Dinner in the Stars – menu that started May 5, 2023- looking for recent reviews

dcfromva

No horsing around, Christmas is coming!
We received an Email that Fantasmic will not be showing during our visit in June. I noticed Dinner in the Stars at the Tomorrowland Terrace was available, so I booked it. (This was on my list of things I wanted to try, but they have made some changes.) I am a little nervous about the menu that comes with the new dinner package that started May 5th. Has anyone tried the new menu? Do you carry it upstairs with you just like the old program? Would they give you a hard time if you tried to get one of the kids meals instead of the adult meals?

This is what they list as adult meal options on the new menu:
Fried Pork Cutlet Sandwich
Spiced Chicken with Turmeric Rice
Mushroom al Pastor Sandwich

Also curious. We did a couple times before it changed, not big on the new adult entrée options. Based on reading, it didn't seem to have much difference in experience besides the new food options (and increase in price!).

Yikes on those options…
This was my take on it. When I started looking up reviews(Ill try to find them again and post them) one of the ongoing complaints was the food. I kind of figured with the revamp it might be different but it looks almost worse. The idea of the it seems really great but I am not sure if it is worth it. I have it on my notes to look at it again for our visit during the holidays, but I hate to say I am going to need some good reviews 1st.

Pork cutlet is good. The greens mix on it has a little heat but easy enough to scrape that off. The Whoopi pie desert is really good.

I would love to hear what recent experiences are with this!

Overall impressions, seating options on the terrace, and anyone with dietary allergies have any success connecting with the events team prior to the day of their event?

I tried to look for a thread with older reviews of the experience (menu aside) and can’t seem to find a good keyword search .

Anyone happen to remember a thread title or able to link it?

Much appreciated!

Thank you so much!!!!!!

Anyone happen to have luck reaching the events team before the day of?
I marked the dietary need on the reservation but it has to go in as “other” and it’s one that takes a little while to work through. Everyone (us and CMs) usually prefer to figure it out in advance so no one is rushed (cm’s) or hungry (kiddo with allergy)
Putting my quote from the WoC thread

Chat gave me the email special.diets@disneyland.com to make my request. I would guess it would work for any food related reservation or question. Wanted to share in case anyone else might need it.

I guess I have been gone longer than I realized from these boards !

I would not have even realized the experience changed from Tomorrowland Terrace to Dinner under the stars.
Let me say that I always felt the value was good for $60 and contrary to the general consensus I really enjoyed the food offerings as well as the view was what I expected.
Now the upcharge is definitely not worth it to me and interesting to see how long it will last..

I thought I would follow up and answer my original question. 😁
We were allowed to order anything off the Galactic Grill menu. 2 in our party ordered the Spiced Chicken with Turmeric Rice -and thought it was okay.
The Specialty-Themed Nonalcoholic Beverage Options were the lime aide punch which received mixed reviews and another pineapple/coconut drink (which I thought was delicious).

The “commemorative beverage novelty”was a choice of 3 souvenir drink holders. The choices were Grogu, Darth Vader or a stainless steel Mandalorian cup. I chose Grogu because he was so darn cute. Grogu’s head comes off and you pour the drink in his body. But, the head doesn’t stay on very well and does not work well for actually carrying drinks in it, (The label on the bottom of the drink holder says it is not intended to be spill proof or leak proof and is not guaranteed against “minor” leakage).

We enjoyed our evening as it gave us a nice uncrowded place to hang out and enjoy the fireworks.

This might be too late, but for what it's worth, we JUST came back from our Disneyland trip and did the Skyline Dinner in the Sky experience. I think they are switching to the Halloween version on 9/1. The menu, sipper, and decor may change? I have no idea, but the price point and general experience should be similar. We made a video about here:
Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter