Dinner with Picky Eaters :)

disneygurlz2s

Counting down the days.....
Hi all.... This is bound to be the first of many posts I will have with questions before we embark on our first Disney Cruise in June! I am soooo excited for all aspects of the cruise-have been waiting a long time to do this- and I am particularly excited for the beautiful restaurants and the rotational dining. However, sad to say my family (hubby, me and daughter turning 16 on cruise) is comprised of very plain eaters. We are definitely meat and potatoes people. Is it possible to order just a basic steak or chicken dinner in each restaurant? I am sure I will be a little adventurous and try a few things that my husband and daughter won't, but I hate to spend an hour or two in the restaurant only to head to the buffet so they can actually eat, LOL! Advice and suggestions greatly appreciated!
Thanks!!:worship:

Yes. Each menu has a lighter section that you should be able to find something. A cruise is an excellent way to try something new though. Ask your server to bring the plain steak and something new to try. They are very accommodating.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi all.... This is bound to be the first of many posts I will have with questions before we embark on our first Disney Cruise in June! I am soooo excited for all aspects of the cruise-have been waiting a long time to do this- and I am particularly excited for the beautiful restaurants and the rotational dining. However, sad to say my family (hubby, me and daughter turning 16 on cruise) is comprised of very plain eaters. We are definitely meat and potatoes people. Is it possible to order just a basic steak or chicken dinner in each restaurant? I am sure I will be a little adventurous and try a few things that my husband and daughter won't, but I hate to spend an hour or two in the restaurant only to head to the buffet so they can actually eat, LOL! Advice and suggestions greatly appreciated!
Thanks!!:worship:

On our recent cruise on the Fantasy, there was a Sirloin Steak and a Roasted Chicken Breast listed on, I think, every night's menu, under "lighter fare". They're served with vegetables and a potato. Also salmon. My husband ate both the steak and the salmon over the course of the week and enjoyed both. I can be a picky eater too so I know what you mean, but I think you'll always have those to fall back on. :)

(I was a first-time Disney cruiser too. I wish I'd found these boards first -- we did fine, but you'll be in even better shape!)

Absolutely! My son and I are very picky and the Fantasy restaurants were great at accommodating our special requests and subbing items, if needed. I often ordered items off of the children's menu because they were plainer. And my son is basically a plain pasta and rice eater (not meat) and there was always an option for him. Your server's rating is based on your restaurant food experience and they definitely go out of their way for you! Our servers Gavin and Christian were awesome on the Fantasy and quickly learned what we may not want and definitely my son's particular eating habits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter