Dis Dad with Non-Dis Wife and family...

Discussion in 'DIS Dads' started by GhibliFan, Mar 1, 2018.

1. GhibliFan

GhibliFan Earning My Ears

We've been to WDW a fair amount. Not as many as some but not as few as others. We went a lot more before my kid came (odd, huh?)

We've taken my DD 3 times.

My wife has been burned out on WDW for awhile now. The last time this past May, her friends invited us and we had a blast with them.

I fear, though, with her burned out and my DD not a huge fan, that I will have to argue to get another trip. I will say that she is intrigued with Star Wars land and the Star Wars themed hotel but I was hoping to visit again before then...

Anyone else in a similar boat? I would probably relocate closer and do the AP thing so I could go whenever.

Oh well...

2. GTApex

GTApex Disneyphile dad and engineer

It’s easy for at least one person in the family to get burned out by Disney over time.

Last year we did a trip out west. Started in Phoenix spent some time at the Grand Canyon. Then on to Zion. Then to Vegas, and finally on to Anaheim for a couple days at Disneyland.

The family got some variety, and I still got some Disney .

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    GhibliFan likes this.
  3. GTApex

GTApex Disneyphile dad and engineer

Also, on our California Adventure day, I took the kids for a few hours and we dropped my wife off at the hotel adjacent to the park for a massage package. This was a surprise for her from the kids and I.

Goal was to make her Disneyland experience a little less hardcore-Disney than mine.

We also stayed at a great Marriott courtyard across the street which also lowered the total amount of Disney for her (and much less expensive).

4. KenHutch

KenHutch DIS Veteran

If you can afford it lure her with a split stay. Mention its time to spend a few days at Universal and book like 3 days there (more than enough time) and finish up with 4 or 5 at WDW.