Dinner during Illuminations at Epcot

hunteraub

Earning My Ears
Is there only one restaurant at Epcot that is a good viewing area for Illuminations? I've read about Rose & Crown being a great place for dinner right before Illuminations but no other restaurant. Please advise.

Is there only one restaurant at Epcot that is a good viewing area for Illuminations? I've read about Rose & Crown being a great place for dinner right before Illuminations but no other restaurant. Please advise.

La Hacienda de San Angel in Mexico is also lagoon side.

Please understand that with both of these restaurants, you are not guaranteed perfect seating to view Illuminations. With the Rose and Crown, you might be seated inside and have to leave your table to see Illuminations. You cannot pick and choose your tables.

There is no guarantee at any restaurant you will be able to see Illuminations. At the rose and crown they do let you go out on to the patio to see the show. I have heard that If you have a table on the patio it doesn't mean you will be able to see. There are awnings that can get in your way. The only other restaurant that is on the water is La Hacienda, but it has very limited views. You can ask for one of those tables but are not guaranteed one.

We've booked both Rose and Crown and La Hacienda de San Angel with hopes to see Illuminations. I made our reservations at 7:30 or 7:45 both times

We were able to both times. Luck played in to it as much as anything, I realize that. La Hacienda de San Angel is the one that gets a slight nod as being better, in our opinion.

First time, at R&C, we got seated right on the rail overlooking the lagoon. We had good seats though the smoke from the fireworks tended to linger so we ended up with some obscured views. Those who didn't have good seating from their dining locations were told they could move to where they could see.

This last time we were at La Hacienda de San Angel. The lay out of the dining room is such that most everyone in the inner ring can see the lagoon clearly, even if they are not at the window. We were 3 tables away and saw the entire thing clearly. Again, there was an announcement that if someone couldn't see they could move to an area where they could see. The smoke did not linger over this side of the lagoon as much so we had a better view for the entire show.

We have done illuminations at La Hacienda and really enjoyed it. We did not have a window table, but were able to see fine. Most of the dining room did not have to move to see. Those that did need to move were easily able to do so. The best restaurant for fireworks, IMO, is Cali Grill for wishes. We did this last year for DD's birthday and it was AMAZING!!!!!

This last time we were at San Angel. The lay out of the dining room is such that most everyone in the inner ring can see the lagoon clearly, even if they are not at the window. We were 3 tables away and saw the entire thing clearly. Again, there was an announcement that if someone couldn't see they could move to an area where they could see. The smoke did not linger over this side of the lagoon as much so we had a better view for the entire show.

I think you are meaning La Hacienda de San Angel. The San Angel Inn is the one inside the pyramid at Mexico. No view of the fireworks from there!;) Just to make sure whoever reads this doesn't book the wrong San Angel.

And of course we can't forget La Cantina de San Angel, the quick service place on the lagoon.

I think you are meaning La Hacienda de San Angel. The San Angel Inn is the one inside the pyramid at Mexico. No view of the fireworks from there!;) Just to make sure whoever reads this doesn't book the wrong San Angel.

And of course we can't forget La Cantina de San Angel, the quick service place on the lagoon.

That's true. I used a short version of the name that would be confusing. I do mean the outdoor TS location.

Illuminations restaurant viewing
. . . Rose & Crown (UK) - Excellent Patio View
. . . La Hacienda (MX) - Excellent Window View
. . . Spice Road Table (MA) - Excellent Water-Side View (coming soon)
. . . Tokyo Dining (JP) - Good Window view, Good Patio View
. . . Chef de France (FR) - Obstructed Window View
. . . Bistro de Paris (FR) - Partially Obstructed Window View
. . . Liberty Inn (US) - Obstructed Patio View

We've booked both Rose and Crown and La Hacienda de San Angel with hopes to see Illuminations. I made our reservations at 7:30 or 7:45 both times

We were able to both times. Luck played in to it as much as anything, I realize that. La Hacienda de San Angel is the one that gets a slight nod as being better, in our opinion.

First time, at R&C, we got seated right on the rail overlooking the lagoon. We had good seats though the smoke from the fireworks tended to linger so we ended up with some obscured views. Those who didn't have good seating from their dining locations were told they could move to where they could see.

This last time we were at La Hacienda de San Angel. The lay out of the dining room is such that most everyone in the inner ring can see the lagoon clearly, even if they are not at the window. We were 3 tables away and saw the entire thing clearly. Again, there was an announcement that if someone couldn't see they could move to an area where they could see. The smoke did not linger over this side of the lagoon as much so we had a better view for the entire show.

This is really helpful. Thanks! I booked a 7:45 dinner at La Hacienda de San Angel in the hopes of viewing Illuminations at the restaurant.

There is no guarantee at any restaurant you will be able to see Illuminations. At the rose and crown they do let you go out on to the patio to see the show. I have heard that If you have a table on the patio it doesn't mean you will be able to see. There are awnings that can get in your way. The only other restaurant that is on the water is La Hacienda, but it has very limited views. You can ask for one of those tables but are not guaranteed one.

True. We were seated on the upper patio at R&C and had an obstructed view. Also, R&C seats on a first come first served basis for seating. If a table with a view is available, they will give it to you, but they won't allow you to wait for one. You have to take what's available.

We were seated about 40 minutes after our ADR time when we went to R&C. They were extremely busy due to Illuminations, and this was in September. I'd imagine most nights are like this. Took us 20 minutes in line just to get up to the podium to check in! To me, it wasn't worth the hassle and I will just find a spot to watch Illuminations next time.

We had a window table at La Hacienda and it was a truly amazing view of Illuminations ...

035_zpsce713e14.jpg

We have also eaten at Tokyo Dining and did not have a table with a good view but we went out on the balcony to watch. It was an obstructed view but because we have seen the show so many times it was an interesting angle.

this is what happend to us. We were excited to be seated on the patio at R&C, but seated next to th wall under an awning. I couldn't see at all and ended up having to get up and stand at the railing. That was okay, but sort of defeated the purpose of ating at R&C. Plus I thought the food was only okay, so looking back, I wouln't do it again. I would just time my meal at another restaurant (that I like better than R&C) to watch the show, and then stand at some other place at the railing around the lagoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter