Dis Breast Cancer Survivors Part IV - GAGWTA

Congrats on finishing chemo, Kittylady!

Your August trip report so far is unbelievably good. Felt like I was there! The photos add so much. I love that you have another one to plan as well. You have really made use of the annual pass. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

I have a couple of february DVC reservations. Not sure which one I will keep. We are talking about a Fall manhattan trip. No progress except talking.

I am glad I am not headed to Orlando this week. Irma has me on edge. Could continue west and whack us. I am going to get supplies this morning. My brother was in town for Labor Day weekend. It's time to get back into a routine.

Thanks and thanks for reading! Yeah I need to do the next segment soon. Thankfully I haven't seemed to be suffering from chemo brain for the most part so far. I have moments I can't recall things but for the most part I do okay mentally thank goodness.

Good luck on the February trip. I'm tempted to plan one then myself, as I suspect we'll have a harsh winter and I'll want to get away to warmer weather by then.

Hope the hurricane and storms stay away from you!

ThistleMae - so sorry you are dealing with the health issues again. I hope the dr. comes up with a good testing plan so you can get the answers you need and get to the bottom of this once and for all. I am sure it is worrisome and frustrating to you. Wishing you all the best. Its goof you have the reunion trip to look forward to.

kittylady - :cheer2: for the last chemo! I will have to read your trip report. Wishing you all the best with the rads and it sounds like you will be having another great trip in the near future! Disney is a great happy place for sure!!

Laurie - a trip to NYC in the fall sounds fun. At least the weather will be cooler. Hoping Irma stays far away from you for sure!

Well I had my endo visit. It went pretty well.
My sono was clear so that will be the new baseline. My dexa scan showed bone growth in my one hip so that was really good but when I had that test I had to turn and felt a pop in my rib area. I was so miserable and in pain. I even took 2 leftover pain pills I had from my surgery. She ordered rib xrays and they were normal. I still have a soreness in my whole L chest area. I am already going to my pcp as a regular visit sept. 11, so I will ask her opinion. My one blood test was not good so that will possibly require a med adjustment and I have to have another blood test in a month. She also didnt like what the pathology report said. It was pretty vague and contained the mm versus cm mistake. So she said this is not right since its your permanent record so she is calling the pathologist in NYC this week and will get back to me. There was/is also the issue with them not stating about the rare and aggressive variant I have so we shall see.

We talked about testing and she said 6 months sonos and yearly pet scans. I asked her about the radiation of pet scans since I already had such a high dose of rai radiation the first time. Even the new rad. onc. I had say wow, that was alot of radiation. I am just trying to lower my risk of a secondary cancer which they said we are to leukemia or more at a risk sigh.

One thing that blew me away was that she said before you went to surgery I called my colleague at MD Anderson about you. I wanted to make sure I did all I could do for you before I sent you off to surgery. Wow, I couldnt believe she did that for me and that is of course the top thy ca hosp. in the us.

Talked to dh in France and Italy. Ds3 and I are talking about going to food and wine soon, we shall see. Ds1 will probably have his hip replacement surgery at HSS in NYC on sept. 27 hopefully.

GAGWTA. Thinking of you all.

So any word on your latest issue with bleeding? I'll be thinking of you.

Glad you made the July trip and agree with you on FOP...such a GREAT ride! Definitely our new favorite there.
Thank you for asking...i greatly appreciate it. I go to the docs tomorrow and i suspect ill have to go for more tests. Right now I have no one to help me drive if i need a procedure....so will see whats next. Always something. Stay tunned.

So it's been an interesting two weeks for us.

Last week I had this:

full

So chemo is now behind me, hopefully for good. My post-chemo hair situation...pretty sad but I'm coping with it via a hat and lots of headbands to hide the major bald patch on the top of my head. I still have eyebrows and eyelashes FOR NOW. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks.

Radiation will begin later this month. I have already consulted with the radio oncologist and will do my mapping on Sept 18th with her. I'm also still waiting for word on scheduling to have my port removed. I'd like to get that done as soon as possible, especially now that I've reached the maximum out of pocket on my insurance this year and won't have to pay for it.

Our Disney trip last month was FABULOUS...you can read a little about it in my links in my siggy. I'm trying to post the TR but I'm behind of course.

AND the next trip is on the horizon now as well...scheduled for 6 weeks from tomorrow! This will be a large group of friends, some who have never been, so it has been interesting to plan for 15-20 people! We are looking forward to it for sure though.

Thinking of all of you here an hope all is well.
Omg! Congrats! You are a trooper...love your smile. And another trip...wow...great! It will be very interesting to go with a large group who have never been. Good thing they have you....no novice can navigate Disney alone these days...way too complicated!

Peg and fortwildernessishome - Thinking of you both and hope you are doing ok post hurricane. Also thinking of Lisa's family and Sha.

Thistle Mae - I hope the new testing can get you some answers and on the path to healing

kittylady - hope you are doing well

Went to the pcp. She thinks I pulled a rib muscle. Doesnt know why I am not breathing well, maybe from the scoliosis. She said do to a pulmonary function test. Got a mammo script and she said I can skip the colonoscopy if I do the mail in test. Has anyone done this? She also signed the papers so I can get a handicapped parking card . That is a work in progress.

Biggest news is that Ds3 and I are going to Disney Sept. 19-25. We are staying at the Swan but the last night the Dolphin as the was was sold out. There really is not good dining left so we shall see. We have to work on the fastpasses and dining next. Ds1 hip replacement surgery is on the 27 so I want to see him and then dh is heading to the west coast and then to Korea so it will be a crazy month in oct. for us for sure.

We made it through Irma! Very intense night. Between 2 and 3 am, the winds sounded like they would rip the house apart. Our house is so new. I can't imagine being in an older home with roof issues! The windows rattled so bad, I was afraid they'd break. But, no real issues. We didn't even lose power! Many neighborhoods around us did. We had a small tree tip over and our fence was damaged, but that was it. We were very lucky. My heart goes out to those who didn't fair as well.

Thinking of you all!

Peg and fortwildernessishome - Thinking of you both and hope you are doing ok post hurricane. Also thinking of Lisa's family and Sha.

Thistle Mae - I hope the new testing can get you some answers and on the path to healing

Went to the pcp. She thinks I pulled a rib muscle. Doesnt know why I am not breathing well, maybe from the scoliosis. She said do to a pulmonary function test. Got a mammo script and she said I can skip the colonoscopy if I do the mail in test. Has anyone done this? She also signed the papers so I can get a handicapped parking card . That is a work in progress.

Biggest news is that Ds3 and I are going to Disney Sept. 19-25. We are staying at the Swan but the last night the Dolphin as the was was sold out. There really is not good dining left so we shall see. We have to work on the fastpasses and dining next. Ds1 hip replacement surgery is on the 27 so I want to see him and then dh is heading to the west coast and then to Korea so it will be a crazy month in oct. for us for sure.

So much going on for you...but have fun on your Disney trip. Sometimes not having too many reservations is okay...works out better for FP's. I eat in the countries a lot, so many choices for QS. I'm sure you'll have a blast!

So...I have another procedure scheduled for Sept. 28th, which is a same day surgery. They will do a scope and D&C so we will know what's going on. Here we go again. So many days of waiting...how do you all get through all the anxiety?

Omg! Congrats! You are a trooper...love your smile. And another trip...wow...great! It will be very interesting to go with a large group who have never been. Good thing they have you....no novice can navigate Disney alone these days...way too complicated!

Thanks so much! Yes should be a fun trip for sure.

Thanks...doing well.

Ouch about the pulled muscle...hope that all works out.

YAY about your upcoming trip...that's not too far away! We've stayed at the Swan before...it was years ago but it was nice. FPs may be tough but I'm sure you'll figure it all out. Sounds like a very crazy month for your family.

We made it through Irma! Very intense night. Between 2 and 3 am, the winds sounded like they would rip the house apart. Our house is so new. I can't imagine being in an older home with roof issues! The windows rattled so bad, I was afraid they'd break. But, no real issues. We didn't even lose power! Many neighborhoods around us did. We had a small tree tip over and our fence was damaged, but that was it. We were very lucky. My heart goes out to those who didn't fair as well.

Thinking of you all!

Glad all is well there!

So...I have another procedure scheduled for Sept. 28th, which is a same day surgery. They will do a scope and D&C so we will know what's going on. Here we go again. So many days of waiting...how do you all get through all the anxiety?

UGH...well glad you have a plan but I agree on the waiting...can't imagine. I think the anxiety of waiting will be with all of us forever now unfortunately. :(

Well in my news, I have rushed my surgery to have my medical port removed so that's next Tuesday. That will be surgery #3 for me this year so far...yay. I meet with the radio oncologist on Monday for my tatoos and working on my radiation scheduled, but at this point we may have to push that back due to the travel I have planned for October so far. I think she'll be okay with that though.

Hope all is well with everyone!

I do have to say that everyone in radiation was so nice. They make a very serious situation seem like coffee with the girls. Thank you to all the medical staff for taking care of us!

Thistle Mae - wishing you all the best with your procedure. Been there and had that done too.

kitty lady - thinking of you too and hope things are going well and on track for you

Well our trip was hot and busy., Ds3 goes from morning till night. He pushed me alot because he said I didnt walk fast enough for all he wanted to do. We ate at food and iwne. Saw pandora. Did the river ride and he did the fop. We both were underwhelmed by the rivers of light show. Will write more later

Please say a prayer for ds1 as his hip replacement surgery is tomm. Dh and ds3 will be with him and then thurs. ds3 will be with him as dh has an important meeting he cant miss.

GAGWTA

Thistle Mae - wishing you all the best with your procedure. Been there and had that done too.

kitty lady - thinking of you too and hope things are going well and on track for you

Well our trip was hot and busy., Ds3 goes from morning till night. He pushed me alot because he said I didnt walk fast enough for all he wanted to do. We ate at food and iwne. Saw pandora. Did the river ride and he did the fop. We both were underwhelmed by the rivers of light show. Will write more later

Please say a prayer for ds1 as his hip replacement surgery is tomm. Dh and ds3 will be with him and then thurs. ds3 will be with him as dh has an important meeting he cant miss.

GAGWTA
My procedure is the day after tomorrow. My sister is bringing me. I'm sure your DS1 will do great after his hip replacement....everyone I know who had it done has had pretty quick recovery compared to the knee. I'm still working on the knee after 10 mos. It's greatly improved but I still have pain going up and down stairs or in certain positions. They say a year or more for full recovery...but I did all the Disney walking without assist, so proud and glad for that. I know what you mean about pushing to hurry here and there, that's my DD and grandkids, they are like tornadoes! I go with them in February and I'm sure I'll tire pretty quickly but I'm determined to keep up! I'm sending fairy dust to your DS1 for his surgery...I'll think of him when I'm out walking with my sister tomorrow! Last day before the knife...LOL! pixiedust:

Prayers said, lmp. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

ETA prayers for ThistleMae too, I'm sorry, I missed that.

GAGWTA

Last edited:

GAGWTA

So glad you had a nice trip despite the heat. I haven't seen ROL yet so I don't know much about it. Hope your DS1's hip surgery goes well!

My procedure is the day after tomorrow. My sister is bringing me. I'm sure your DS1 will do great after his hip replacement....everyone I know who had it done has had pretty quick recovery compared to the knee. I'm still working on the knee after 10 mos. It's greatly improved but I still have pain going up and down stairs or in certain positions. They say a year or more for full recovery...but I did all the Disney walking without assist, so proud and glad for that. I know what you mean about pushing to hurry here and there, that's my DD and grandkids, they are like tornadoes! I go with them in February and I'm sure I'll tire pretty quickly but I'm determined to keep up! I'm sending fairy dust to your DS1 for his surgery...I'll think of him when I'm out walking with my sister tomorrow! Last day before the knife...LOL! pixiedust:

Will be thinking of you and hoping everything goes well!

As for me...everything is going good. Port was removed last week, quickest surgery EVER! Still recovering and bruised and sore a bit but I'll be fine. Had my radio oncology mapping last Monday...that was interesting and agreed that both technicians were SUPER nice! Will wait and see if we end up going with a back or stomach position, so I was checked for both and got my first tattoos...6 of them! Radiation is scheduled to begin October 9th as we are working around two planned vacations I have in October.

Hope everybody else is well!

So glad you had a nice trip despite the heat. I haven't seen ROL yet so I don't know much about it. Hope your DS1's hip surgery goes well!

Will be thinking of you and hoping everything goes well!

As for me...everything is going good. Port was removed last week, quickest surgery EVER! Still recovering and bruised and sore a bit but I'll be fine. Had my radio oncology mapping last Monday...that was interesting and agreed that both technicians were SUPER nice! Will wait and see if we end up going with a back or stomach position, so I was checked for both and got my first tattoos...6 of them! Radiation is scheduled to begin October 9th as we are working around two planned vacations I have in October.

Hope everybody else is well!
I have to say the tattoo's aren't very artistic...LOL! I wonder if they would consider doing a Disney one?

Did my D&C this morning. Feeling better than I did when I got the office biopsy. Not in any pain, hardly bleeding. So now I wait for another week or so for the results. Thank you to everyone in here for being so supportive. It really helps doesn't it?

Greetings everyone!

Thistle Mae - thinking of you as you wait for the results.

kitty lady - Thinking of you too with the rads

Smiley - Happy Thanksgiving!!

Ds1 hip replacement surgery went well, He only stayed in the hosp. overnight. I think he should have stayed another day. But he insisted on coming home and poor dh had that meeting so he also had to travel back and forth to the city 6 hours that day. Ds3 has just been the best taking care of ds 1. He prefers him over me. He does personal and dressing care. The nurse came and thought ds3 was kidding around when he said he was a nurse. I think because he has such a young look to him. So he helped her change the dressing. The nurse is coming on monday to take out the staples and the physical therapist comes three times a week. She does not stay long or does not do as much as I think she could do with him. Even ds said I have to pay a $40 copay for this. lol.

Sat. I might go get a blood test I need and then next sat. dh is off to south korea for a week. I am glad ds3 has had alot of time off from work. He is so helpful with ds1 but tomm. he is going to a chemo class but ds is starting to do more for himself so that helps. He was in alot of pain for days poor guy.

GAGWTA. Hope everyone is doing well.

Thistle Mae and kitty lady - thinking of both of you

Ds1 is progressing. Using the cane and took a real
Shower today. Got the staples out. One got stuck so she said go to urgent care. Dh came home and looked at the staple remover she left. He took a plier and bent it and then proceeded to take out the twisted and embedded staple. Yup same guy who did liked 300 dressing changes on me. Love this guy!

Ds is suppose to start outpatient pt thurs. If he can get there.

Ds3 is taking me for the blood test today and dh is off to South Korea on sat.

GAGWTA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter