Dirty Martini anyone...?

Viki

<font color="green">Mid-town Manhattan, anyone?</f
Well, let's see, so far this season I've watched the Eagles lose.
So far this weekend, I've watched the Patriots lose.
So far this day, I'm watching the Colts lose.

So, dear friends, borrowing a page from Mrs. "Book of Daniel" (or did she borrow it from me???), I have reached for the Sunday afternoon Dirty Martini, true and faithful friend, who might be able to spread a bit of pixie dust over even this mess.

Anyone else? You? Yes, you dear? And Mike, and all my fellow Lutherans and sister Anglicans, anyone?

Of course, there's always those Desperate Housewives and those Leaping Lesbians to look forward to as the day moves on!

"Every home owner should have top shelf vodka for it's guests"

but alas I am sick as a dog this weekend, so it's Cherry flavored nyquil on the rocks for me.

150,000 home builders in town last week, and one of them gave me a head cold!

Oh, no, Mike! Yuck.

But, listen, don't capitulate so soon - what a dirty martini can't fix, a good double shot of single malt 18-year aged Glenmorangie (or SOME equivalent!!!), can cure!

Surely, you have something?

Mike - I can sympathize. I've had a sore throat & sinus infection for about 5 days now. I'm used to sinus infections but the throat thing is annoying. I've been taking some nyquil-like stuff at night but to no avail.

Viki - I like the way you think! Since the traditional method isn't helping I've been leaning towards a glass of good cab tonight ... but maybe some Jameson's Irish whiskey might be just what the doctor ordered (hey, I'm Irish Catholic, not Lutheran so I have to go with my heritage;) ). By the way, I caught the last few minutes of the game and I was hoping the Colts would pull it out for Tony Dungy's sake.

Saxton said:
Mike - I can sympathize. I've had a sore throat & sinus infection for about 5 days now. I'm used to sinus infections but the throat thing is annoying. I've been taking some nyquil-like stuff at night but to no avail.

Viki - I like the way you think! Since the traditional method isn't helping I've been leaning towards a glass of good cab tonight ... but maybe some Jameson's Irish whiskey might be just what the doctor ordered (hey, I'm Irish Catholic, not Lutheran so I have to go with my heritage;) ). By the way, I caught the last few minutes of the game and I was hoping the Colts would pull it out for Tony Dungy's sake.

Ooooh, Sue, I'm part Irish, so you know I feeeeeeell you that the Colts ALMOST pulled it out. Ugghhhhh.

Right now, I'm on my third dirty martini, hanging out with my my partner, my neighbor, and our combined three dogs (2 border collies and a golden), and watching the Panthers hang on by their claws!

Viki - you're on your 3rd??? Wow, I've really got some catching up to do ... I better get the bottle of Jameson's off the bar asap! What do they say: "feed a cold, starve a fever, intoxicate a sinus infection" - well, it's something like that.

Saxton said:
Viki - you're on your 3rd??? Wow, I've really got some catching up to do ... I better get the bottle of Jameson's off the bar asap! What do they say: "feed a cold, starve a fever, intoxicate a sinus infection" - well, it's something like that.

Honey, I started with a glass of pinot noir at 2 PM, quickly moved to a dirty martini at about 4:00 pm and have been nursing that one and one more ever since. I'd seriously contemplate a 4th, but we're out of vodka! My word, what has civilized socitey come to. I should probably find some Anglican friends.

Well after spending the entire day either on the couch or in bed in a drug induced coma, I am finally awake. Feeling a little better, but my pastor has advised me that I should probably make a rum and coke in preperation for Desperate Housewives.

I figure the rum will take my mind off my misery, and the coke will help with the congestion.

Right?

Cant wait to see how Bree is dealing with her gay son! Afterall I slept throught the Book of Daniel being so sick!

OrlandoMike said:
Well after spending the entire day either on the couch or in bed in a drug induced coma, I am finally awake. Feeling a little better, but my pastor has advised me that I should probably make a rum and coke in preperation for Desperate Housewives.

I figure the rum will take my mind off my misery, and the coke will help with the congestion.

Right?

Cant wait to see how Bree is dealing with her gay son! Afterall I slept throught the Book of Daniel being so sick!

Mike, rum is not as nearly as neat as scotch whiskey, but if it's all you've got, get to it!

Viki said:
Oh, no, Mike! Yuck.

But, listen, don't capitulate so soon - what a dirty martini can't fix, a good double shot of single malt 18-year aged Glenmorangie (or SOME equivalent!!!), can cure!

Surely, you have something?
Go for Laphroaig! Once you get the flavor of peat, you'll never go back for anything else (well, at least whiskey-wise)

Michael

Opened the fridge and grabbed a beer, for some reason that sounds good right now.

Nice and cold on my sore throat.

Well the "Sunday Saga" starts in 15 minutes, cant wait!

And I am drinking wine (for my sore throat). Let's all pretend that we are at the Rose and Crown tonight - this is our virtual reality pub! Pull up a stool and joing us.

Well, even though I said go for Laphroaig, I've just been told we're heading out for Mexican food, so it's margaritas for us tonight... funny, it was margaritas for us last night, as well.... I'm thinking Friday night we did something VERY similar. Tequila is a very good friend. :hyper:

Michael

No dirty martinis for me.... :crazy2: I'm not an olive fan.

Although we did have a great weekend with friends that included Margarita's for me and Long Island Iced Tea for my husband.

As a former resident of Colorado, I must root for the Broncos to go to the Super Bowl. That way I have a "reason" to watch the beer commercial extravaganza.

I'm WAAAAAY behind in my Despirate Housewives, Lost, Grey's Anatomy. But thank you technology for our DVR.

Randall

:earsboy:

Hey, Mike, we must have been sipping from the same glass. I woke up this morning with your cold and loads of work in front of me. Ugh! Hope you're feeling better.

Physically I am much better, mentally I am still dragging from all of those nasty meds! LOL Even asprin makes me "dumb"!

We are such creatures of habit ... every Friday night is "Mexican Night" at our house. I luv me some Patron Silver!! And my wife makes the absolute best Margaritas!

Viki - we bought some Vanilla Martini mix at Williams Sonoma over the weekend. That's on my drink menu next weekend. I'm still wanting to try one your dirty way :scared1: too.

Boy, I wish we were all back at the Rose and Crown!! ::yes::

Darn too bad I missed this thread yesterday, it would have given me the encouragement needed to top off my Diet Blackcherry Vanilla Coke with the Capt Morgans!

Either that or fix a mango martini... mmmm
Oooo, or a White Chocolate Martini! (lil white chocolate Godiva, vodka, & an optional splash of milk)... mmmmm

I don't do the dirty ones, I like mine fruity! :teeth:

I do love a good shot of any Patron...no Margarita's for me. I am also a Martini Master. I have every flavor of Van Gogh, in addition to Grey Goose, Pravda, Stoli's and, Belvedere. Myfriends and family always tease me that they are planning an intervention. Well tonight I will be spending time with Mr. Belvedere and a little Mango Van Gogh.

pamdaniels said:
I do love a good shot of any Patron...no Margarita's for me. I am also a Martini Master. I have every flavor of Van Gogh, in addition to Grey Goose, Pravda, Stoli's and, Belvedere. Myfriends and family always tease me that they are planning an intervention. Well tonight I will be spending time with Mr. Belvedere and a little Mango Van Gogh.

Oooh, I like your style Pam. Last night it was just two glasses of pinot noir. I TRY to save the martinis for Sunday afternoon and I'm much more into savory than sweet (which is a nice way to say I like the taste of liquor), though my partner makes a great watermelon-tini.

Do you have any favorite recipes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter