DIS DVC 1000 Point Club (post #1 updated 02/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two weeks ago on the way back from Hollywood Studios to the Beach Club. Famous last words: "Let's get out of the Skyliner and look at the DVC rooms in the Riviera. We don't have to buy right away." ;-)

315 VGF, 220 SSR, 150 BVC, 150 CCR, 160 AKL, 150 RIV

1.145 points
Welcome :)

And just nabbed another contract

This takes me now to a total of 4,000. I think that is where I will stay!
Just out of sheer curiousity... are you able to use all those points every year? I can't imagine, although I wish I could, having the time to use all of those points. I'm guessing you're just very generous to your extended family and friends or perhaps retired. I will say one of the things we like most about having our points (not nearly as much as you though) is being able to gift lodging for vacations to extended family members and friends when we are going on vacations to different destinations other than Disney.

So we're mostly studio-goers.

*does some math*

If we replaced our planned 2023 WDW stays with stays with the exact same dates at our favorite WDW DVC accommodation, a CCV Cabin, and 2BR for our VGC stays, we'd use ~3300 points for our 2023 stays. If we bumped that VGC 2BR up to a GV, it would be right around 4k points.

And 2023 is on the low side for nights in a year for us as we have to do more non-Disney travel than normal this year. So I don't think it's that hard to hit 4k, even without gifting, if you stay in the high-end DVC accommodations.

Just out of sheer curiousity... are you able to use all those points every year? I can't imagine, although I wish I could, having the time to use all of those points. I'm guessing you're just very generous to your extended family and friends or perhaps retired. I will say one of the things we like most about having our points (not nearly as much as you though) is being able to gift lodging for vacations to extended family members and friends when we are going on vacations to different destinations other than Disney.

I am able to offers stays for family and friends who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford it.

But I rent some to cover dues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter