Dis Breast Cancer Survivors Part IV - GAGWTA

Same to you, Elizabeth. Good to hear from you. Hope all in your family are well.

Elizabeth - wishing you a wonderful holiday too!

And while we are on the subject of thanksgiving...I am thankful for each and everyone of you beautiful ladies here!

You are all such an inspiration to me with all you have gone through, are going through and still have such strength and courage.

Personally, I am blessed beyond measure and so thankful just to be alive and still here for sure.

And on a side note..,last night I had my own litte mini-pity party, not sorry for myself but just missing dh so much. Gosh, I never usually do that. I guess with everything I went through last week, just wish he was here. Oh well, 2 more days. And I sure hope he is not a workaholic on our trip or somebody is not gonna be happy :).

GAGWTA

Totally agree with your sentiment MaryAnn. This thread has carried me through hills and valleys for over six years now. I could never have anticipated the pure joy it has brought me.

Sorry you were down. Glad your DH will be home soon. I hope he can get away from work demands for a while during your vacation. It would do you both good.

Good evening sistas

I am doing the:banana: dance as dh is coming home tomm.

Got a call from the gyn that they wanted a repeat urine sample so had ds21 take me there. Thats it. I am so done peeing in a cup. Its not even for this dr. Its for the one who she is referring me to at the end of of Dec.

If this is not good, too bad. I am just waiitng for the next dr.

Had to go to 2 stores with ds to get all the thanksgiving stuff. They only had sausage with sage. Never tried that before. I hope it is not too strong tasting. Its for the stuffing.

Talked to dh, told him about the wonderful overflowing toilet last night that ended up on the bedroom carpet. Need I say more. Ds21 rescued me as usual. He sure has some plumbing genes!

I so need this vacation for sure.

GAGWTA. Have a blessed Thanksgiving sistas.

Glad your DH is on his way, MaryAnn. I bet the stuffing will be wonderful with that sausage, since it will be mixed in with all the rest of the good stuff.

Yay for your upcoming vacation, see in Michael W. Smith, and see in those lights and decorations.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

I am getting ready to do the stuffed artichokes and artichoke balls. DD 21 is coming in after a doctor's visit, so we will start the "real cooking" when she gets here. I have the green onions, celery and parsley chopped up and ready.

Vive the bon temp rollez!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Please post how you are celebrating.

Happy Thanksgiving to All! You are one of the things I am thankful for in my life :grouphug:

I was listening to this song on my iPod last night and it made me think of all of you. It gave me a big lump in my throat as I listened to it. I would like to dedicate it to each of you now. My hope is that things do get easier as we travel our roads, even if easier means accepting our struggles and appreciating all we have in spite of our problems. I love how the voices get stronger during the song as I think it's reflective of how we do during our journeys, and I always derived strenght from the sun and the ocean and such so it's a nice visual to picture each of us "walking in the rays of a beautiful sun". :sunny:

You might have to close your eyes here and visualize the message. I love the 70's stuff :hippie: but it is a bit distracting here, lol. (I wish there was another way I could get it on here without the visuals but this is the only way I know of! :laughing: ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrotsEzgEpg

Pea-n-Me -- That's one of my favorite songs from the 70's! Thanks!

Wishing everyone here a very Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy your families!:goodvibes

Inspirational song, Linda. Love the hopeful words of that song. But you are right the video looked a little dated. Wonder how I look, dated wise?

Waiting for my guests to arrive.

Lovely day.

DD21 arrived around 4 yesterday and we made the remaining items together. Very nice moments.

Happy day for all of my friends here.

So glad I found you all. My battle started July 2010. Just found out I have liver mets. Would like to continue enjoying family vacations!

Prayers for all...

- Penny

Welcome to the thread, Penny. You will find lots of support here.:hug:

I have been on the cancer rollercoaster since June 2009. First with breast cancer and now with ovarian. Hang in there and try to stay positive. That's about the best advice I can give you right now.

So glad I found you all. My battle started July 2010. Just found out I have liver mets. Would like to continue enjoying family vacations!

Prayers for all...

- Penny

I too am glad you found us. I think we tend to slip off the first few pages of the Community board most days since that is such an active board.

Vacations and planning and anticipating them are some of the best things in life.

I assume you include WDW vacations in that number? What time of the year do you like to travel and where do you like to stay? Do you have an upcoming trip? Having something to plan for sure helps one get through the doctor visits and treatments.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Prayers for all...

- Penny

Welcome Penny. You have found a great place of support, wisdom,hugs,encouragement etc. Stick around, you are welcome here for sure!

Love your verse, I also like the one a little above it, verse 7.

I am a jersey girl too (central, middlesex county growing up). I have thy ca but its spread to my lymph nodes too.

Good afternoon sistas

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I am in the midst of laundry to get ready to pack today for tomm.

Have been following the weather forcast. Doesnt look the warmest. I will bring 1 bathing suit if I get brave, but since I already have trouble controlling my body temp I will think about it on a daily basis to see if I can brave it etc.

Also now my knee is giving me problems again, so the knee brace is definetely going into my pocketbook carryon along with ds21 leftover pain killers from his dental surgery.

Dh is dealing with the plumbing isssues. I hope its not worse than expected. I think this house is definetely turning into the money pit these days. I am thankful for the roof over my head, even though it is going to be replaced next year:)

Have a great week end everyone. Know dh is bringing the laptop, so I will try to update when I can. Hoping to meet Lisa on Thurs.:)

GAGWTA

Have a great time MaryAnn. Post if you can. I hope the weather is not too cool to swim but not so warm that you get overheated. I wish I was there to see the decorations and to meet Lisa.

We are busy getting our pictures synced between iPhones and the new Mac.

Challenging but we are determined.

I too am glad you found us. I think we tend to slip off the first few pages of the Community board most days since that is such an active board.

Vacations and planning and anticipating them are some of the best things in life.

I assume you include WDW vacations in that number? What time of the year do you like to travel and where do you like to stay? Do you have an upcoming trip? Having something to plan for sure helps one get through the doctor visits and treatments.

Hope to hear from you soon.

We love to go to WDW October/November but now that the 2 oldest kids are in high school they can't miss many days, so the last time we went was in June and boy was it hot! I'd really like to plan a trip for the week before Easter - never been down there that time of year. I guess I should see what the oncologist has in store for me.

Happy Thanksgiving a little late to all of my American friends! Well apparently we are heading down to Disneyland on December the 8th! hubby and myself and our 2 oldest grand daughters, 7 and 5. Plane tickets are paid for and hotel is booked, I just need to arrange transfers from the airport, and get them their park hopper tickets. those I buy in advance from the disney site, because it's a much better deal! then you print out the thingy at home and present it at the gate and presto you get a ticket! lol.... we have our annual passes which are good till next mid august. They are very excited!! some of you will remember my talking about how this was supposed to be a whole family trip, to celebrate my kicking cancers butt, that we first started planning only 2 weeks before our son was killed. it has dropped down from 13 of us to just the 4 of us, so that is very sad. Hubby and I had a really hard time being there in summer, and decided we needed to bring some kids with us to start making some new happy memories. I know Ken would be so happy we are bringing 2 of his girls there, but it is so painful he will not be with us. Our daughter is home from her treatment center for the weekend and it's so good to see her son giving her so many big cuddles. It seems like all I do anymore is cry, whether it be for sadness or happiness! she will be finished her treatment in a week and I honestly think she is going to beat this thing. It is an amazing facility, and we have gone for another family day and learned even more! We will be continuing with family councilling, trauma councilling and addiction councilling after she's home. Seems to be our new full time jobs. that and my appointments! I'm still waiting for my MRI appt. for my liver spot! I'm phoning again on monday to find out what the deal is?! it's been far too long, 5 weeks on tuesday. I'm still so tired, I know all the reasons why, but it still annoys the heck out of me!! I can't wait to be eating one of the amazing gingerbread mickeys on mainstreet with 2 of my dear grand babies in only 11 days! I tried listening to some Christmas music today, but it made me cry so hard. I know I would completely avoid the whole thing if it were not for the grand kids.

smiley - so glad to hear you are going for the trip with your dh and your precious dgd's.

I hope you make some magical new memories together and hope you have a wonderful trip.

Hoping your test results are favorable. I know that sure seems like a long time to wait for the results. I would call too.

Well we need to shop for a few more things. I folded dh clothes for packing. Now I have to do mine later. I feel like I need a nap for sure right now.

Told some people at chuirch I was going to Disney and one lady told me her dd and family are there right now. I will keep an eye out for them. I know her 2 little grandsons to look at etc. And they have very ethnic names, so if I hear them say them I will know its them for sure. That would really be a small world. She doesnt know me though. (her dd).

Good bye Mr. Turkey too, we are so done wtih you!! Right down to the bones, :)

Of course its going to rain tomm. when we arrive, oh well.

GAGWTA. Blessings to you all always.

smiley - so glad to hear you are going for the trip with your dh and your precious dgd's.

I hope you make some magical new memories together and hope you have a wonderful trip.

Hoping your test results are favorable. I know that sure seems like a long time to wait for the results. I would call too.

Well we need to shop for a few more things. I folded dh clothes for packing. Now I have to do mine later. I feel like I need a nap for sure right now.

Told some people at chuirch I was going to Disney and one lady told me her dd and family are there right now. I will keep an eye out for them. I know her 2 little grandsons to look at etc. And they have very ethnic names, so if I hear them say them I will know its them for sure. That would really be a small world. She doesnt know me though. (her dd).

Good bye Mr. Turkey too, we are so done wtih you!! Right down to the bones, :)

Of course its going to rain tomm. when we arrive, oh well.

GAGWTA. Blessings to you all always.

Have a wonderful time and safe travels!! I don't mind the rain, it gets rid of a lot of the crowd! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter