Dinners around the Epcot/BW area - am I overlooking anything?

2vets

Addicted since 1971
Hi, all -

Taking DH down for a quick trip at end of Jan/beginning of Feb - 3 nights in total. I have forced this poor man to get up before dawn to commando around multiple parks on a few occasions - he's incredibly tolerant! Our last trip was a few years ago, and we stayed at Poly and dined around the monorail area - Kona, CG, Wave, Narcoosees - it was lovely, but we always found ourselves slogging back from Epcot in the late afternoons and rushing to dinner, so just hectic. This time, we're staying YC CL and have CL FP+'s, so even with the short duration, things should be relaxed. I'm trying to make sure I keep meals centered around Epcot (where we always wind up in the afternoons) and where we're staying, while still getting out of the hotel. We're not on the DP, and price isn't really an issue, but I know he'd prefer to avoid stuffy. He likes steak but I think we'd like to avoid a full-on steakhouse, as we always eat far too much, and it would be nice to get out of the hotel and walk to dinner (so, prefer no Yachtsman or Shulas). I have never been blown away by Le Cellier so thought we'd try Chefs de France. Via Napoli is a priority, preferably on Sat night. And finally, all bets are off if I can land a Homecomin' ADR on any night (in which case we'll Uber over). Right now I have ADRs for the following:

Arrival Day (Fri) - via Napoli (backup res at Flying Fish)
Saturday - same as above
Sunday - Chefs de France

Last detail - he assures me he doesn't care about the Superbowl, we'll do an early ADR, and then I'll "happen to walk him by" ESPN after dinner.

Any thoughts? So appreciate your input, thank you!

We really like Tutto Italia, but that might be a bit redundant depending on what you order at VN.

If you like mediterrean food, Restaurant Marrakesh or Spice Road Table are very good.
Personally, I wouldn't do Via Napoli twice, there are too many other good options available.
Along with Chefs de France, I would look at the menu for Monsieur Paul. Upstairs of Chefs de France and a step up in food.

I second Spice Road Table! We loved the small plates, entrees, desserts, and drinks (so everything lol). We ate on their outside during December, and it was a chilly evening, but the outside heat lamps were on and it was actually almost too warm (we ended up turning down the heater).

Spice road table! I did forget something!

I've wanted to go to Monsieur Paul, but I took one look at that menu and immediately decided it was too fussy for DH. The bistro-y thing, he can get into - because, you know, steak frites. Steak. And fries. He's sophisticated that way - not that I care, because what a good guy!

Last detail - he assures me he doesn't care about the Superbowl, we'll do an early ADR, and then I'll "happen to walk him by" ESPN after dinner.
We've stayed at Yacht Club twice during Super Bowl and I think your chances of casually walking into ESPN after dinner are slim to none. The place will be slammed. One year we were there when our home team was playing and we had a group reservation. I was not the person who planned this so I don't know the details, but I do know that it was planned months in advance. I am however, quite certain that no one just walks in at game time. I'm not sure if it's all reserved in advance, or if there's some kind of sign up earlier in the day, but they definitely can not accommodate everyone who wants to come in. They do set up an outdoor screen and audio out on the boardwalk and there is a beer cart available. If this is important to you, I recommend you get more info about how they're doing it this year. You should probably call them directly. We don't arrive this year until the 8th so I haven't looked into it, even though I have high hopes that my home team will be playing! Best wishes to you for an excellent trip.

apartment j - thank you! I’ll look into it. Since our home team has departed for (ahem) another nearby city - not that they’dve been in the big game anyways - I believe he’s not terribly invested, but it would be good to get something solidified just in case!

Well, that was the fastest “looking into it” ever! Last year, a second tier seat at ESPN had a minimum charge of $100. It's a special event booking - no wonder I couldn't sneak in a res on Open Table. Fortunately, DH just said, “Let’s watch it in the room and snag beverages from the club lounge (arguably, the YC could be an excellent place to watch the game, depending upon the competitors)." Sweet!

Just wanted to say we just finished a meal at Homecomin’ and it was absolutely fantastic. Definitely worth all the hype. Michael is a wonderful server. We’ll definitely be back next year. In the Epcot Resorts area besides Shula’s, our must dos are always Il Mulino and bluezoo. We also did Ale and Compass for lunch today and it was quite good.

We love staying at the Epcot resorts and walking over in the evening for dinner. The IG is a little less convenient due to the Skyliner traffic, but it's still a short walk from YC/BC. Via Napoli is our favorite. I also really like Biergarten for the live polka music.

Just wanted to say we just finished a meal at Homecomin’ and it was absolutely fantastic. Definitely worth all the hype.
I'm so jealous!!!! We just booked our trip, and nothing reasonable available. That is my most-wanted. I suppose I'll keep checking multiple times a day and hope as hard as I can. Every time I get a TP alert, the res is gone before I can get onto the right page.

I'm so jealous!!!! We just booked our trip, and nothing reasonable available. That is my most-wanted. I suppose I'll keep checking multiple times a day and hope as hard as I can. Every time I get a TP alert, the res is gone before I can get onto the right page.
The only res we could get was 9:45 pm! And this was 6 months out! We tried and tried every few weeks and nothing earlier.
Last night we could have been actually seated by 915 but we wanted to linger at the bar with a moonshine or 3! The food was to die for. My partner had the chicken 🍗 drumsticks which he said was the best chicken he ever had and the catfish. I had the hush puppies and pulled barbecue pork. For dessert he had the hummingbird cake which he couldn’t finish and I had the pumpkin bread pudding! Everything was fantastic. The only snafu was my guy was so tired he left his leftover hummingbird cake on the bus !

The only res we could get was 9:45 pm! And this was 6 months out! We tried and tried every few weeks and nothing earlier.
Hmm, if we cheat a little and become a party of 3, we can get in at 9:20. I'm happy to Uber back to the YC, but damn, that's late. At least I feel a teeny bit better knowing it's not just me slacking off!

Boardwalk Pizza nothing else

Just kidding hahaha

I would say that reserving a table at ESPN would be the way to go otherwise I would bet its a complete zoo for the Super Bowl. I would suspect they do reservations like normal where you just have to spend so much.

If you are open to it (and do drink so you can use the tab at ESPN for drinks) you could do Flying Fish early followed by walking over to ESPN since you will be right there.

Does the AbracadaBAR in the Boardwalk have TVs? That might be a fun place. Or at least go for a fun drink before heading up to your room to watch the game.

We book last minute at Homecoming all the time. So keep checking especially when you are much closer to the date and its highly likely you'll find something. My husband and I have also had luck just grabbing a seat at the bar and eating there.

Does the AbracadaBAR in the Boardwalk have TVs? That might be a fun place. Or at least go for a fun drink before heading up to your room to watch the game.

I do not remember a TV in Abrcadbar. It is small and kind of cozy.

Personally, I would book dinner at Tratoria al Forno or Flyng Fish. Both are very good, both are very different, and both are attached to Abracadabar. You could have a nice dinner, either begin or end with cocktails, and then mosey back to the resort and watch the game in your room, or at least part of the game.

Flying Fish has the best New York strip I have ever had, anywhere in or out of Disney! The service is amazing, but definitely not Stuffy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!