DIS DVC 1000 Point Club (post #1 updated 02/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no concept of scale for what 1,000 points gets you. Had to look it up. Even the entire month of October in a Poly studio is “only” 500-some points.

Guessing you all use the larger rooms or are driving distance away to go multiple weeks in a year?

My husband ask me these questions the other day so I will ask you guys-

#1 Does anyone know who owns the most DVC points total? And if so, do they literally live at Disney?

#2 What is the maximum number of points a person can own at a resort? And can they own that number at numerous resorts?

My husband ask me these questions the other day so I will ask you guys-

#1 Does anyone know who owns the most DVC points total? And if so, do they literally live at Disney?

#2 What is the maximum number of points a person can own at a resort? And can they own that number at numerous resorts?
You can own a maximum of 4,000 points per resort and your aggregate across all resorts can not be greater than 8,000 points. That is directly in the multi-site POS and appears to be consistent across all resort POS. Unless there is some grandfathered people I suspect that there is likely a number of people at 8,000 points.

Last edited:
So does anyone on this list really live at Disney for a period of time? What is the longest amount of time you can stay in the same unit? I think if I had to live in the world for a prolonged period of time I think I would choose, oh, probably SSR. It seams like the most peaceful, away from the hustle and bustle of Disney if you wanted it to be. But then I probably would spend some serious time at Aulani. I could probably live there for a while, LoL.

Just closed on a 400 point BLT contract, so you can change my total to 2,590 points. I think that will be the end of me adding on till I see how the new point charts are going to work out.

That sounds like Nirvana. Congrats.
Love BLT. DH’s absolute fave. Wish he had told me before I bought Poly/BCV.
My fave is BWV. Again...wish I knew before I bought other 2 (tho great).

Again, 2,590 sounds like a dream.

It just goes to show that we all love Disney :) Though I am curious those with 1000 pts I can see using those in a year especially if going often or inviting family. My question is those with 3000+ points do you ever really go through them all or are you giving them away to family or friends or renting them to pay dues?

You can own a maximum of 1,000 points per resort and your aggregate across all resorts can not be greater than 8,000 points. That is directly in the multi-site POS and appears to be consistent across all resort POS. Unless there is some grandfathered people I suspect that there is likely a number of people at 8,000 points.
I am not sure if a way around this rule is to have different groups of individuals owning points (multiple accounts).
My first resale contract was bought from person A. When I went to the OCC site to search for the sale, one of the searches I did was looking for person A as the seller. I got lots of hits - 20-30 per year. Some were person A only, some were person A & B, some were A & C, A&B&D, A&D&E....... They were just as active in buying contracts. Now I was curious. Additional internet searches revealed person A actually owned the resale agency I bought from (so the entire offer and negotiation process takes on a new meaning) and they also own a small DVC rental company. I suspect the multiple "owners" keeps them under different owner accounts and avoids the 20 reservation rule. My only point is once someone gets so high in points, there is a possibility they are not all for personal use. They may be for themselves, it may be for themselves and friends and family, or it may be for themselves and modest rentals. Having lots of points at multiple resorts gives someone multiple 11 month booking advantages and flexibility with booking longer stays and dropping days (another booking advantage), on years you don't use a specific resort you might gift/rent those points.

I am not sure if a way around this rule is to have different groups of individuals owning points (multiple accounts).
My first resale contract was bought from person A. When I went to the OCC site to search for the sale, one of the searches I did was looking for person A as the seller. I got lots of hits - 20-30 per year. Some were person A only, some were person A & B, some were A & C, A&B&D, A&D&E....... They were just as active in buying contracts. Now I was curious. Additional internet searches revealed person A actually owned the resale agency I bought from (so the entire offer and negotiation process takes on a new meaning) and they also own a small DVC rental company. I suspect the multiple "owners" keeps them under different owner accounts and avoids the 20 reservation rule. My only point is once someone gets so high in points, there is a possibility they are not all for personal use. They may be for themselves, it may be for themselves and friends and family, or it may be for themselves and modest rentals. Having lots of points at multiple resorts gives someone multiple 11 month booking advantages and flexibility with booking longer stays and dropping days (another booking advantage), on years you don't use a specific resort you might gift/rent those points.
True that is possible. But I know if DVC finds out you are doing that they lock your points. The contract specifically states no one individual may own 4,000 per resort or 8,000 in aggregate. So I think no matter how that person own (individual, trust, company, joint, etc) Disney would/could find out. I did specifically ask this if DVC a while back out of curiosity. This was basically there response. They also said running a company renting points is against the POS.

One of the resale companies does purchase instant offers. They basically buy them cheap instantly then flip them. So it’s perhaps why you saw that. Plus they wouldn’t care about being locked out of using the points because that lockout would be lifted as soon as sold.

Last edited:
True that is possible. But I know if DVC finds out you are doing that they lock your points. The contract specifically states no one individual may own 1,000 per resort or 8,000 in aggregate. So I think no matter how that person own (individual, trust, company, joint, etc) Disney would/could find out. I did specifically ask this if DVC a while back out of curiosity. This was basically there response. They also said running a company renting points is against the POS.

One of the resale companies does purchase instant offers. They basically buy them cheap instantly then flip them. So it’s perhaps why you saw that. Plus they wouldn’t care about being locked out of using the points because that lockout would be lifted as soon as sold.
A couple of additional points I wanted to make..
1. I do not believe this individual is on this list, or am I implying/thinking anyone on this list is "running a big business".
2. I intentionally did not mention the company or individual by name. I did not feel I was mistreated or taken advantage of in my purchase. The negotiations were fine and the sale went quickly. I do not want to get the person or company to get any unwanted attention from Disney or on these boards.

A couple of additional points I wanted to make..
1. I do not believe this individual is on this list, or am I implying/thinking anyone on this list is "running a big business".
2. I intentionally did not mention the company or individual by name. I did not feel I was mistreated or taken advantage of in my purchase. The negotiations were fine and the sale went quickly. I do not want to get the person or company to get any unwanted attention from Disney or on these boards.
Agreed I wasn’t suggesting that at all. I was just suggesting a legitimate business practice that could be for why you saw what you saw. Essentially I think what they are doing is allowed with Disney.

You can own a maximum of 1,000 points per resort and your aggregate across all resorts can not be greater than 8,000 points. That is directly in the multi-site POS and appears to be consistent across all resort POS. Unless there is some grandfathered people I suspect that there is likely a number of people at 8,000 points.

True that is possible. But I know if DVC finds out you are doing that they lock your points. The contract specifically states no one individual may own 1,000 per resort or 8,000 in aggregate.

This is not accurate. The point limit is 4000 points per resort, no more than 8000 in aggregate. (pg 55 MPOS)

We recently passed the 1000 point threshold with our latest resale contract, so I guess it's time to join the club. Currently at 1165!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!