Dining packages for MSEP?

We still have about 6 weeks until our trip and are awaiting other reviews and the fireworks schedule (if any) to post. If there are not fireworks on weekends in September, we may bail on this package and just get a spot over by IaSW. The appeal of the package is hassle-free parade viewing and being able to see the fireworks from Main Street afterwards. Sounds like those two items are still up in the air.

Thanks for the warning! I'll have to remember to steer clear of that. Glad you got a good spot and enjoyed the package and the parade.
The cheesecake itself taste fine, but the flavoring leaves a bad after taste. And that’s what set off the migraine. What is interesting though is the 3 layer cake, that’s obviously has dye in it, didn’t have the weird flavoring.

This is what I am excited about. For a regular parade, I would normally skip on doing a dining package. But since this one is so popular, I think that it can be worth it. I feel like as I go to DL more, I am starting to see the value in a lot of the dining packages. Yes they are expensive, but sometimes you have to pay to save time (and your sanity, lol).

yes at WDW we saw it many times and I wouldn’t have even considered doing a dining package. But since it left and will be at DL I don’t want to stress about seeing it. It’s my husbands favorite and who knows if we’ll ever see it again.

We still have about 6 weeks until our trip and are awaiting other reviews and the fireworks schedule (if any) to post. If there are not fireworks on weekends in September, we may bail on this package and just get a spot over by IaSW. The appeal of the package is hassle-free parade viewing and being able to see the fireworks from Main Street afterwards. Sounds like those two items are still up in the air.
Yes that’s the only reason I booked this. Hassle free parade viewing. If that is not going to be the case I may cancel too.
Everyone that attends please keep us updated on the experience. I hate that some people didn’t even get a seat in the reserved area!

We did the Plaza Inn Electrical Parade dining package on Saturday and were extremely disappointed with the parade viewing. We arrived at the reserved area about 10 minutes prior to the earliest entry time posted on the voucher, only to find that they had opened the viewing area even earlier than what was advertised. People were already seated several deep back from the curb and then to add insult to injury, a while later we were informed that everyone not seated on the curb would be required to stand at parade time. If they would have allowed everyone to sit, the viewing would have been great, but for some odd reason this was not the case. So much for being able to see through the tall people standing in front of us. If we would have known about the requirement to stand, even a few minutes prior to the cast member's announcement, we would have easily been able to exit the so called "premium" reserved viewing area and stand at many places on Main Street or even directly across the street. We would have been able to stand right behind those seated on the curb and been able to see the parade. What shocked me even more was that those that arrived after us, but still during the seating window on the voucher were 6, 7, even 10 rows back from the curb. The cast members kept moving the rope back nearly to the flagpole flowerbed. There were some people in those rows that were obviously much too short to see any of the parade. I guess maybe they could have seen Pete sitting high on Elliott or some of the taller floats. If you are doing this package, make sure you arrive very very early or you will be disappointed. This seems like it was just a hasty cash grab by Disney and made for an extremely disappointing parade viewing experience. It's unfortunate, as the parade was the main reason for our whirlwind weekend trip down from Oregon and we only had the one opportunity to view it.

We did the Plaza Inn Electrical Parade dining package on Saturday and were extremely disappointed with the parade viewing. We arrived at the reserved area about 10 minutes prior to the earliest entry time posted on the voucher, only to find that they had opened the viewing area even earlier than what was advertised. People were already seated several deep back from the curb and then to add insult to injury, a while later we were informed that everyone not seated on the curb would be required to stand at parade time. If they would have allowed everyone to sit, the viewing would have been great, but for some odd reason this was not the case. So much for being able to see through the tall people standing in front of us. If we would have known about the requirement to stand, even a few minutes prior to the cast member's announcement, we would have easily been able to exit the so called "premium" reserved viewing area and stand at many places on Main Street or even directly across the street. We would have been able to stand right behind those seated on the curb and been able to see the parade. What shocked me even more was that those that arrived after us, but still during the seating window on the voucher were 6, 7, even 10 rows back from the curb. The cast members kept moving the rope back nearly to the flagpole flowerbed. There were some people in those rows that were obviously much too short to see any of the parade. I guess maybe they could have seen Pete sitting high on Elliott or some of the taller floats. If you are doing this package, make sure you arrive very very early or you will be disappointed. This seems like it was just a hasty cash grab by Disney and made for an extremely disappointing parade viewing experience. It's unfortunate, as the parade was the main reason for our whirlwind weekend trip down from Oregon and we only had the one opportunity to view it.
If this continues to be the report, I will likely cancel.

I was there too. My friend went last week and she said to get there early or right when the voucher time began. I went to sit on the benches by the train station around 7:50 to wait until 8:15 (the time printed on the vouncher) because I was soo exhausted and wanted to sit down. But when I was over there I noticed them letting people come in. So I checked in too and that’s how I got a curb spot to sit.

I think what they need to do is allow packages for the 2nd parade. It sounds like it’s just too crowded with the amount of packages sold with the small space they have.

same I have a reservation for the 17th..and reading these reports especially for a party of 8...is very dissapointing I rather just line up early along the route and save a bunch of money :D

I made a reservation for 9/1. Will be monitoring reviews and may cancel if needed. Although, I am not sure too many other nights I can get over for the parade.

Thank you so much! Not sounding like it’s worth the extra money for that many people crowded into an area with a bad view!

I am planning on possibly doing the Plaza Inn dinner package next week. Does anyone know if the reserved viewing area for the parade will be good for the fireworks after? It seems to me that the reserved viewing area will be in front of the railroad station. I've never seen the fireworks show at DL either and would love any advice if this dining package is worth it for the EMSP and possibly the fireworks as a bonus?

I am planning on possibly doing the Plaza Inn dinner package next week. Does anyone know if the reserved viewing area for the parade will be good for the fireworks after? It seems to me that the reserved viewing area will be in front of the railroad station. I've never seen the fireworks show at DL either and would love any advice if this dining package is worth it for the EMSP and possibly the fireworks as a bonus?
They will remove the ropes once the parade is over, but you can stand and turn around and watch from the same spot

I've never done a dining package before and the only reservations available were for 2:30pm. How strict are they about check-in time? Would they let us get our meals a bit earlier? Or pick up our meal vouchers and come back to use them later, closer to 4pm?

We ended up canceling our package (it conflicted with Fantasmic BB package timing) and we're glad we did. We were able to find a spot for the 2nd parade on a Friday night no problem near Matterhorn. And the 1-3 window for a Plaza lunch wasn't our first pick for a meal anyway.

We ended up canceling our package (it conflicted with Fantasmic BB package timing) and we're glad we did. We were able to find a spot for the 2nd parade on a Friday night no problem near Matterhorn. And the 1-3 window for a Plaza lunch wasn't our first pick for a meal anyway.

1-3 didn’t work for us either. What a strange narrow window to offer it!

I’m pretty sure I’m going to cancel as well. :sad1:
It really had the potential to be great thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter