Dinning Suggestions

vharris2828

Mouseketeer
I am just curious what everyone's favorite dining experiences have been in either Disneyland or California Adventure. We have done a few of the character breakfasts/dinners, and we may do that again, but I am also tempted to try something new. I know about blue bayou and thought it would be fun, but debating if its a good fit with younger kids (we have 7, 5, 2, 0) yikes that looks crazy actually typed out lol. They do pretty well going out to eat and really enjoy new dining experiences (they are weird and enjoy things like calamari, sushi, etc. so are very open to trying new stuff.) Our trip is coming up quick in January so I need to get reservations! Thank you in advance :)

I am just curious what everyone's favorite dining experiences have been in either Disneyland or California Adventure. We have done a few of the character breakfasts/dinners, and we may do that again, but I am also tempted to try something new. I know about blue bayou and thought it would be fun, but debating if its a good fit with younger kids (we have 7, 5, 2, 0) yikes that looks crazy actually typed out lol. They do pretty well going out to eat and really enjoy new dining experiences (they are weird and enjoy things like calamari, sushi, etc. so are very open to trying new stuff.) Our trip is coming up quick in January so I need to get reservations! Thank you in advance :)
We have been going to the Craftsman Bar lately... however now my little guy wants to stay at the Grand so he can swim "in that big pool" lol!

I'd say Goofy's Kitchen, but it sounds like you may have done that. Blue Bayou is fun - kids love it and there's plenty of kids in there - so I'd go with that if you've never been.

Tangaroa Terrace has a fun outdoor atmosphere with tiki torches. Might also want to look at Jazz Kitchen or Tortilla Jo's as well for a fun vibe.

Carthay Circle and Lamplight Lounge are good places in DCA, but I'm not sure that either atmosphere is all that much "fun" for kids, although that's not to say they wouldn't enjoy it.

oh the plaza inn has the best fried chicken in the world and the French market which I just tried for the first time was very good. Carthay circle was a huge dissappointment

We are locals and weekly visitors. My favorites are these:

Disneyland: Plaza Inn, Red Rose Tavern, Docking Bay 7, Bengal BBQ, Carnation Cafe (the only sit down I bother with at this park)

DCA: Flo's V8 Cafe, Smokejumpers Grill, Lamplight Lounge, Alfresco Terrace, Carthay Circle

Downtown Disney: it's all good here, IMO. Favorites are Naples, Catal, Uva Bar, Ballast Point, Tortilla Joe's, Ralph Brennans Jazz Kitchen

Hotels: Napa Rose, Craftsman Grill (CS), Steakhouse 55.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter