Dining w/o Smartphones

DVC92

DIS Veteran
I have a visit planned for July. My wife and I do not have smart phones which seem to be necessary for ordering food, menu viewing, and meal payment at counter-service restaurants. Without phones, how can we effect dining at these restaurants?

Also, how does it work at full-service restaurants?

Hi! If at ALL possible, I recommend getting at least one smartphone between the two of you. In some restaurants mobile/touchless ordering may be your only option; I think a few have paper menus but I'm not sure. Having one smartphone will let you not only check wait times and order food, but it will make your entire trip easier in general!

You do not need to have a smartphone; many do not (my mom visits WDW without one and does just fine!).

At a quick service restaurant, you just tell the CM at the door that you need to order at a register. Every quick service has at least 1 register open that you can place an order at, the old fashioned way. You'll wait for your food like you used to.

If you are dining at a table service, you can check in for your reservation at the host stand just like you used to.

At any restaurant that directs you to a QR code menu, you can simply request a printed menu. Many of them hand you a menu anyways but my MIL requested printed ones at places that didn't. They have a stack of them and it's not a problem at all.

Hope you have a great trip!

I apologize- I spoke out of turn in my first post! My friend is at WDW now and not using a smartphone; they are having NO issues, as paper menus and stationary menus are available everywhere. You will be just fine.

Enjoy your trip!

Even with my smartphone and knowledge of how to use QR codes, I was unable to pull up the menu at Homecomin' last summer. Oddly, my friend that I was dining with was having the same issue, so I think it was a temporary glitch.

They had no issue giving us each a paper menu.

Some kind of device that at least has wi-fi is useful for more that ordering and changing dining reservations. It is also useful for booking Fastpasses and checking wait times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter