Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

Twilight Trastevere Tour

March 23rd, 2018 - I made the deposit today to secure our spot for up to 30 people
We will be split into 2 groups 4:15 & 5:00 are the tour start times
If there is still room can you add Pam and myself to the tour?

Thanks! Scott

We have 24 people so far for the food tour - the cost is $113.00 US
please let me know if any dietary restrictions (they can not accommodate gluten or dairy free).
This is the list so far -if you are not listed but interested please let me know

Karen & Kaye @apurplebrat
Jason @JWren1234
Chris & Chuck @christannj
Micki & John @NYC MM & @tardis1029
Kristy & Dustin @khertz & @DDuck4Life
Marilee & Dino @corky441
Will @met19
Kevin & Kate @Cousin Orville
Beth & Trish @MaryKatesMom
Chandra & Patty @bamagoofy
Bob & Nancy @Oilheadbob2017
Phil + Judi @TheMaxRebo
Karen & Bruce @kpiper

Thank you again for organizing and we are really looking forward to this. Since you mentioned about dietary restrictions, Judi, my wife, doesn't eat beef or pork ... she does eat other meats and seafoods though so as long as there will be enough other things for her to eat she will be find and I can just eat her allotment of beef and pork - she just wanted to make sure it wouldn't be like 90% things she couldn't eat.

Thank you again for organizing and we are really looking forward to this. Since you mentioned about dietary restrictions, Judi, my wife, doesn't eat beef or pork ... she does eat other meats and seafoods though so as long as there will be enough other things for her to eat she will be find and I can just eat her allotment of beef and pork - she just wanted to make sure it wouldn't be like 90% things she couldn't eat.

I will let them know - I think she should be fine from what I remember @khertz did trip report from 2014 and included the food tour in it

I spoke with Jen earlier today and said they can accommodate more than 30. She would reserve another time slot for us if we need it :)

I did include it in my TR and I'm pretty sure I went over all of the food we had. I didn't have a chance to look back. But from what I remember (if the tour hasn't changed much) there was not much meat at all. The only meat I can even remember was at the wine cellar stop. Everything else was pasta, cheese, pizza, cookies, etc.

... @TheMaxRebo I just went back and looked at those updates and there was only one stop with meats that also included other foods to sample. But like I said, I'm not sure if any of the stops have changed since 2014.

Last edited:
I will let them know - I think she should be fine from what I remember @khertz did trip report from 2014 and included the food tour in it

I spoke with Jen earlier today and said they can accommodate more than 30. She would reserve another time slot for us if we need it :)

I did include it in my TR and I'm pretty sure I went over all of the food we had. I didn't have a chance to look back. But from what I remember (if the tour hasn't changed much) there was not much meat at all. The only meat I can even remember was at the wine cellar stop. Everything else was pasta, cheese, pizza, cookies, etc.

... @TheMaxRebo I just went back and looked at those updates and there was only one stop with meats that also included other foods to sample. But like I said, I'm not sure if any of the stops have changed since 2014.

Thank you both for this. I do recall reading Kristy's review when she first posted it but I should go and re-read it - but based on this I think she will be fine ... and I can just eat her meat at the wine stop :D

Thanks again!

I've been struggling to find flights. Then, as if the bozos at United could read my mind (more likely, they learned how to use web analytics) they sent me this today announcing year round non-stop flights between Newark and Rome!

Screenshot 2017-07-07 15.32.20.png

For my tour- the first stop had burrata and prosciutto and melon. The next we had an aperitif. After that meatballs (combo beef/pork) and then one other stop pork shoulder. There was also rice/pasta with marinara, pasta, etc. When I first made the reservation they were able to accommodate that I prefer no pork (clearly that didn't last long as I ended up eating it anyway).

Twilight Trastevere Tour

March 23rd, 2018 - I made the deposit to secure our spot for up to 30 people

We are now up to 29 people so far for the food tour - the cost is $113.00 US
please let me know if any dietary restrictions (they can not accommodate gluten or dairy free).

***Great news***There is still room for more - I spoke with Jen today and she said if we need more space she can add another tour time. We would have spots for 45 people if we add on another time slot

This is the list so far
-if you are not listed but interested please let me know

Karen & Kaye @apurplebrat
Jason @JWren1234
Chris & Chuck @christannj
Micki & John @NYC MM & @tardis1029
Kristy & Dustin @khertz & @DDuck4Life
Marilee & Dino @corky441
Will @met19
Kevin & Kate @Cousin Orville
Beth & Trish @MaryKatesMom
Chandra & Patty @bamagoofy
Bob & Nancy @Oilheadbob2017
Phil & Judi @TheMaxRebo
Karen & Bruce @kpiper
Scott & Pam @sshaw10060
Erin & Gretchen @Enorto1
Christy @Chropistopy

Twilight Trastevere Tour

March 23rd, 2018 - I made the deposit to secure our spot for up to 30 people

We are now up to 29 people so far for the food tour - the cost is $113.00 US

Regarding payment: when is it due and how to process the payment??

I hesitated booking my flight... just 24 hours between search 1 and search 2 and it went up $1,000 (for two). I want to cry! That's an expensive mistake.

I hesitated booking my flight... just 24 hours between search 1 and search 2 and it went up $1,000 (for two). I want to cry! That's an expensive mistake.

That sucks but keep watching the flights. I've had my eye on several flight options since the dates were available and they have had some large swings on them in the $1,500 range but in a couple days to a week the price drops back down to normal. more than likely the price will come back down. We still haven't book any flights yet, still price watching but getting antsy with not having something booked yet, I keep telling myself there is still a lot of time before the trip, and hoping prices go down more. :rotfl:

Here's our current tracking as you can see that one flight has been all over the place.
flights.jpg

I just went right to delta. Think I should check a travel site?
No reason to if you definitely want to fly Delta. The prices you see on the airline website are exactly the same as you'd get on a travel site like Kayak. However, if you don't care what line you fly then use a travel site to find the best price, then go book at their website.

That sucks but keep watching the flights. I've had my eye on several flight options since the dates were available and they have had some large swings on them in the $1,500 range but in a couple days to a week the price drops back down to normal. more than likely the price will come back down. We still haven't book any flights yet, still price watching but getting antsy with not having something booked yet, I keep telling myself there is still a lot of time before the trip, and hoping prices go down more. :rotfl:

Here's our current tracking as you can see that one flight has been all over the place.
View attachment 252121

We are doing the same - been researching the best time to by based on historical trends and stuff (also hoping they add a direct flight not run by Alitalia for the day we want) - but prices have definitely gone up since we first started looking so hoping we are making the right decision and they do come back down

Thanks all! Insane how the price fluctuates so much. I actually just bit the bullet and booked today because it came down again to close to the price it was when I first saw it, still a slight increase but not $1000 increase which made me wince! I figured before I give myself an ulcer I'd just go ahead and book it. Now I will not look at prices at all because I know it will just make me sad if it goes down again LOL.

So I will be joining the party on the 444 out of JFK on 3/21. I got the Comfort + seats behind the bathroom... womp womp... But hey, I am in! Not too worried about the bathroom proximity.

I am so excited about this trip! I booked an Air B&B in Rome from 3/22-3/24. We won't be staying longer in Venice, though I'd love to, but as is this is an amazing opportunity to see all of these amazing places, I won't scoff at just a little time in Venice. We will make the most of it.

So excited to meet you all!

Thanks all! Insane how the price fluctuates so much. I actually just bit the bullet and booked today because it came down again to close to the price it was when I first saw it, still a slight increase but not $1000 increase which made me wince! I figured before I give myself an ulcer I'd just go ahead and book it. Now I will not look at prices at all because I know it will just make me sad if it goes down again LOL.

So I will be joining the party on the 444 out of JFK on 3/21. I got the Comfort + seats behind the bathroom... womp womp... But hey, I am in! Not too worried about the bathroom proximity.

I am so excited about this trip! I booked an Air B&B in Rome from 3/22-3/24. We won't be staying longer in Venice, though I'd love to, but as is this is an amazing opportunity to see all of these amazing places, I won't scoff at just a little time in Venice. We will make the most of it.

So excited to meet you all!

congrats on booking - I've been the same way - checking all the time and seeing prices fluctuate all over. latelt found an Aer Lingus flight that times work well for us, but one stop each way, for $647 total per person. Do I just go with that or wait and see if the Delta flights come down and/or if they add a non-Alitalia operated direct flight on the day I want. Definitely finding this all stressful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter