DIS DVC 1000 Point Club (post #1 updated 02/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking back on when I first bought DVC resale in 2014. (All my contracts are resale.) We were staying at Aulani and kept being asked if we were DVC members (at the restaurant, etc.) We had rented a DVC unit and really loved it and Aulani. I started obsessive studies of various boards and websites to learn about it and then plunged in. What a treat to be able to have an apartment on Disney property with kitchen, washer/dryer, etc. We have loved it.

JimC has been the "new" keeper of the flame, after our last keeper retired.

It's just a fun thing, and I would hope nobody takes it personally.

Thanx for taking on the task of the flame keeper, Jim! :drinking:

MG
I think this is a great thread -- and I hope to join your ranks soon.
I only have 665 as of now, but I started with 210, and have an incurable case of Addonitis!

So I have to ask, how many of you finance your purchases?
And do you use the points exclusively for personal use or do you rent some of the points out annually?
We currently have 450 (200 BCV Direct and 250 VGF resale) both purchased within the last month.
And within the next year I’ll be looking to add another 225 PVB, 200 BLT, and a 200 SSR (all resale) which would put us over 1000.
For us some temporarily financed and we plan on using these points for our own vacations. No intention on renting points.

Last edited:
So far I have 200 on finance with Monera but that's it. I am hoping to pay that off by the end of the year.

I use a lot and rent enough to pay dues on the annual allotment.

So I have to ask, how many of you finance your purchases?
And do you use the points exclusively for personal use or do you rent some of the points out annually?
We currently have 450 (200 BCV Direct and 250 VGF resale) both purchased within the last month.
And within the next year I’ll be looking to add another 225 PVB, 200 BLT, and a 200 SSR (all resale) which would put us over 1000.
For us some temporarily financed and we plan on using these points for our own vacations. No intention on renting points.
I’ve never felt comfortable financing my purchases - the rates aren’t that attractive and I probably focus more on bearish scenarios than is necessary - but I totally understand why others would. I do typically rent some points out. The big benefit for us is being able to host family and friends on trips. It’s much cheaper and easier than buying and maintaining a 2nd home.

I’ve never felt comfortable financing my purchases - the rates aren’t that attractive and I probably focus more on bearish scenarios than is necessary - but I totally understand why others would. I do typically rent some points out. The big benefit for us is being able to host family and friends on trips. It’s much cheaper and easier than buying and maintaining a 2nd home.

The second home view is pretty much how I look at it. Before committing to DVC, we looked at a potential second home in the area. But once you factor in all of the carrying costs associated with a second property for just a few weeks of use annually, DVC was actually the cheaper and most useful option. At this point our thought is just for personal use but I’ve been reading a lot about high point holders renting out points to cover the maintenance fees which actually is a good idea at the high demand resorts that will maintain their long term value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter