Dinner at BOG, how is the food?

Mousemom

DIS Veteran
I was able to get reservations for our trip in September after checking every day for weeks. Just wonding what others who have eaten at BOG think of the food? I like steak and will probably order it. The desserts look very good too.

I was able to get reservations for our trip in September after checking every day for weeks. Just wonding what others who have eaten at BOG think of the food? I like steak and will probably order it. The desserts look very good too.

The desserts actually aren't the best, by far. They really are not anything special you couldn't get at a million places at Disney, or at your local cupcake shop. BUT, the food is pretty darn good. Had the pork and the steak I think, both fantastic, the fries were crispy and had an awesome seasoning ... the pork came with an awesome potato side ...

Very good.

Also, tell them its someone's birthday ... The Grey Stuff is for birthdays only.

My family and I really liked the food :). I thought the pork was wonderful and juicy..l the green beans that came with it were soooo good! Also, my 4 year old niece LOVED the kids meatloaf :D. The bread and sea salted butter was yummy too lol

I loved just being there!! I remember the pork being really good but nothing there really knocked my socks off. Our daughters weren't very happy with the kids selection either. I hope they bring in a little more basic kids items for the picky eaters.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We dined there earlier this year and thought the food was pretty good. We weren't sorry we went and will probably go back at some point. At our table we had the french onion soup, the mussels provencal, the potato leek soup, the steak, the shrimp & scallops in the puff pastry and the ratatouille. We all tried everything. The soups were very good, the steak and shrimp/scallop dish was really good too. I personally didn't care for the ratatouille but that's just not my thing. FYI the lunch was really good too. :)

You would probably get more responses on the restaurant board, but I will tell you that my family and I loved it! :lovestruc

We ate there in April for dinner and everything including the ambience, service and food were all wonderful! We all got the steak, which was cooked perfectly for each of us, and we got the french onion soup, which was delicious!!! (I was surprised to find out after the fact that it is veggie based and not the normal beef base)

It was a wonderful experience that we plan on doing again next August! :thumbsup2

My husband and I both ordered the steak and really enjoyed it. Lots of flavor... DD had the chicken from the kid's menu and ate every bite! She ate my fries (frites) and I had her grilled vegetables though. I had the lemon dessert and thought it was delicious.

We've eaten there twice, first in Nov. & again in May. We all love it, in fact was the first restaurant my DS7 asked to return to for the May trip:) Both times we got the steak, mussels, & French onion soup, which were all just as delicious the 2nd time around. DS10 wasn't thrilled with the kids chicken. As far as the cupcakes, we all thought they were some of the best desserts on property, and we are BIG dessert people. Enjoy:yay:

The French Onion Soup and the Grey Stuff were the outstanding items for us. I had the pork -- is was dry and underdone (seriously, how can it still be partly raw inside and yet as dry as it was?). I ate very little of it. (In retrospect, I wish I had sent it back.) Dh got the shrimp and scallops in the puff pastry. If you don't eat the puff pastry, you will have a very light dinner. We both left feeling like we needed to get dinner somewhere. We also had a cupcake at lunch and, well, it was a cupcake. Nothing to rave about. I make better ones myself. For the price we paid, it was probably the biggest let-down meal of our trip.

I had the seafood puff pastry and YUM! Dd17 had the steak and was excellent.

The cupcakes were small compared to the cupcakes I get at the deluxe resort QS restaurants.

Check out the menu on allears and just make sure something you like. Dd always wanted to go to California Grill but menu for me was :confused3
Lacking anything I would want.

Dd was also able to get a soda in the "goblet" instead of the juices. She uses it to store her makeup brushes on her vanity;) the blinky lights in the base are cute :lovestruc

I found the food well cooked but boring , bland , lacking in flavor and imagination.

But di you try the grey stuff? I hear it's delicious.:lmao::lmao: JK

We are going for the first time this August. Here's to hoping they are learnign as they go.

The French Onion Soup and the Grey Stuff were the outstanding items for us. I had the pork -- is was dry and underdone (seriously, how can it still be partly raw inside and yet as dry as it was?). I ate very little of it. (In retrospect, I wish I had sent it back.) Dh got the shrimp and scallops in the puff pastry. If you don't eat the puff pastry, you will have a very light dinner. We both left feeling like we needed to get dinner somewhere. We also had a cupcake at lunch and, well, it was a cupcake. Nothing to rave about. I make better ones myself. For the price we paid, it was probably the biggest let-down meal of our trip.

Did I write this?? We went and both my DD and SIL had the pork and hated it. Exactly like you described...dry and underdone (they called it squishy). I had the pastry and it was like an appetizer. My GD (5) didn't like anything on the menu and we got her the side order of mac/cheese and she hated it and only ate the bread for dinner. My DH had the steak and he said it was good. After that meal, we had another one booked for our october trip and all agreed that no one wanted to go back so we cancelled.

Did I write this?? We went and both my DD and SIL had the pork and hated it. Exactly like you described...dry and underdone (they called it squishy). I had the pastry and it was like an appetizer. My GD (5) didn't like anything on the menu and we got her the side order of mac/cheese and she hated it and only ate the bread for dinner. My DH had the steak and he said it was good. After that meal, we had another one booked for our october trip and all agreed that no one wanted to go back so we cancelled.

My pork was really really good.

I loved just being there!! I remember the pork being really good but nothing there really knocked my socks off. Our daughters weren't very happy with the kids selection either. I hope they bring in a little more basic kids items for the picky eaters.
Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My kids aren't picky eaters, but the kids selections don't interest them AT ALL (ds12 is a very light eater, so even though he's a Disney adult for the DDP, he usually orders off the kids menu.) So, I didn't even attempt an ADR for BOG. We might try to go for lunch, but I'm guessing not. Oh well, we can at least LOOK at it! :rotfl:

We were there about a month ago. I had the pork and it was wonderful. Moist and tender and cut like butter. It came with a side of Mac and cheese that was seriously some of the best I've ever had. My husband had the steak and it was very good. However, there was just something amazing about the fries. We were all trying to bum them off him. My son had the shrimp and scallops with puffed pastry. This was also very good and he only let us try a a tiny bite and we had to fight for that! We all liked the desserts. I really like my Strawberry cupcake. Were they the best desserts of the trip? Maybe not, but they weren't the worst and we enjoyed them.

The food was ok nothing to rave about. Have eaten other places in Disney with much better food!

We went last December to Disney for our wedding/honeymoon and ate dinner at BOG... We also ate at a ton of signature restaurants (we were on DDP)... And BOG had my favorite steak by far! It was so good. My DH had the shrimp and scallop thing and liked it too.

I am so glad I found this thread. We are eating there in October and I have been wondering about the shrimp and scallops dish. I am so glad to hear everyone liked it :goodvibes. I can't wait for our meal there, and we are celebrating my birthday when we go so I guess I will be able to try the grey stuff too :banana:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!