Dinner ADR at ABC Commissary starting 6/2/19

Cinderumbrella

DIS Veteran
Beginning today, you can book dinner reservations at ABC Commissary, starting 6/2/19.

Anyone know any more details as to why or if changes are coming?

I saw that, and booked it for our trip. I'm not sure what changes they might make. I've eaten there before and the food wasn't spectacular, but that was a long time ago. I just like the idea of a sit down CS rather than searching high and low for a seat. It will be interesting to see how it goes. I may not keep the reservation in the long run, but I like the idea.

When I checked today, it appears that dinner will now be a table service? Quick service is no longer accepted? Hope this is a snafu? :confused3

Wow I booked this for our August trip thinking it would be quick service like BOG breakfast/ lunch and guarantee an air conditioned meal.

I'm guessing this has something to do with Star Wars opening. I've eaten there many times and never had an issue finding a table. Also found the food to be just above terrible. It's usually our go to if it's hot out since it's inside, it's a shame it won't be a last minute pop in anymore.

Curious as to what your conformation email stated as far a dining credits/plans? Does it require 1 TS credit?
I searched for dinner at HS with QS dining plan ABC came up.........after booking the email confirmation says

Disney Dining Plans Accepted

2019 Disney Dining Plans Entitlements Required
Dinner
Quick Service -
Dining 1
Deluxe Dining 1

So I'm confused

I searched for dinner at HS with QS dining plan ABC came up.........after booking the email confirmation says

Disney Dining Plans Accepted

2019 Disney Dining Plans Entitlements Required
Dinner
Quick Service -
Dining 1
Deluxe Dining 1

So I'm confused

My confirmation email states this also, but then in the Restriction/Requirement section says -" If applicable, location requires 1 Quick Service meal for Disney Dining Plan"
Clearly they haven't worked out all the details for this yet.

So technically...it's still gonna be quick service that they're gonna charge now as table service? o_O
I would assume it is a QS credit since the quick service plan is accepted. This is our BOG breakfast to compare

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190328-192441_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190328-192441_Chrome.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 29
I booked this for our trip and I’m feeling like (hoping!) it’s QS, they’re just having a few roll-out hiccups since almost all ADRs are TS. Please bear with me if my first attempt at sharing a photo doesn’t go well, but the MDE app shows it as a”Quick Service Restaurant” experience.

ETA: Oops! Don’t have enough posts yet to share a link. You’ll just have to imagine it saying “Experience Type: Quick Service Restaurant” :rolleyes1

Last edited:
I'm actually a little confused because it's called fast casual, is obviously NOT to the level of most TS, but my confirm says what those above say. Where the QS isn't "checked". But for BOG Breakfast and Lunch it is. I'm going to chalk it up to it being Disney and IT not being their thing. We'll have to see what others say.

I'm actually a little confused because it's called fast casual, is obviously NOT to the level of most TS, but my confirm says what those above say. Where the QS isn't "checked". But for BOG Breakfast and Lunch it is. I'm going to chalk it up to it being Disney and IT not being their thing. We'll have to see what others say.
Go into the Disney website and look at your res, view confirmation, view reservation details, then the select dining plans accepted. They have the QS update there.

Based on the Disney Parks Blog, it looks like QS until dinner and then 1TS credit with the ability for ADR starting at 4 pm. All meals are still ordered at the counter, but at dinner, they'll bring the food to your table. Seems like a horrendous waste of 1TS credit, if that's actually the case. I'd never choose to eat there, anyway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter