DIS DVC 1000 Point Club (post #1 updated 02/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well having all those points is sure cheaper than buying a second vacation home.

I'm another one who finds this very interesting. I'd be interested in knowing more about how y'all came to have so many points? Start small, then lots of add-ons or did you do it all in a couple big purchases? And did anyone get so many points so that they can live my dream-become a "Winter DVCian" (in our area we have many Winter Texans, in some places they're "snowbirds") I think it must be so great to have so many points and just "have to" figure out how to use them all.

wtpclc said:
I think it's great. I now know which of our DVC "family" I can ask to borrow points from! ;) Greenban, you must know I really do love you like a brother! DId I menion I may be a couple oints short next year? :teeth:

Not a problem! You want OKW, BWV, VWL or SSR, still waiting on BCV.

Toot Toot!

-Tony

Simba's Mom said:
I'm another one who finds this very interesting. I'd be interested in knowing more about how y'all came to have so many points? Start small, then lots of add-ons or did you do it all in a couple big purchases? And did anyone get so many points so that they can live my dream-become a "Winter DVCian" (in our area we have many Winter Texans, in some places they're "snowbirds") I think it must be so great to have so many points and just "have to" figure out how to use them all.

I got the fever!

I missed the initial offering, as I visited WDW for our honeymoon in 1990. In 2000ish I stumbled on the DisBoards (please don't ask what happened to that UserID. I forgot the password, ya know!). I lurked and waited until 2003 to buy in. I bought 2 resales from the TTS via Jason (100% RECOMMENDATION!)
1) 400 Point OKW (almost a triple)
2) 300 Point BWV (a triple)

and then Disney had a super incentive for SSR.
3) 130 SSR points.

Haven't been home yet, and decided I wanted VWL. Lost out on a 270 point triple at $74 pp, I'm still smarting over that one.

4) November 2004, bought 2 - 120 point SSRs with incentive, 2004 points and 100 'Developer point'

5) December bought a 30 pont VWL direct from Disney to console my 'loss'

I rented out all the banked, developer points, and I have stayed at BWV in April 2005, OKW July 2005 and will be going to VWL December 2005, and SSR or BCV in April 2006.

I was able to buy these points via my corporation, as I also reward employees with a week at Disney. This structure made it very affordable for this purchase schedule, especially as I rented my 'excess' points. I don't think I'll be renting too much in the future, as I enjoy the 2BRs!

-Tony

P.S. Me-40's, DW-40's, DD-12, DS-9, DD-4.

I think that it is neat to see the 1000 club. I don't think anyone is showing off. It is kind of like watching MTV cribs or lifestyles of the rich and famous. It is just fun to see how the other half lives.

I stand in awe!!

From the sub-sub-par club (me and my measely 120 pts - HA!)

I'm still glad I'm a member of ANY DVC club!!!!!

:rotfl: :cool1:

Well, I'll say it--I'm a 1000 pt wanna-be! I might make it for about 15 minutes, then I will retire and sell my points so I won't have to eat dog food while vacationing in my OKW grande villa! :scared1:

I'm glad that someone took over as keeper of the points, since I like to know who has moved up(or down) on the list. Keep up the good work! :teeth:

Tony - I'm looking for a new job!

You know what my dream would be? Own enough points to live at OKW for 4 months a year.... or 5.. or 6... I think it's great many people have enough points to do something like that!!!

Right now it's storming so hard it's nearly pitch black outside! (just interesting to me, no one else..) what a downpour!

Simba's Mom:
And did anyone get so many points so that they can live my dream-become a "Winter DVCian" (in our area we have many Winter Texans, in some places they're "snowbirds")

Well, we're at 920 points -- not in "The Club" just yet.
We got ours by;
230pts + 240 pts + 250 pts + 150 pts + 50 pts.

Our 'Goal' is to reach enough points so that we can spend from the 2nd week in January thur April at WDW -- to avoid our harsh winters. I estimate that will take about 3000 points. We are working and saving in the hopes of being able to reach that point level over the next 5 years.

"Woo-Hoo!" ;)
:)

greenban said:
I got the fever!

I missed the initial offering, as I visited WDW for our honeymoon in 1990. In 2000ish I stumbled on the DisBoards (please don't ask what happened to that UserID. I forgot the password, ya know!). I lurked and waited until 2003 to buy in. I bought 2 resales from the TTS via Jason (100% RECOMMENDATION!)
1) 400 Point OKW (almost a triple)
2) 300 Point BWV (a triple)

and then Disney had a super incentive for SSR.
3) 130 SSR points.

Haven't been home yet, and decided I wanted VWL. Lost out on a 270 point triple at $74 pp, I'm still smarting over that one.

4) November 2004, bought 2 - 120 point SSRs with incentive, 2004 points and 100 'Developer point'

5) December bought a 30 pont VWL direct from Disney to console my 'loss'

I rented out all the banked, developer points, and I have stayed at BWV in April 2005, OKW July 2005 and will be going to VWL December 2005, and SSR or BCV in April 2006.

I was able to buy these points via my corporation, as I also reward employees with a week at Disney. This structure made it very affordable for this purchase schedule, especially as I rented my 'excess' points. I don't think I'll be renting too much in the future, as I enjoy the 2BRs!

-Tony

P.S. Me-40's, DW-40's, DD-12, DS-9, DD-4.

Hrmm... that's a nice little bonus for your employees. Have any openings? :teeth:

I'm still a long way from being in the club... I haven't even reach the 100 point club YET! Just thinking about the MN fees on 1000 points makes my head hurt!

Hey, maybe I'll see ya in April '06. I'm hoping I might can get a studio at BCV or BWV.

I'll just have you all know I am insanely jealous of each and every one of you as I am always in a state of borrowing.

J/K Congrats and if I ever hit the lottery I will gladly take the lead!

I'm a club wannabe. We only have 715, so we aren't even close to the club. But it's great!

I have a question: Did most of you by multiple contracts over time? Or outright?

Laurajean1014 said:
I'm a club wannabe. We only have 715, so we aren't even close to the club. But it's great!

I have a question: Did most of you by multiple contracts over time? Or outright?

I think most who posted in this thread did it over time with smaller contracts. I think that is the best way to do it.

We started with 220 points and did 5 add-ons. We are working class folks. We have lived in the same house in a lower class, inner city neighborhood for 32 years. DVC is our ONLY luxury. We have many friends and family who work very hard but cannot afford nice vacations, so we almost always take someone along and treat them to accommodations when we go to WDW. We feel so blessed to be creating happy memories with our DVC. Right now MF are not too much for us, but at some point, when mom and dad need help financially, we may have to sell some contracts. In the meantime, we are really enjoying DVC. I would be willing to bet that lots of people use their DVC like we do, whether they have 100 or 3500 points!
Jean

We feel so blessed to be creating happy memories with our DVC

Absolutely! :)
We've taken (or sent) employees, and family members and friends, on vacations that they could only dream about. Seeing (or hearing about) their reactions are repayment for the points, MF's with a huge bonus to boot! :):):):)

I read the OP and my first thought was, "Now there's some people I want to meet." You know how to live! Salut!

--Nono, who's roughly 1/5 of the way to the club!

Maybe we should have a "top 50 DUES" club... :scared1:

We bought into DVC fast and furrious. 2 resale OKW contracts for 200 & 230, then added shorty there after for 270 BWV points (for adult trips), and a total of 300 BCV points that are split up in 2 or 3 contracts (I forget... lol) We use BWV & BCV points for the 11 month window trips, and we use OKW points for everything else (mainly HHI and OKW). We invite family and friends often... and love it.

vascubaguy said:
Hrmm... that's a nice little bonus for your employees. Have any openings? :teeth:

I'm still a long way from being in the club... I haven't even reach the 100 point club YET! Just thinking about the MN fees on 1000 points makes my head hurt!

Hey, maybe I'll see ya in April '06. I'm hoping I might can get a studio at BCV or BWV.

That would be great! We always enjoy meeting other DISboarders especially DVCers!

-Tony

Major lurker with 200 points.

I think that it is great that these people have these points. I know that they are hard working folks and have saved to make these magical vacations. And giving weeks to employees, how wonderful is that???

:earsgirl:

So congratulations to you folks and feel wonderful when you take your great vacations!

:grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter