Dinner---any "should not miss" places for us East Coasters?

Any suggestions for a good, authentic Mexican restaurant?

Depends on what you want. Your most authentic might be just be finding a taco truck somewhere. But possibly some place on Olvera Street.

Olvera%20St_Yuri%201.jpg

There's always a long line at Cielito Lindo. It's closer to street food than a sit down restaurant, but cheap eats are aways welcome for me.

main.jpg

I'm personally OBSESSED with wanting to go to In-N-Out Burger while in California (we'll be at Disneyland for 4 nights, then Univeral Studios/Warner Brothers area for 2 nights, then Santa Monica Pier area for 2 nights). Please share places you love to eat at. Can be fast food or even more upscale, but we'll always be in shorts and t-shirts so nothing too upscale that won't permit the dress-down. Thanks!
Don't tell anyone in SoCal I said this, but: In-N-Out? Meh! You hear transplants whisper this to each other because locals feel so strongly. I hav eto laugh at myself, though, because I REALLY like El Pollo Loco!

Depends on what you want. Your most authentic might be just be finding a taco truck somewhere. But possibly some place on Olvera Street.

Olvera%20St_Yuri%201.jpg

There's always a long line at Cielito Lindo. It's closer to street food than a sit down restaurant, but cheap eats are aways welcome for me.

main.jpg
Thank you - I think that we would like a spot that we could sit down.

If you like sushi, Sushi on Fire in Huntington Beach is phenomenal, and its a cool little downtown to walk around (about 20 min from DL)

If you like sushi, Sushi on Fire in Huntington Beach is phenomenal, and its a cool little downtown to walk around (about 20 min from DL)

We had a good time at Show Sushi. I think it's in La Palma, but it's right on the border with Buena Park. Ours wasn't exactly all you can eat as they had a limit on how many of each item, but it was still a good deal.

If you manage to get over to Old Town Orange, there are a couple of places there worth checking out for food, as well as the wonderful antiques stores around Orange Circle - the eating establishments are Urth Caffe and also The Filling Station. There's also a rather wonderful ice-cream location as well, called Afters, which is definitely worth visiting for dessert.

Olvera%20St_Yuri%201.jpg

main.jpg
Sit down restaurant with great fajitas.....please.😁

Sit down restaurant with great fajitas.....please.😁

L.A. isn't a fajita town. Fajitas are Tex-Mex. L.A. is a taco town. That being said, many seemed to have adapted. Maybe this place? There seems to be a lot of criticism that they're resting on their reputation and the food has slipped (and they overcharge for their reputation), but I can't find any criticisms of the atmosphere. Apparently feels like a classic Mexican restaurant in L.A.

http://elcoyotecafe.com/
https://www.yelp.com/biz/el-coyote-cafe-los-angeles

5577.jpg

If I were to suggest anything, it would be red quesabirria tacos. Not sure what kind of full service restaurant you're going to find those in, but I really liked what they had at Papi Tacos & Churros in Santa Monica. They also have a location in L.A. They're more a counter order place, but it was just so good. I ordered the O.G. Plate, which had one regular taco, one quesotaco, one mulita, one quesadilla, and a side of consume (the red broth that the meat was cooked in).

plate.jpg.jpg

https://www.papitacoschurros.com/

We were at The Grove at the beginning of January and discovered Umami Burger 🤩🤩 Soooo good. We walked around the Farmers Market after, so much good food there too (but were too full from Umami 😂).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter