DIS Con 2022 details! >>> Schedule Update-Page 15

We’re scheduled to fly down Thursday am. What could possibly go wrong🤪 Hoping this cane zips thru and just leaves us with some rain bands

One can hope. I'm scheduled to drive down Thursday ... fun. I hope this cane disappears or goes west.

One can hope. I'm scheduled to drive down Thursday ... fun. I hope this cane disappears or goes west.
I don't think it's going to disappear. 24 hours earlier all but 1 of the top 10 tracks were headed towards MS/AL/LA/TX and today they are all headed to FL so maybe it's on an eastern movement and it will skirt the southern part of the state and head to the Atlantic.

I'm flying in from NY on Monday, spending a few days at Universal before moving to Disney on Thursday. I'm going to Halloween Horror Nights on Wednesday, so I'm hoping it's not a washout. 😕 My family and I were at the Grand Floridian during Irma 5 years ago and we said that was our first and last hurricane. 😬 I'm hoping everything will be fine and I have terrible anxiety so I'm trying not to panic yet. 😅

I'm flying in on Sunday and on DCL (first ever cruise) Monday to Friday before spending a few days at the parks.. :guilty: but what will be will be, can't change the weather.

Last edited:
I'm supposed to fly in Wednesday. Keeping a close eye on it and have looked into earlier flights & hotel rooms depending on what the projected path looks like come late Sunday.

I hate to say this - and don't hate me - but it doesn't look good for Florida... just depends on where it lands I suppose. If necessary I'm sure they will reschedule. I hope. :-(

I hate to say this - and don't hate me - but it doesn't look good for Florida... just depends on where it lands I suppose. If necessary I'm sure they will reschedule. I hope. :-(
What's to hate? Are you controlling the storm's direction?

If anyone wants to see the weather forecasts for West Central FL, https://watch.spectrum.net/livetv
It's Spectrum Cable and the channels should be free to watch Ch 9 is Tampa to Eastern Polk County. Channel 1213 is Central FL, Orange, Osceola and nearby counties. Both have weather every 10 minutes. 9 has in "on the nines" and 13 has it at every 10 minutes at 1 after (01, 11, 21, etc)

The Friday 5pm update from the National Hurricane Center doesn't show much change except a slight shift to the west. I did see a piece on The Weather Channel where it showed wherever the storm goes there are three scenarios, west (stays in the gulf), central (crosses FL), east, (moves to the Atlantic) and all of them have the storm north of Orlando by 5pm on Thursday by about 80 to 100 miles

Hi y'all. I don't have FaceBook and I've read upthread that some folx had issues with receiving email, so if there's a communication update about DISCon, could someone post where the update occurs? If appropriate, posting the update here would be helpful. I imagine many of us are awaiting news from con leadership as they evaluate fluid circumstances.

Time off from work is precious and don't want to (potentially) spend Thursday (and possibly Friday) dealing with travel headaches. Decided to now fly in Saturday...will miss the convention but will hopefully make it to the Epcot After Hours.

Does anyone know when the auction ends for those of us participating online from home? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!