Dining Reviews -- How did I miss this board?

Linda/MA

DIS Veteran
We're just back from a short 5-day trip. My husband had a Sales Conference at the Yacht Club for 3 days and we stayed an extra 2. Loved, loved that hotel. When we stayed at the BWI, we fell in love with that area. But on to the food --

Day 1 -- Lunch at Tusker House -- Was very disappointed. Remember it being so much better on previous trips. I had the chicken salad and really didn't care for it. DDs and DH had the chicken sandwich and said it was ok; however, one sandwich had to be returned because there was a hair in it! Service was kind of slow.

Dinner at Margaritaville -- know this is not Disney, but we love that place and rented a car just so we could go there one night. I had the coconut shrimp and it was delicious as were the Margaritas! :dance3:

Day 2 -- Lunch at Rose and Crown -- Had the fish and chips and they were pretty good. Thought the fish was kind of greasy but, afterall, it is fried. Only negative was that we had to sit outside and it was extremely hot.

Dinner was at the Conference Center. Heavy buffet items that were pretty good.

Day 3 -- Lunch at Beaches and Cream while DH was at his conference. DD and I both had the Caesar Salad with chicken. It was excellent. Loved the dressing. Also had a hot fudge sundae. Couldn't resist. :)

Dinner at Shula's -- One of the companies my DH does a lot of business with took us there. I was really looking forward to it, but was a little disappointed. I normally get the small fillet when I go to steak houses, but somehow got talked into the New York Sirloin. Thought it was dry. DH thought the same about the Porterhouse he ordered. Both DDs had the fillet and that was very good. Wish I had gotten that. Glad we didn't have to pay for that meal. :rolleyes: Appetizers and sides were good, however.

Day 4 -- Lunch at Beaches and Cream again. This time DH and I had the roast beef sub and onion rings. Both were excellent.

Dinner at Alfredo's -- his company was putting on a dessert buffet at Epcot for Illuminations, so we decided to go light for dinner. We ordered some appetizers, salad and one entree -- sort of a sampler. Food was good, but we get really good Italian all the time, so it was nothing really special. I thought it was very overpriced for Italian food.

BTW, the dessert buffet was great. It was held in the patio between France and UK. They had bananas foster :banana: , all kinds of ice cream novelties, cookies, desserts, etc. Great spot to see Illuminations!

Day 5 -- Father's Day -- we had breakfast at the Yacht Club Galley. Finally got to have my Mickey waffle which I love. Most mornings we just had breakfast in the room.

Dinner at the Brown Derby -- I've always wanted to go to this restaurant, but never made it. Was so glad we went this time. I had the grouper, which was excellent; DD and DH had the salmon and loved it (DH is extremely critical about restaurants, but loved this meal); and other DD asked for a cheeseburger and liked it as well. We had the Cobb salad for appetizer and the Grapefruit cake for dessert. I must say that this was one of the best meals I've had at WDW.

Now to get back on the diet!

Thanks for the reviews. Did they charge you extra for the hair on the food at Tusker House? :rotfl2:

ufgator said:
Thanks for the reviews. Did they charge you extra for the hair on the food at Tusker House? :rotfl2:

No, but you think they would have thrown in a free dessert. ;)

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Welcome to the new board. :wave: Glad you found it. ;)

Thanks for the reviews. Thats good to know about Shulas as we plan to try there in December. I willgo for the filet. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the reviews. I think you just settled my Tusker House or Flame Tree BBQ question! :)

Thanks for your reviews!

We are taking a day and going to Seaworld. Since we'll have a car for the day, we are heading over to Margaritaville as well. I never miss a chance to go. My goal is to visit all seven. Three down (with Orlando being the third), four to go. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter