Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

From what I could find, the Sky has her maiden voyage on Feb 25th so that is probably why you haven't seen videos of her yet (but is nearly identical to the Star)

There are some great 360º videos of the Viking Sky on the Viking Ocean Cruises web site. Just google Viking Sky. We spent about an hour last night just watching the video tours and getting all excited about the ship. Considering we were originally excited about the itinerary, this should prove to be a fabulous adventure!

Just had to do something with our group and the Viking agent I was speaking with has just returned from a Viking ocean cruise.

He told me that one of the things he loved was that the onboard bakery made fresh croissants each morning and that they were served warm out of the oven.

Got that image in your head?

Now we have to wait a YEAR!!!

:hourglass

Just had to do something with our group and the Viking agent I was speaking with has just returned from a Viking ocean cruise.

He told me that one of the things he loved was that the onboard bakery made fresh croissants each morning and that they were served warm out of the oven.

You are killing me here... sigh.

Ohhhh myyyyy.

How do you decide which level of stateroom to go for? I like the idea of going for the cheapest, which would be V1 at this point, but the next step up DV6 has a couple of extra perks that may or maybe be worthwhile, that being the priority dining and shore excursions.... What do you all think?

How do you decide which level of stateroom to go for? I like the idea of going for the cheapest, which would be V1 at this point, but the next step up DV6 has a couple of extra perks that may or maybe be worthwhile, that being the priority dining and shore excursions.... What do you all think?

We picked the DV6 for just the reasons you listed. It was the cheapest option that included priority reservations for excursions and dining.

we did the same as @khertz - cheapest room that still guaranteed at least once in the specialty restaurants and and at least some priority for the excursions etc. Also cheapest level that had a fridge in the room

We were debating going up to the next level as the room is larger but we figured we are relatively small, the room still seemed large enough, and the cost difference to the cheapest of the next level would cover at least one of our plane tickets over so decided against it. But I can definitely see arguments both ways ... we'll find out in about a year if we made the right decision or not ;)

V1 and V2 are sold out.

DV6 is EXTREMELY limited

And DV5 is approaching limited status.

warm fresh croissants.....hmmm

Geez, just after I posted, I realized it might be good to introduce my wife and I to the group. We are Bob and Nancy Ryan. Recently moved to Florida in July of 2016. I retired from a major electric utility in Va. Managed to stay retired for a whole two weeks, back to work for Duke. My wife transferred to Orlando from Tyson's corner Va. She works for EY as an Executive Assistant.

We live in Groveland, Florida and so far have no regrets for moving south. So that is a little background on us, as I said earlier, looking forward to getting to know everyone else on this cruise.

Bob R.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter