DIS Con 2022 details! >>> Schedule Update-Page 15

I agree it can wait and should have been postponed. My first reaction was "oh boy I can still go, I'll just drive down Saturday" - I live in NC. But, I'm not sure about doing that because I have horses and we may get some ugliness in NC. I have a neighbor feeding the horses but I don't know if I'm comfortable leaving them for an event where I will miss 1/2 the panels. I don't think driving down will be fun either, depending on which way the storm tracks after exiting Florida. Driving 9 hours in a tropical storm doesn't interest me. So I though "I'll fly down - but still - probably be difficult to get a flight" - I dunno. Just going to play it by ear but at this point I'm just over it. More than anything, I hope my friends and all florida residents stay safe and evacuate if your zone is called! This is going to be ugly especially for Tampa Bay. I dunno. Guess I'll see ya'll if I see ya'll.

Hey Deni. I’m glad they’re making some adjustment though I’m not sure how much difference it will make. I doubt those of us flying in will be able to get there until sometime Saturday if we’re lucky, and if the storm tracks up the coast even that may not be feasible. I also know a lot of people have to return home on Sunday to be back at work on Monday. At this point unfortunately I’m sure a lot of people are going to have to cancel. We haven’t made a final decision but cancellation is looking more and more likely.
I'm not sure I can make it either - the storm is looking like after it exits Florida it heads up to NC where I live. I was planning on driving down but I think the drive down 95 will be dangerous will be ugly even if I wait until Saturday. It's looking like a cancellation for me as well unless something changes for the better.

I'm not sure I can make it either - the storm is looking like after it exits Florida it heads up to NC where I live. I was planning on driving down but I think the drive down 95 will be dangerous will be ugly even if I wait until Saturday. It's looking like a cancellation for me as well unless something changes for the better.
Exactly. Only considering when the storm will clear the immediate area makes no sense. They’re going to end up having an event where half of the ticketed attendees aren’t present. The locals will get there but that’s about it.

Exactly. Only considering when the storm will clear the immediate area makes no sense. They’re going to end up having an event where half of the ticketed attendees aren’t present. The locals will get there but that’s about it.
Gonna be honest here….looking at this morning’s run, I am considering cancelling again. Guess I’ll know if I’m going or not when it comes time to head to the airport. It doesn’t even look certain the storm will be out of the way by Friday. Just a mess and I don’t envy GKTW on making this call. I at a loss though to understand how these logistics gymnastics are any easier for the presenters

Pam, I concur! I was stationed at Fort Bragg, NC during Hurricane Florence and NC is very unpredictable when it comes to flooding. Sadly, I had to cancel our trip. I was so looking forward to the event. Notwithstanding, whatever you decide, please be safe! 😉
I concur, Pam! I was stationed at Fort Bragg, NC during Hurricane Florence and I was so surprised how fast and high the flooding got near me in Spring Lake, NC! 🌀 Sadly, we had to cancel our trip as I am flying in from NYC and have a feeling that my flight will be canceled out of JFK! Please take care of yourself and your horses. This goes for everyone! Please be safe!🥰

Gonna be honest here….looking at this morning’s run, I am considering cancelling again. Guess I’ll know if I’m going or not when it comes time to head to the airport. It doesn’t even look certain the storm will be out of the way by Friday. Just a mess and I don’t envy GKTW on making this call. I at a loss though to understand how these logistics gymnastics are any easier for the presenters
When are the presenters arriving? If they’re not already there today, they’ll have the same trouble as the rest of us. The whole thing is a mess and really needs to be scrapped unfortunately.

I was excited to see it pushed a day, but now seeing the latest projections for the storm, I can’t help but feel it needs to be pushed out a few months or something. (I’d say cancelled but then planning for so many people goes out the window and that would suck).
Hopefully they let us know more today as it keeps developing.
And if it’s not fully rescheduled to a new date, will people be able to get refunds if they legitimately can’t get into florida?

Hello all, just in case you didn't receive it, an email just went out to DIS Con ticket holders saying the following:

Thank you for purchasing tickets to DIS Con 2022 at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort.

We’d like to make you aware that due to Hurricane Ian and with safety as our number one priority, we are shifting the event to Saturday, October 1 and Sunday, October 2. We are currently in the process of working with all of the presenters and hope to share a new schedule soon, with updates being shared on the
website.

At this point, the majority of Saturday’s programming will remain the same, while most of the Friday programming will move to Sunday. The After Hours Party at EPCOT is 100% on for Saturday night.

Tickets purchased for Friday and Saturday may be used on either day, and do not need to be reissued. Should you have any questions about your tickets, please contact us at events@gktw.org.

We truly appreciate your understanding and your support for one of Give Kids The World Village’s biggest annual fundraisers – with proceeds earmarked to make wishes come true for critically ill children and their families.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Thanks so much for your patience. As you can imagine, today has been a bevy of activity. 💜
Thank you for update. We didn’t get email and appreciate it posting here.

Steve Amos told me that 80% of the people attending the Epcot party are locals.
hmmmm... interesting. I would have not thought it was that high. The only way I'm coming is if the storm shifts to the point where it's not going to be real nasty in my area. I'm about an hour from Charlotte, north and east of Charlotte. We're in the cone to get some nasty aftermath stuff but nothing crazy. Still, who wants to drive 9 hours in torrential rains and possible tornados ... just waiting it out I guess. I'm to the point of not even caring anymore I'm so tired of it. There's always next year.

Our flight was just canceled. It looks like all Friday flights were canceled as well. I just don't understand how they can say everything will be normal by Saturday.
there's no way it'll be "normal" as far as folks being able to get flights in and out to attend. Only if you're a local will it be "normal"

FYI. I am in MK right now. Parks and all transportation are officially closed and offline the next two days. Not sure how backlogged thjngs will be Friday, but it seems myopic not to postpone at this time.

Steve Amos told me that 80% of the people attending the Epcot party are locals.
That’s interesting, I kept seeing ads for the party in a GKTW email newsletter type thing I get. I think I receive them because of a donation I made.

So anyways I had wondered if the party was more general than the Dis community.

I have been surprised more people aren’t posting in this thread stressed about making a decision and/or looking for updates. If they are mainly locals, it makes sense.

Last edited:
there's no way it'll be "normal" as far as folks being able to get flights in and out to attend. Only if you're a local will it be "normal"
Best case scenario it’ll be “normal” for us locals on Saturday. Realistically though, the majority of us will have flooding issues and no utilities for who knows how long. We’re on the west side of Orlando (less than 10 miles from MK) and got out of Florida. I’m hoping and praying we will have a home to come back to but who knows if this thing stalls and dumps the amount of water they think it’s going to. I really think they should cancel/postpone. It’s not realistic to think we will be 100% up and running again let alone able to attend an event just a couple of days later. I was considering buying tickets a couple of weeks ago, glad I didn’t now even though we love and support GKTW.

Interesting that we just got notice that portions of Reams Rd is closed because of flooding. Reams is the road that runs behind the MK in Winter Garden and is used by many in the WG/Windermere area to get to/from Disney.

Best case scenario it’ll be “normal” for us locals on Saturday. Realistically though, the majority of us will have flooding issues and no utilities for who knows how long. We’re on the west side of Orlando (less than 10 miles from MK) and got out of Florida. I’m hoping and praying we will have a home to come back to but who knows if this thing stalls and dumps the amount of water they think it’s going to. I really think they should cancel/postpone. It’s not realistic to think we will be 100% up and running again let alone able to attend an event just a couple of days later. I was considering buying tickets a couple of weeks ago, glad I didn’t now even though we love and support GKTW.
From all the forecasts, this seems to be pretty accurate. The weather should be relatively close to normal on Saturday, but it is likely there will be some recovery time needed in terms of infrastructure for the Orlando area. Saturday isn't likely to be "normal". Best case it could just be a few roads still closed and localized power outages. But that's best case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter