had 1000 or more, I would need a full time point planner :p )

So - congrats to you all that have so many points and love them so. :) It wouldn't work for me for now, but I do often get add-onits!!! lol Then I think to how long it took me to spend our first years points this year and I back away from the phone :earboy2: So far, I have resisted!

greenban said:
Toot Toot!

-Tony

:snooty:

reverting to 4 year old humor...but do you know whats going to happen if you keep up that snooty look?

Someone will see a bugger :teeth: :rotfl:

Laura

idratherbeinwdw said:
Also, those of you saying things like "I am sure they work hard to get those points" may well be wrong. How do we know they weren't born with the proverbial "silver spoon" in their mouths?

I can't be 100% sure, but I'm getting the impression that some of the folks in the 1k+ club are using their points for business purposes. Not really the same as personal use.

Under 100pt club sounds like fun. We could place bets on whose first to leave the club.

Tom

Congratulations to all of you! If our DFamily ever decided that they want/can vacation with us to WDW on a regular basis, we will join the club. For now, we will work with our 500 points (unless we find ourselves always locked out of BCV at the 7 month mark, then an add on will be required for my sanity)!

Bobbi :flower:

Just my little ole' opinion, but...
One of the most important things in life is having a good sense of humor. :)

MG

ahh..I love the DIS board...reminds me so much of family dinner time...

Now if only we can work politics and religion into the conversation it'll feel lke old times.

Hey, pass the ketchup!

As stated before, this thread needs to return to its original topic. The recent off-topic post which were fast deteriorating to personal attacks have been removed. Those post which referred to the removed post have also been removed. I apologize if one of your post was removed.

I will ask once again, not so nicely, that you return to the original topic of this thread. If you do not like the topic of this thread, I suggest that you ignore it.

Many happy returns to all those who have 1000+ points. And thanks, Robin, for getting the thread back on track! :)

SueOKW said:
Tony - I'm looking for a new job!

You know what my dream would be? Own enough points to live at OKW for 4 months a year.... or 5.. or 6... I think it's great many people have enough points to do something like that!!!

Right now it's storming so hard it's nearly pitch black outside! (just interesting to me, no one else..) what a downpour!

Sue:

That just might be our 'final' retirement plan, Nov - Mar in Disney, then back to Jooisey!

-Tony

Toot Toot, Woo Hoo, Toot Toot!

No quotation marks were used in this reply!

If you can read this, it has not been deleted, if you can't it has :cool1:

JohnNJ said:
I can't be 100% sure, but I'm getting the impression that some of the folks in the 1k+ club are using their points for business purposes. Not really the same as personal use.

I agree, and they are probably getting a great tax right off for using it for business.

To all with 1000+.....you lucky people! Enjoy every one of those points...whether you use them yourselves or give them away! :grouphug:

Can someone tell me what a 'triple' and an 'almost triple' are?

P.S. Congrats to those with tons of points! Me looking a lttle 'green'! ---> :jumping2:

well we've only been members since April '04 and I know that I would LOVE to be in this club. We have already done an add-on!!

Congrats to everyone on the list, maybe we'll see you sometime in WDW :)

vascubaguy said:
:idea:
I think we should start an under 100 club!!! :rotfl2:

:snooty:

I was just going to suggest an under 51 point club for you and I, but you got there first!

:teeth:

Now, I know that we will be part of the 'more exclusive' club one day!!!!

deba said:
Can someone tell me what a 'triple' and an 'almost triple' are?

P.S. Congrats to those with tons of points! Me looking a lttle 'green'! ---> :jumping2:

My understanding of the terms (that I used BTW!) are that a 'triple' has 3 UY of points available, such as all 2003 UY banked into 2004, and all 2004 UY points available, and all 2005 points intact, for when the 2005 UY starts!

A near triple is almost a triple, but more than a double.

Toot Toot!

As to the business angle, I can only speak for myself, that buying them through my business saved me a 'real' or 'effective' 40% of the cost, plus made my maint. fees and interest deductible as well. Of course I have to report my income from renting my original 'bonus' points, but that was worth it. However, I was able to maximize my benefits from this arraingement, YMMV.

-Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter