DIS Con 2022 details! >>> Schedule Update-Page 15

If GKTW does cancel I strongly encourage everyone to not ask for a refund
I get it - this is an amazing charity but for me $300 is a lot of $$$. I usually give some $ at the events as well. Just small extra donation. I also have to call my hotel, actually priceline, to see if they will refund/change because it was non-refundable. There's another chunk of money I'll lose.

What I meant was don't ask for a refund on your ticket to DisCon, not anything else. Of course try to get refunded on your hotels, the EPCOT after party, autographs, lunches, etc.

What I meant was don't ask for a refund on your ticket to DisCon, not anything else. Of course try to get refunded on your hotels, the EPCOT after party, autographs, lunches, etc.
I gotcha. I'm happy to report the off-site hotel did offer a refund so I've got that cancelled. there's one down. LOL. I hope to make it on Saturday anyway depending on what the weather is in NC. It's headed here, not as a hurricane obviously, but I have horses and I don't want to leave them in the care of someone else if the weather is going to be especially nasty. We shall see. Right now I'm thinking I'll be there either late Friday or Saturday - worst case I'll just come sunday after DISCON is over and I'll have my own little post hurricane trip.... :-(

I gotcha. I'm happy to report the off-site hotel did offer a refund so I've got that cancelled. there's one down. LOL. I hope to make it on Saturday anyway depending on what the weather is in NC. It's headed here, not as a hurricane obviously, but I have horses and I don't want to leave them in the care of someone else if the weather is going to be especially nasty. We shall see. Right now I'm thinking I'll be there either late Friday or Saturday - worst case I'll just come sunday after DISCON is over and I'll have my own little post hurricane trip.... :-(

You could ride a horse here?

Hey y'all.... has anyone received any update about DIScon whether on FaceBook, Twitter or email?

I checked my email, and I have nothing. I don't consider silence to be assent or confirmation of inaction/action. I don't do the social media, so if there have been updates there, I'm unaware of the plan for:
- Registration on Thursday
- Panels on Friday/Saturday
- DIScon Events outside of the convention space

Hey y'all.... has anyone received any update about DIScon whether on FaceBook, Twitter or email?

I checked my email, and I have nothing. I don't consider silence to be assent or confirmation of inaction/action. I don't do the social media, so if there have been updates there, I'm unaware of the plan for:
I've got nothing - but I'm glad you asked all these questions. Would be sooo nice to have a clue into this.

Hey Tiggerette…have you made your final decision yet? We are inching closer to just getting into Orlando tomorrow and riding it out. Waiting a few more hours to see if any announcements come after the 5pm update. Beyond that, I think we would be stuck trying to make it in Friday or later. If the event doesn’t end up happening…well, that would stink. Especially after the planes, trains, and automobiles I’m working with to make this happen. At least I’m hopeful that Epcot will still open on Saturday

There’s been a total lack of general info, not even regarding the storm, even just check in process and stuff

Hello all, just in case you didn't receive it, an email just went out to DIS Con ticket holders saying the following:

Thank you for purchasing tickets to DIS Con 2022 at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort.

We’d like to make you aware that due to Hurricane Ian and with safety as our number one priority, we are shifting the event to Saturday, October 1 and Sunday, October 2. We are currently in the process of working with all of the presenters and hope to share a new schedule soon, with updates being shared on the
website.

At this point, the majority of Saturday’s programming will remain the same, while most of the Friday programming will move to Sunday. The After Hours Party at EPCOT is 100% on for Saturday night.

Tickets purchased for Friday and Saturday may be used on either day, and do not need to be reissued. Should you have any questions about your tickets, please contact us at
events@gktw.org.

We truly appreciate your understanding and your support for one of Give Kids The World Village’s biggest annual fundraisers – with proceeds earmarked to make wishes come true for critically ill children and their families.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Thanks so much for your patience. As you can imagine, today has been a bevy of activity. 💜

Hello all, just in case you didn't receive it, an email just went out to DIS Con ticket holders saying the following:

Thank you for purchasing tickets to DIS Con 2022 at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort.

We’d like to make you aware that due to Hurricane Ian and with safety as our number one priority, we are shifting the event to Saturday, October 1 and Sunday, October 2. We are currently in the process of working with all of the presenters and hope to share a new schedule soon, with updates being shared on the
website.

At this point, the majority of Saturday’s programming will remain the same, while most of the Friday programming will move to Sunday. The After Hours Party at EPCOT is 100% on for Saturday night.

Tickets purchased for Friday and Saturday may be used on either day, and do not need to be reissued. Should you have any questions about your tickets, please contact us at events@gktw.org.

We truly appreciate your understanding and your support for one of Give Kids The World Village’s biggest annual fundraisers – with proceeds earmarked to make wishes come true for critically ill children and their families.

Thanks so much for your patience. As you can imagine, today has been a bevy of activity. 💜
Thank you for the update, Deni!

website.

Tickets purchased for Friday and Saturday may be used on either day, and do not need to be reissued. Should you have any questions about your tickets, please contact us at events@gktw.org.

Thank you Deni. For those still able to accommodate the new dates, what is the registration time frame? Will all guests be required to register/pick-up credentials only on Saturday and Sunday?
If also registering/picking-up credentials on Friday, what is the communication plan if the area weather or infrastructure issue impacts staff's ability to distribute credentials?
Lastly, will the registration/pick-up information be added to the FAQ or website schedule?

Thank you and safe travels for everyone, wherever you may be.

website.

Hey Deni. I’m glad they’re making some adjustment though I’m not sure how much difference it will make. I doubt those of us flying in will be able to get there until sometime Saturday if we’re lucky, and if the storm tracks up the coast even that may not be feasible. I also know a lot of people have to return home on Sunday to be back at work on Monday. At this point unfortunately I’m sure a lot of people are going to have to cancel. We haven’t made a final decision but cancellation is looking more and more likely.

From someone on the sidelines, it’s nice Orlando will be out of the woods likely by Friday but it will be moving up the coast, with many guests needing to leave their homes unattended in it's path and/or trying to FLY around it. It's short sighted to only consider Orlando's immediate weather forecast.

It's a wonderful charity and I feel terrible for them being in this mess, because it's such a good cause, but this doesn't need to happen this weekend, it can wait. It should be postponed.

Last edited:
From someone on the sidelines, it’s nice Orlando will be out of the woods likely by Friday but it will be moving up the coast, with many guests needing to leave their homes unattended in it's path and/or trying to FLY around it. It's short sighted to only consider Orlando's immediate weather forecast.

It's a wonderful charity and I feel terrible for them being in this mess, because it's such a good cause, but this doesn't need to happen this weekend, it can wait. It should be postponed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter