DIS DVC 1000 Point Club (post #1 updated 02/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of people could join this club with a little effort. You don’t need to be wealthy. Just make reasonable little changes to your lifestyle. For instance:

Skip that latte on the way to work, and instead of eating meals, put 5 dollars aside for each skipped meal towards DVC. If you do this consistently for 15 years (skipping all three meals each day), you can save up enough to buy 1000 pts depending on the deals you make.

Lots of people could join this club with a little effort. You don’t need to be wealthy. Just make reasonable little changes to your lifestyle. For instance:

Skip that latte on the way to work, and instead of eating meals, put 5 dollars aside for each skipped meal towards DVC. If you do this consistently for 15 years (skipping all three meals each day), you can save up enough to buy 1000 pts depending on the deals you make.

I think everyone wants to eat. I don’t think anyone is going to say if I skip supper I can put 5 dollars into dvc.

I think everyone wants to eat. I don’t think anyone is going to say if I skip supper I can put 5 dollars into dvc.
Life is full of little compromises. :p
While not eating at all is perhaps an extreme method to fund a DVC purchase, skipping meals out, overpriced coffee every day, etc. certainly frees up a fair amount of income for other priorities.

I often-time consider that the money I don't spend every week on coffee, cigarettes, alcohol, and the like is what allows me to drive an expensive car, go on vacations (including owning DVC), indulge my hobbies, etc.

I'm happy with the trade-offs I make in order to afford those things. That being said, I'd have to give up food to get 1000 points. It's not acquiring the points that's the problem, it's the thousands of dollars in MFs each year that would bust the budget.

You're so right about this! I was spending around $150 a month on Starbucks alone, not counting what we spend on food delivery. I ended up suspending my morning Starbucks runs on the way in to work and buying a high quality coffee maker. What I make at home is much better quality and I'm saving money at the same time. Point is, small adjustments add up and can make a big difference.:)

I get more nervous that they'll take away the ability to pay annual dues with gift cards. Last year I was able to save 13.5% using gift cards
That would cause anxiety too :). I hope to get to 1000 in a few years. Its extra costly for us Canadian's due to exchange but....direct prices hurt too! We close in a few weeks on our 200 point Aulani add on which gets us to 770.......look out ;)

Tell me more about this 13.5%....hmmmm

I buy my Disney gift cards in bulk. Last time there was a special above $50k, 11% off. My credit card gives me 2.5% cash back.

I guess it's not exactly 13.5 as I think about it. It's 13.225% because the 2.5 cash back is off the 89% not the 100%

I buy my Disney gift cards in bulk. Last time there was a special above $50k, 11% off. My credit card gives me 2.5% cash back.

I guess it's not exactly 13.5 as I think about it. It's 13.225% because the 2.5 cash back is off the 89% not the 100%

Where do you buy your Disney Gift cards from?

If I had known there was a Club, I would have bought a contract with 10 more points this past weekend. Story of my DVC life--always a day late and a point short.

I noticed you have 5,200 points (according to the list).

What do you - and I ask this in all earnestness - do with 5,200 points?

Big family? Maybe business? Extra long vacations?

You're so right about this! I was spending around $150 a month on Starbucks alone, not counting what we spend on food delivery. I ended up suspending my morning Starbucks runs on the way in to work and buying a high quality coffee maker. What I make at home is much better quality and I'm saving money at the same time. Point is, small adjustments add up and can make a big difference.:)

I afford DVC by having Starbucks and Disney stocks.

So please go back to buying those beautiful delicious coffees. Just kidding they don't need you - Starbucks stock is at an all time high :)

Please add me to the list! We reached 1000 points when we added 200 RIV points during the last trip in February.

I think we'll probably stop here - (said no true DVC fan ever)

I see a lot of people with exactly 1000. Why make it 1000 even? if I had enough money to get 1000 I will at least have 1001 that way I could say I have over 1000 dvc points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!