Dinosaur ride- is it scary for grown ups?

bugarwitch

Mouseketeer
Have near been on the Dinosaur ride. Have watched it on YouTube, but can't tell much from the videos. Is it super jerky/bumpy? I suspect at some point, in the dark, a dinosaur comes out and growls. I am clearly an (older) adult, but just don't know what to really expect. Any insights friends?

Its very bumpy and jerky. While I wasnt "scared" I didnt really like the ride. It scared my normally brave 7yr old to the point of crying.

I found it to be loud, dark, very jerky. It was closed on our visit in Sept, but I have skipped it the last couple times we have been. My kids are wanting to ride it, though- mostly to compare to Indiana Jones at DL, which they love. I will ride anything at WDW- Dinosaur isn't my favorite.

How bad is the sound level, exactly? I'm a little sensitive when it comes to sound (I always jump at loud sounds in movie theaters, it's so annoying), and I'm a little worried about how loud this ride supposedly is.

The ride is bumpy, jerky, loud, and a lot of fun. I wouldn't consider it scary for anyone over like 12 or 13 yrs old, but everyone is different

How bad is the sound level, exactly? I'm a little sensitive when it comes to sound (I always jump at loud sounds in movie theaters, it's so annoying), and I'm a little worried about how loud this ride supposedly is.

I wouldn't say it's bad at all..but it is loud. It's not loud as in all of a sudden scary loud sounds like in a movie. Just loud in the sense you traveled back in time to catch a Dino

I wouldn't say it's bad at all..but it is loud. It's not loud as in all of a sudden scary loud sounds like in a movie. Just loud in the sense you traveled back in time to catch a Dino
Okay that doesn't really help, but thanks I guess.

I am an adult and I think it's pretty scary. I don't like the ride one bit, but usually go on with others in my group and keep my eyes closed and grip the bar the entire time. The darkness and sudden jerking really gets to me for some reason.

I am an adult and I think it's pretty scary. I don't like the ride one bit, but usually go on with others in my group and keep my eyes closed and grip the bar the entire time. The darkness and sudden jerking really gets to me for some reason.
many, many years ago, I went on Space Mountain. HATED IT and swore I would never ride it again- and haven't. Have been on the Indiana Jones ride once, also years ago, and remember it was fun, but so jerky! Rode Expedition Everest in 2015. It was great- until we got to the bottom of the backward drop. Felt like I was having a heart attack or something! Must have been the g force?- very weird feeling! Maybe I am just getting too old for this stuff? So...which is better/worse- Space Mountain, dinosaur, or Expedition Overset?? I've got to ride something! LOL!!!!

many, many years ago, I went on Space Mountain. HATED IT and swore I would never ride it again- and haven't. Have been on the Indiana Jones ride once, also years ago, and remember it was fun, but so jerky! Rode Expedition Everest in 2015. It was great- until we got to the bottom of the backward drop. Felt like I was having a heart attack or something! Must have been the g force?- very weird feeling! Maybe I am just getting too old for this stuff? So...which is better/worse- Space Mountain, dinosaur, or Expedition Overset?? I've got to ride something! LOL!!!!

I think they are apples and oranges! Expedition Everest does have that intense g-force feeling at the exact spot you mentioned. Dinosaur doesn't have anything like that. It is the exact same platform and type of ride vehicle as Indiana Jones. I think Indiana Jones is a MUCH better ride overall, but the jerkiness, etc, is the same. I think Dinosaur is darker/louder but it will be more similar to Indiana Jones than either of the others.

I like it. It is loud and bumpy- but a pretty fast ride.
My kids- at the last trip- 7 and 9- were not fans! The ride photo was the best- I was pointing right at the dinosaur telling them, there it is like I told you- it's fake, etc. My 9 year old was hiding and my 7 year old had just this priceless face! They tell me they will not ride it again!

Last question about sound level, is it louder or quieter than the Terminator show at Universal? I saw that show in Hollywood and I had to plug my ears the whole time, and it was still incredibly loud.

Okay that doesn't really help, but thanks I guess.

It's loud but not in something loud that you didn't see coming "scary" type loud. It's dinosaurs roaring. The ride isn't loud the entire way through, but it does have the loudest sounds out of any WDW ride.

If you're frightened by loud noises or have sensitive ears then I would skip the ride

Have near been on the Dinosaur ride. Have watched it on YouTube, but can't tell much from the videos. Is it super jerky/bumpy? I suspect at some point, in the dark, a dinosaur comes out and growls. I am clearly an (older) adult, but just don't know what to really expect. Any insights friends?
You and everyone are wearing a simple lap-belt and have a handrail to hold on to while sitting inside an open Jeep-like vehicle to travel through time.

The ride along the mostly dark path brings you up close to encounters with animated dinosaurs of all types and sizes. There are one or two stops along the way that can cause some folks, even adults, to be startled.

Can this be scary? Most adults would say it's not scary for adults (because we know it's animated).

But the bumping around is very real. So too is darkness.

Yes, can be loud if you have sensitivity...because pandemonium is being simulated.

It's my only "never ever again" ride st Disney. It's loud, bumpy, jerky. I hated it. I felt like I was being shaken out of my underwear.

It seems to really divide opinion, I didn't think much to it years ago, neither loved or hated it, it was a bit "meh". My mum hated it, said she felt like she was going to fall out of her seat (she's dramatic). Just give it a go, you'll never know till you try, if you hate it, it's over in a few minutes, nothing terrible will happen to you. Or you may end up liking it and wanting to ride again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter